over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB & NPC have officially Separated

machinemind

Registered
Official Announcement from the NPC and IFBB Pro League | FLEX Online

IFBB will only recognize professional status gained at IFBB events.

35hedeh.jpg

Attachments

• THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 091817.jpg
    THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 091817.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 650
IFBB & NPC have officially Separated

So that’s what Dennis James was talking about at the Olympia conference. Some changes coming.

Sent from The Iron Pile

Last edited:
I have never competed so don't know, how does this change things for most competitors?

I have never competed so don't know, how does this change things for most competitors?

I believe this means winners of the USA's, Nationals, and Team Universe may no longer be grandfathered in to professional IFBB competition.

Finally dealing with the pro card inflation.

I believe this means winners of the USA's, Nationals, and Team Universe may no longer be grandfathered in to professional IFBB competition.

no.....they will still "CONTINUE to recognize and support" pro qualifying
events in the states....

the only changes now is that IFBB is starting their own
AMATEUR league...will this also mean, there will be amateur IFBB
shows in the states...???.....they didn't say, remains to be seen I guess.

I assume the reason for the NEW OLYMPIA AMATUER this weekend as well...
I feel the reason is to attract "business" from amateur's OUT of the U.S.

will this mean they are cutting down on "PRO CARDS" in the states...???
who knows for now....

this is what I'm getting from the letter...

:cool:

Last edited:
no.....they will still "CONTINUE to recognize and support" pro qualifying
events in the states....

the only changes now is that IFBB is starting their own
AMATEUR league...will this also mean, there will be amateur IFBB
shows in the states...???.....they didn't say, remains to be seen I guess.

I assume the reason for the NEW OLYMPIA AMATUER this weekend as well...
I feel the reason is to attract "business" from amateur's OUT of the U.S.

will this mean they are cutting down on "PRO CARDS" in the states...???
who knows for now....

this is what I'm getting from the letter...

:cool:

This is what I got from it as well. Almost shit for a second since I'm helping. A guy get ready for nationals ..

It appears like the same process, to qualify for say NPC Junior Nationals Pro qualifier you have to place at a national show to get there.

It sure would be nice to have some Pro qualifiers here in Tennessee, or closer to home.

this just plain fucks any non American competitor....for 2017 anyway who wanted to turn pro at one of the big events outside of USA

it doesn't remove much excess procards as for the most part they have been hard to get hold off anyway and limited to just an overall winner of a big show like an Arnold or European Champs or Asian Champs.

so many are prepping for the weekends Arnold Europe...to try win a pro card. as IFBB Amateur are the judges.....no pro card.

British Champs...now no pro card (only one card a year to the overall)

Amatuer Olympia Asia....now no pro card (only overall winners get this....national champs nope)

EVLS Prague....now no pro card

earliest one for Europeans is now San Marino (as it will use NPC officials)

next year though its good news ...

for example a London Pro Am - first pro show for years - and allows people from other feds to compete....

it also means rule changes

IFBB Amateur Judging is normally 7 to 12 judges with the top two and bottom two scorecards removed to take away bias......with officials from a host of countries at the international shows and rotated around. The head judge doesn't judge he just acts as the officiator to oversea that rules are kept and scorecards aren't out ....

so IFBB amateur has very specific rules for posing etc... ie the dorian style side tricep... no bikini bend over posing...... judging is different also.... finals and posing are scored in IFBB amateur....its not the usual prejudge then go eat burger and fries..

mens physique outside USA are generally smaller...as per IFBB rules (they have a muscular mens physique category)

Classic Physique (Euro style) is posing trunks - not the hotpants..... and much tighter weight limits (and no classic poses per sey)

so its a few things to deal with....

lets see what happens as many IFBB Amateurs (mid east, eastern Europe, china) are state sponsored like Olympics and get paid, housing and medal bonus's. for those it doesn't make sense to jump ship

for others who want the US catagories and pro cards then of course it does....

so will be a pain for the next few months until the dust settles and its all clear..

this has been planned for sometime though....Vegas Olympia Amateur fallout was just the perfect timing to then fire back.......

Last edited:
this just plain fucks any non American competitor....for 2017 anyway who wanted to turn pro at one of the big events outside of USA

it doesn't remove much excess procards as for the most part they have been hard to get hold off anyway and limited to just an overall winner of a big show like an Arnold or European Champs or Asian Champs.

so many are prepping for the weekends Arnold Europe...to try win a pro card. as IFBB Amateur are the judges.....no pro card.

British Champs...now no pro card (only one card a year to the overall)

Amatuer Olympia Asia....now no pro card (only overall winners get this....national champs nope)

EVLS Prague....now no pro card

earliest one for Europeans is now San Marino (as it will use NPC officials)

next year though its good news ...

for example a London Pro Am - first pro show for years - and allows people from other feds to compete....

it also means rule changes

IFBB Amateur Judging is normally 7 to 12 judges with the top two and bottom two scorecards removed to take away bias......with officials from a host of countries at the international shows and rotated around. The head judge doesn't judge he just acts as the officiator to oversea that rules are kept and scorecards aren't out ....

so IFBB amateur has very specific rules for posing etc... ie the dorian style side tricep... no bikini bend over posing...... judging is different also.... finals and posing are scored in IFBB amateur....its not the usual prejudge then go eat burger and fries..

mens physique outside USA are generally smaller...as per IFBB rules (they have a muscular mens physique category)

Classic Physique (Euro style) is posing trunks - not the hotpants..... and much tighter weight limits (and no classic poses per sey)

so its a few things to deal with....

lets see what happens as many IFBB Amateurs (mid east, eastern Europe, china) are state sponsored like Olympics and get paid, housing and medal bonus's. for those it doesn't make sense to jump ship

for others who want the US catagories and pro cards then of course it does....

so will be a pain for the next few months until the dust settles and its all clear..

this has been planned for sometime though....Vegas Olympia Amateur fallout was just the perfect timing to then fire back.......
British UKBFF overall winner still gets pro status with IFBB. Always been the case. This is not changing. What are you talking about ? IFBB and separated from NPC whatever but IFBB still recognises English bodybuilding federation/ UK bodybuilding and fitness federation UKBFF.

IFBB & UKBFF are cool and on same terms as before. no change for us.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

I'm still not 100% sure what all this entails but this was a clarification for me. So maybe the U.S. branch has just been separated from the rest of the world.

"OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM THE IFBB HEAD OFFICE
Madrid, September 16th, 2017

The International Federation Of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) informs that the NPC (National Physique Committee), USA Nationally affiliated Federation to the IFBB, is under investigation and it is provisionally suspended, effective this date, by the IFBB Disciplinary Commission, due to its continuous breach and non-observance of IFBB Constitution and Rules which have been emphasized and clarified by the events that have happened at the Mr Olympia Weekend in Las Vegas, date September 13-14, 2017"

"IFBB Australia and South Pacific Oceania together with the other almost 200 countries of the IFBB join together to take back the Professional side of our sport to correct the deterioration and many problems it has as this time.
We are expressing and attending to the concerns of millions of fans and sports authorities around the world.
Please continue to watch for further updates which you will very pleased with!"

Seems no one is understanding this. IFBB and NPC did not part ways.

IFBB Pro league is no longer recognizing the IFBB Amateur league. So you can not become an IFBB pro by winning an amateur Olympia ect. You can only tun IFBB pro via NPC or one of the organizations the NPC will recognize in each respected country.

Last edited:
Is it even a big deal for anyone to get their pro card anymore? With all due respect to those on here who have earned it (I'm sure you've worked very hard), I've seen a lot of my friends get their pro cards in the past few years and it almost seems like it takes the prestige away. In anything else, to reach "professional" status requires usually a MINIMUM of 10 YEARS of dedicated hard work and talent development. You don't become a lawyer in 5 years or less. You don't become a doctor in 5 years or less. You don't master a martial art in 5 years or less. You don't make it to the NFL in 5 years or less....you get the picture. Granted there are some genetic freaks that produce wow physiques in just a few years, but I can't really pick out any of my buddies who have "WOW" physiques to the point where they should be considered "professional". If I just dieted down I would look better than most of them lol, and I have never done a competition in my life. I do not consider myself a pro by any means, just experienced. Does the IFBB or NPC make more money if someone earns their pro card???

British UKBFF overall winner still gets pro status with IFBB. Always been the case. This is not changing. What are you talking about ? IFBB and separated from NPC whatever but IFBB still recognises English bodybuilding federation/ UK bodybuilding and fitness federation UKBFF.

IFBB & UKBFF are cool and on same terms as before. no change for us.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

well that wasn't clarified as of yesterday bar that there are "new" pro cards
Arnold Amateur Europe isn't giving out IFBB Pro League cards.
so you do have a bizarre situation where the UKBFF judges, who don't allow cross over to other federations, will judge IFBB pro leagues shows (Bill) yet also partake in IFBB International amateur shows (with pavel and co)
The NPC stated clearly that the only shows that will allow pro card qualification are those recognized - so its not stupid to have considered that - as the UKBFF is a supporter of the IFBB Interional amateur shows - it may not have pro cards anymore.

its a fucking mess for those outside the US that's for sure. it will get cleared up over the coming weeks I am sure. Amateur Olympia events (India and Hong kong) will still have pro cards for the winners (pro cards as in the REAL ones that get you in Olympia qualification shows) - yet will be judged by IFBB international judges....so its certainly all a bit weird.

after all Rafael doesn't issue the pro cards does he, he just accepts the nomination/recgonises it and then sends you off to get your card from pittsburg ........

Last edited:
Seems no one is understanding this. IFBB and NPC did not part ways.

IFBB Pro league is no longer recognizing the IFBB Amateur league. So you can not become an IFBB pro by winning an amateur Olympia ect. You can only tun IFBB pro via NPC or one of the organizations the NPC will recognize in each respected country.

remember - and this is the confusion - there are 3 parties here

IFBB Pro league (Manion/Bob Chick etc - Olympia, NY Pro etc etc)

IFBB International - (Santoja) this is basically like the NPC but for everyone OUTSIDE of the USA

NPC - national fed for the USA

whats been the case before is that ..

in the USA - you win procard by winning or coming second at an NPC national show

everywhere else..... you win overall at an Arnold , AM Olympia, Continental Championship, Diamond Cup etc etc

NPC have now basically gone international.....and are saying only shows they recognize will be able to hand out procards

IFBB International was previously organizer of this outside of the US bar a small amount of countries which issue pro cards to national winners (Australia, NZ, USA....most countries don't give out pro cards to national champs.....for example in Asia overall winners at National Champs don't get a pro card)
IFBB international are now running there own 'cards' but these aren't the pro cards that get you into the pro shows we all know

remember - and this is the confusion - there are 3 parties here

IFBB Pro league (Manion/Bob Chick etc - Olympia, NY Pro etc etc)

IFBB International - (Santoja) this is basically like the NPC but for everyone OUTSIDE of the USA

NPC - national fed for the USA

whats been the case before is that ..

in the USA - you win procard by winning or coming second at an NPC national show

everywhere else..... you win overall at an Arnold , AM Olympia, Continental Championship, Diamond Cup etc etc

NPC have now basically gone international.....and are saying only shows they recognize will be able to hand out procards

IFBB International was previously organizer of this outside of the US bar a small amount of countries which issue pro cards to national winners (Australia, NZ, USA....most countries don't give out pro cards to national champs.....for example in Asia overall winners at National Champs don't get a pro card)
IFBB international are now running there own 'cards' but these aren't the pro cards that get you into the pro shows we all know

Santoja thought he was the boss, but Manion is a Don.

bit shit still ...

I mean imagine you were a few days out of a pro card NPC event and suddenly its no longer pro cards... like many in Europe who are off to the Arnold Amateur Europe.

NPC have been planning this for a long time anyway....this was just a great time to execute the take over / hit

so it now seems AM Olympias, San marino, Finland and Ben Weider Canada will all still be proper procard events... so this is no big change to be honest

all that's happened is there are now some additional pro shows with AMs attached like Bobs two in London....which is good news....... what a messy few days!

Thanks Noel

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner