over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the Joe Rogan podcast

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
She is the one behind the Foundyourfitness Facebook page. Unfortunately, she says drinking black coffee or tea means you are no longer fasting. Crappy news for us morning cardio folks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM&feature=share"]Joe Rogan - Time Restricted Eating - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for posting will check this out after work. Have always liked her work

thank you for sharing this nothuman, great listen. I'd never heard of her but played around with intermittent fasting in the past without much success, this explained why. Also the 9hr mark making for improved muscle building and increased cardio output is interesting, worth testing on myself.

Interesting...

All the shredded guys (like NYMUSCLE) who practice the I.F. have a cup of coffee or two during with phenomenal results .

She is the one behind the Foundyourfitness Facebook page. Unfortunately, she says drinking black coffee or tea means you are no longer fasting. Crappy news for us morning cardio folks.

Joe Rogan - Time Restricted Eating - YouTube
To hell with this dumb bitch whoever she is triple fucking gold medalist..blah blah I have no idea neither i wish to know after this. I could not give a shit

black coffee has no calories- FACT

so how is it breaking my fast ?

Its a stimulant used for decades and it wakes you up and gets u going before cardio.

What coffee is insulinogenic now ??

I just got told by a female GP on Monday ," you might want to cut out whey protein its known to cause kidney issues".

Ignorant cunts

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

To hell with this dumb bitch whoever she is triple fucking gold medalist..blah blah I have no idea neither i wish to know after this. I could not give a shit

Its a stimulant used for decades and it wakes you up and gets u going before cardio.

I just got told by a female GP on Monday ," you might want to cut out whey protein its known to cause kidney issues".

Ignorant cunts

She’s incredibly proficient when it comes to science so I’m not going to dismiss anything she says, ever. However, I will keep drinking coffee before fasted cardio and not be a slave to the clock she talks about in the video.

You could always just test your glucose levels for a hint at whats going on

Never heard of her. My only "issue" is the use of Dr. I mean ok yes technically she does have a doctorate degree but in the general sense it is misleading. All of my PhD friends do NOT ever say Dr Michael Smith on anything. They say Michael Smith PhD. People will call me Dr but in my own labeling it would always be GotGame MD.

In the truest sense of the word anything other then water would be "breaking the fast" but the real world applications of black coffee are that not only does not metabolically break the fast but can enhance fat burning. I will keep drinking my black coffee in the morning on my way to gym to do my NON FASTED cardio.

Ignorant cunts

You running tren right now Dev?....lol :D

Pal I am running Irish Beef at the moment.

Do you know how much Tren Pallets goes into this making this sexy beastly steak ??

I mean I have got Tren coming out of my ears mate. Just squatted my guts out all time PB , NO spotter. it felt like fuckin bungee jumping with a thread attached to me! I made it though and now shopping for steak. Its 3:15 am ! yaaa buddy **broken link removed**

Some artificial sweeteners can cause insulin spikes despite having zero calories. I don't think it's unreasonable to think coffee or tea could do the same. Many believe BCAAs cause insulin spikes and shouldn't be used on a fast.

Ignorant cunts

Jesus man! Lower the dose a bit lol

Last edited:
Jesus man! Lower the dose a bit lol
Check this out guys..

you know Dr Jacob Wilson

IG handle is themusclephd

the guy who trained bpak in a lab and he features in generation iron movie too.

He said this live on a Q & A when someone asked hey doc what sort of time off / break you recommend from training ?

and he replied and i am not exaggerating or fucking with you lot here..

He said ..

"I do not recommend 2 week stretch off the gym as you loose gains if you do" !!!!!!

2 weeks off and you loose gain how the hell that works out now lol

I mean when you train hard its a nice break to rest your tendons, joints ,cns and recover from chronic fatigue we put ourselves under right?

Unless he meant if you train like a massive vagina then may be but then if you trained like a pussy you wont have any gains in the first place to loose would you lol and he did not put any excluding criteria neither he said this applies to a beginner or a specific group of subjects. He said that generally as a whole bundling you, me and everyone.

I have no clue what he does in his little lab but in the real world does that happen? you all know the answer fellas.

I will not loose gains ( in size or muscle mass) if i took 2 weeks off , neither majority of the people out there.

Its a wrong thing to say. Misleading to a point where people listening to him will be scared to take 2 weeks off and might run into overtraining as a result. There is always a possibility with this kind of mind set.

i say every six months we should take a minimum of 2 weeks off. total break . mentally and physically. from training from typical eating schedule from supps excluding TRT test.

If you train with intensity and push yourself hard in the gym well your body is going to thank you for it not screw you by dropping gains.

so nobody listen to Dr Jacob please

listen to Dr Dev instead [emoji16]

and yes I also do have a Dr in front of my name. No joke.

Ignorant cunts

D, I love you man but Rhonda Patrick is as legit as they come and incredibly intelligent.

Black coffee does in fact have trace calories, just can be listed as zero because it's less than 5 calories per serving, but that isn't what makes it break your fast.

You kind of answer your own question with mentioning it being a stimulant. The caffeine in coffee will illicit an insulin response which is what breaks your fast. Studies have shown as much as a 40% greater insulin response from caffeinated coffee compared to decaf.

Rhonda Patrick didn't come up with this, the medical community has known this for years and is the reason why some diabetics have to keep an eye out for their caffeine intake (also why diet coke has a caffeine free version).

But to the people who think this will make or break their fat loss if they are practicing IF, it won't make a noticeable difference because it still has no real caloric content. The issue only really arises when people are looking to get the reported health benefits, longevity and mental clarity benefits from IF. If that's the case, you want the digestive system to remain as inactive as possible for extended periods and water should be the only thing consumed.

Long winded but my point is she's right but even she would agree it won't noticeably hinder fat loss.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws