over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are You Dirty? cleansing vs eating right

11sh11

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
In a quick-fix society, many look to a cleanse as a remedy for sloppy diets, AAS use, and other self abusing shenanigans. But do they work?
Many will say yes, and they can, but what's really happening? Taking herbs and oils and restricting foods, and ultimately causing the consumer to lose weight from dehydration, not eating much for 4-7 days, sweating, and shitting a lot.
So, if your body is already under stress, does it make sense to send it in the opposite direction by adding an equally stressing action?
A better solution is to allow the body to do what it's capable of - cleansing and housekeeping daily. Think arugula, chicory, watercress, dandelion greens, turmeric, cilantro, jicama root, etc... Eating bitter greens
As soon as a bitter flavor is detected by the taste buds on the tongue (located at the back), a signal is sent out to the vagus nerve which stimulates the various organs involved in digestion – stomach, pancreas, gall bladder and intestines. This signal increases the strength of peristaltic.
The vagus nerve also carries signal to the kidneys and liver. Eating the bitter greens encourages a subtle squeezing on these organs, thus cleansing them.
Improving digestion, preventing bloating, and even staving off liver inflammation can be easy as including bitter greens into your daily nutrition. Eat your veggies, they really are good for you

first of all, YES! lol for sure dont be drinking from my glass! :p

great reminder!
sucks trying to use your head n be responsible with food n all that :banghead:

i have never been a big fan a veggies, so many years i only focused on what food did for the outside totally neglected them.

forcing change!

good to see you!
;)

happy weekend
:star-w:rs

Lol, good to see you too! Ok, heres my take for those who might need more convincing because of exterior focus. The skin is a major organ. Whatever's going on externally is a reflection of the interior. Great way to keep skin tight and fresh, cleaner, and more free from acne. Repairs better.
I've had a few questions recently about otc cleanses, and I'm still an advocate for better health and fewer quick fixes
Stay well!

Proper digestion is one of the most overlooked aspects of the sport. Thanks for posting.

great post 11sh :) I am also guilty of not being as disciplined as I should with proper nutrition in the past. I can attest to the importance of the bitter greens in promoting GI health. The best gains ive ever made have been in the last 5-6 months and one of the major changes i made was the inclusion of more greens, fibers, veggies, etc etc. Kept my digestive system firing on all cylinders and the ability to continually detox at an optimal level. Usually in the past I would have been feeling toxic after a few months on, this time around that didnt happen.

The #1 supplement I can't live without is FIBER. I use 6 tablespoons daily of psyllium husks and some metamucil for flavor. Usually 1-2 tablespoons with each meal.

Keeps me regular to the exact minute daily. Might be a little TMI but you know you are doing it right if all it takes is 1 wipe and even that is totally clean

Veggies don't seem to have the same effect and for the post part come out looking the same way they went in, so I know i'm not absorbing anything from them. I do like arugula just gotta make sure to chew it better I guess

Last edited:
Fiber is definitely a neccessity. Without the dark greens though, youre missing the phytonutrients essential for daily health and cleansing of organs.

I have a smoothie every day with bitter greens in the mix.

But I also take psyllium everyday as well.

As goal mentioned, if you are getting enough, there is hardly any "paperwork" involved.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I have found the best way to cleanse is fasting. After 20 or so hours. , maybe before your body will start feeling better inclduing your mind. My best fasting was 36 hours. I am not making this up I felt like my mind was rejuvenated and my body felt great. I my be wrong but I dont think muscle will be lost after not eating for 36 hours. so I wasn't worried about that.

I have found the best way to cleanse is fasting. After 20 or so hours. , maybe before your body will start feeling better inclduing your mind. My best fasting was 36 hours. I am not making this up I felt like my mind was rejuvenated and my body felt great. I my be wrong but I dont think muscle will be lost after not eating for 36 hours. so I wasn't worried about that.
Cleansing here and there is definitely good for overall health and won't derail gains in the slightest. Too many bros think you'll lose all your gains if you don't eat for a prolonged period of time lol.

Fiber is definitely a neccessity. Without the dark greens though, youre missing the phytonutrients essential for daily health and cleansing of organs.

Even though the greens are not digesting? and not releasing any quantifiable nutrients? I don't have 4 stomachs like a cow to digest stuff like that. Have you ever ate corn, how much nutrition do you think you are absorbing from undigested corn pieces, same goes for greens unless you chew the hell out of it or blend/juice

Also "cleansing" from what exactly?

Fasting around 24h every once in a while is good and gives your digestive system a break and after the fast I feel like my muscles super compensate and I get a better pump once start eating again

In a quick-fix society, many look to a cleanse as a remedy for sloppy diets, AAS use, and other self abusing shenanigans. But do they work?
Many will say yes, and they can, but what's really happening? Taking herbs and oils and restricting foods, and ultimately causing the consumer to lose weight from dehydration, not eating much for 4-7 days, sweating, and shitting a lot.
So, if your body is already under stress, does it make sense to send it in the opposite direction by adding an equally stressing action?
A better solution is to allow the body to do what it's capable of - cleansing and housekeeping daily. Think arugula, chicory, watercress, dandelion greens, turmeric, cilantro, jicama root, etc... Eating bitter greens
As soon as a bitter flavor is detected by the taste buds on the tongue (located at the back), a signal is sent out to the vagus nerve which stimulates the various organs involved in digestion – stomach, pancreas, gall bladder and intestines. This signal increases the strength of peristaltic.
The vagus nerve also carries signal to the kidneys and liver. Eating the bitter greens encourages a subtle squeezing on these organs, thus cleansing them.
Improving digestion, preventing bloating, and even staving off liver inflammation can be easy as including bitter greens into your daily nutrition. Eat your veggies, they really are good for you

You should post some links to support this.

Even though the greens are not digesting? and not releasing any quantifiable nutrients? I don't have 4 stomachs like a cow to digest stuff like that. Have you ever ate corn, how much nutrition do you think you are absorbing from undigested corn pieces, same goes for greens unless you chew the hell out of it or blend/juice

Also "cleansing" from what exactly?

Fasting around 24h every once in a while is good and gives your digestive system a break and after the fast I feel like my muscles super compensate and I get a better pump once start eating again

Fasting and a multi day cleanse are very different. The nutrients from many greens carry with the fiber fraction. Just because a small volume is passed does not mean the bolus was undigested nor does it mean you did not benefit from the insolvable fibers which are essential for maintaining long term intentional health.

The only way to fast and clean the system is this:

For 1 Week:

Eat: Fruits and veggies in High quantities 3 times per day.

For example your breakfast would be:
-2 Big oranges
-2 Banana
-2 stalk of brocolli
-Pinneapple
-Watermelon

If you feel you dont have enough energy to go on only Fruits and veggies, add 1/2 Avocado to each meal.

Adding the avocado(Fats) will help feeling full and give you energy, But the fast lose Effeciency when adding the avocado.

Drink Spring water only during the whole week.

No:

-Meat
-Nuts
-Dairy
-Eggs
-Coffee
-Smoking

High intake of tropical fruits along with High intake of veggies and drink Spring water between meal, during the whole week.

No amount of herbs, oil and all that snake oil shit will help you out, The only way to really clean the system is as i described. If you follow it to the letter, you will detox and feel very strong Effects. Acnee may pop out, Blister, Mucus in the nose. But keep doing it and trust me it will be night and day after the week.

This is the best way to really clean the system.

Last edited:
I try to eat as clean as possible. Even eating out, i try to go as clean.

I'll ask the restaurant to customise my food.

For example, i'll asked for less oil or less carbs and to separate the sauce.

You should post some links to support this.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282769.php
Why Bitter Foods Are Good For The Body, and How You Can Learn to Enjoy Them | One Green Planet
What Does The Liver Do?

With the liver performing over 500 functions and being tied to every system in the body, keeping it in optimal health is essential. Something as simple as including bitter greens in the diet (more greens of any variety in general) daily is a simple way to enhance and support this task.

Last edited:

For 1 Week:

Eat: Fruits and veggies in High quantities 3 times per day.

For example your breakfast would be:
-2 Big oranges
-2 Banana
-2 stalk of brocolli
-Pinneapple
-Watermelon

If you feel you dont have enough energy to go on only Fruits and veggies, add 1/2 Avocado to each meal.

Adding the avocado(Fats) will help feeling full and give you energy, But the fast lose Effeciency when adding the avocado.

Drink Spring water only during the whole week.

No:

-Meat
-Nuts
-Dairy
-Eggs
-Coffee
-Smoking

High intake of tropical fruits along with High intake of veggies and drink Spring water between meal, during the whole week.

No amount of herbs, oil and all that snake oil shit will help you out, The only way to really clean the system is as i described. If you follow it to the letter, you will detox and feel very strong Effects. Acnee may pop out, Blister, Mucus in the nose. But keep doing it and trust me it will be night and day after the week.

This is the best way to really clean the system.

As Asteelz mentioned, fasting and cleansing are very different, as is supporting daily health with appropriate phytonutrients.
Ive tried cleanses like you mention, and i usually take a break like this once or twice a year. Sometimes if its been a long competition season, ill do more of a juice fast for a few days or so. Great effects for the mind and body, also noted by a couple members above.
For the daily routine, I incorporate a varietyof greens to help offset the lifestyle, and for optimal health

Last edited:

"Clean the system" from what? Createnine? BUN? CO2? Chunks of Chicken? I don't get it.

Will reverse osmosis or distilled water work, or glacier water?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws