over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Currently on cycle, considering TRT

MikeCrisp

Registered
Hey everybody, I was hoping to get some opinions here as I ponder how to come off my cyle and if I should make the jump to TRT. Thank you for reading and hopefully offering some of your experiences.

I'm currently 42 years old. Diet and training are pretty much perfect. I have done 3 cycles in my life, all within the last 2 years. I am preparing for a physique show that is at the end of the month.
Currently I am running Testosterone Propionate at 100mg every other day. I am taking Aromasin at 12.5mg every 3 days and Proviron at 50mg every day. I am also taking 50mg of Anavar every day for the last 4 weeks and plan on staying on that for 4 more weeks. I switched to the Propionate 11 weeks ago on July 23rd from Sustanon that I was on since May 14th. When I was on the Sustanon I was taking 125mg twice per week. Since switching to strict EOD dosing of the Test Prop and settling on the 12.5mg Aromasin dose I have been feeling fantastic. Very smooth mood, high sex drive, amazing mindset, confidence and awesome gym performance. My balls have not gotten smaller at all. Being I have been on cycle for a pretty long period of time, coming up on 21 weeks now, I was planning on staying on till after my show and then either come off or run a TRT dose.

The reason I was considering TRT dosing was because I believe I suffer from low T. My last blood test was done on January 2nd of 2017 and was 212 Total and 58.7 Free. Estrogen was 84.5. I have seen 2 doctors and both said it's a bit low, but still in range so not to do TRT. I obviously don't agree with that being the range is so large and I'm at the very bottom. I don't have a baseline for when I was younger tho unfortunately. As far as symptoms, I definitely had them. Some depression, low sex drive, lack of motivation, emotional, etc. I'm getting a new blood test done next week which I'm assuming will show much higher levels, since I'm on cycle and I feel better than I have ever felt right now.

In conclusion, I'm a bit worried to come off cycle and feel the way I felt in the past. It was not a pleasant experience. I have been watching a lot of videos on TRT and it sounds like I'd be a great candidate for it. I don't want to have any more kids. I don't mind injecting myself for the rest of my life either. Not sure if I was gonna do anymore cycles in the future, but the thought of being able to cruise and blast also sounds appealing to me. Honestly, I don't think I have ever recovered properly from my first two cycles in conjunction with my age over 40.

So, any suggestions on how I should proceed here? I have successfully used a good source from our sponsor list, so no issues attaining the Testosterone for me. Since it seems doctors don't want to put me on TRT, I was thinking I should just go it on my own like many people here. Plus I read somewhere that doctors prescribe Test Cyp and that isn't the ideal Testosterone to use. Not sure if that's true or not tho. Kinda like this Test Prop, but I'm assuming because of the short half life it isn't the best for TRT? I don't mind frequent injections. I rather that then dealing with level spikes and drops. So anyway, what do you guys think?

Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited:
At 42 y/o having a total test of 212, you will never fully recover to a healthy level especially coming of a cycle. It is trt time for you. Do it responsibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 42 y/o having a total test of 212, you will never fully recover to a healthy level especially coming of a cycle. It is trt time for you. Do it responsibly

Thank you for the response. Define responsibly? If I'm currently on 350mg of test per week on my cycle, what would be a good starting point for the TRT? When I come off the cycle in a few weeks, do I just go right into the lower TRT dose? Should I continue on with the AI dose I'm currently on of 12.5mg every 3 days or should I lower that dose as well? If I'm showing no signs of testicular atrophy should I not add in any HCG yet? Since I'm on the Test Prop right now, should I stay with that every other day, but just at the reduced dose or is it better to switch to a longer ester test for TRT?

thanks so much!

Responsibly I mean don't be the guy on 400mg/wk calling it trt. That doesn't sound like the case for you. Dose of test and ai, if ai is even needed is dependent on the person. Many factors like how fast your body breaks down test, body fat levels can be factor in how much you aromatize, how much if an ai is needed. I don't see any difference between using prop or cyp besides maybe more shots. Personally I use cyp twice a week at 200mg and don't need any ai, but only blood work is only way to tell if that is the case for you

Responsibly I mean don't be the guy on 400mg/wk calling it trt. That doesn't sound like the case for you. Dose of test and ai, if ai is even needed is dependent on the person. Many factors like how fast your body breaks down test, body fat levels can be factor in how much you aromatize, how much if an ai is needed. I don't see any difference between using prop or cyp besides maybe more shots. Personally I use cyp twice a week at 200mg and don't need any ai, but only blood work is only way to tell if that is the case for you

Cool. yeah, I like to be conservative. 50mg of prop every other day would be about 175mg per week. Maybe I'll step down to that.

Hey everybody, I was hoping to get some opinions here as I ponder how to come off my cyle and if I should make the jump to TRT. Thank you for reading and hopefully offering some of your experiences.

I'm currently 42 years old. Diet and training are pretty much perfect. I have done 3 cycles in my life, all within the last 2 years. I am preparing for a physique show that is at the end of the month.
Currently I am running Testosterone Propionate at 100mg every other day. I am taking Aromasin at 12.5mg every 3 days and Proviron at 50mg every day. I am also taking 50mg of Anavar every day for the last 4 weeks and plan on staying on that for 4 more weeks. I switched to the Propionate 11 weeks ago on July 23rd from Sustanon that I was on since May 14th. When I was on the Sustanon I was taking 125mg twice per week. Since switching to strict EOD dosing of the Test Prop and settling on the 12.5mg Aromasin dose I have been feeling fantastic. Very smooth mood, high sex drive, amazing mindset, confidence and awesome gym performance. My balls have not gotten smaller at all. Being I have been on cycle for a pretty long period of time, coming up on 21 weeks now, I was planning on staying on till after my show and then either come off or run a TRT dose.

The reason I was considering TRT dosing was because I believe I suffer from low T. My last blood test was done on January 2nd of 2017 and was 212 Total and 58.7 Free. Estrogen was 84.5. I have seen 2 doctors and both said it's a bit low, but still in range so not to do TRT. I obviously don't agree with that being the range is so large and I'm at the very bottom. I don't have a baseline for when I was younger tho unfortunately. As far as symptoms, I definitely had them. Some depression, low sex drive, lack of motivation, emotional, etc. I'm getting a new blood test done next week which I'm assuming will show much higher levels, since I'm on cycle and I feel better than I have ever felt right now.

In conclusion, I'm a bit worried to come off cycle and feel the way I felt in the past. It was not a pleasant experience. I have been watching a lot of videos on TRT and it sounds like I'd be a great candidate for it. I don't want to have any more kids. I don't mind injecting myself for the rest of my life either. Not sure if I was gonna do anymore cycles in the future, but the thought of being able to cruise and blast also sounds appealing to me. Honestly, I don't think I have ever recovered properly from my first two cycles in conjunction with my age over 40.

So, any suggestions on how I should proceed here? I have successfully used a good source from our sponsor list, so no issues attaining the Testosterone for me. Since it seems doctors don't want to put me on TRT, I was thinking I should just go it on my own like many people here. Plus I read somewhere that doctors prescribe Test Cyp and that isn't the ideal Testosterone to use. Not sure if that's true or not tho. Kinda like this Test Prop, but I'm assuming because of the short half life it isn't the best for TRT? I don't mind frequent injections. I rather that then dealing with level spikes and drops. So anyway, what do you guys think?

Thanks so much!!!!

I'm not advocating this, as I took two years research and decision making, but I am about 50 years old and had a natural T level of about 500 and I went on TRT. I figured at my age doing 2-3 short blasts per year, why bother going through PCT and likely end up in the 300's It was coming with 5 years max anyhow. No regrets, although it's been some trial and error to get things fine tuned. Probably still not right where I want to be. But getting close. I got a lot of shit for starting with natural numbers around 500 and with Clomid I could hold 700 plus, but Clomid sucks.

I'm not advocating this, as I took two years research and decision making, but I am about 50 years old and had a natural T level of about 500 and I went on TRT. I figured at my age doing 2-3 short blasts per year, why bother going through PCT and likely end up in the 300's It was coming with 5 years max anyhow. No regrets, although it's been some trial and error to get things fine tuned. Probably still not right where I want to be. But getting close. I got a lot of shit for starting with natural numbers around 500 and with Clomid I could hold 700 plus, but Clomid sucks.

Lol I'm on Dr prescribed trt and at my last blood work my total t was in the 500's(but that is a little low for me. Normally around 700's) so I can kinda see why you got a little crap for starting trt in the 500's at 50 yr old. But to each there own. If that's what you personally wanted to do, who am I to say otherwise.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear