over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with shopping for Grits

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok so i have never had grits in my life. We do not get them in the supermarkets. nobody sell them. only some online shops.

got this one shop where prices are ok..

https://www.bluemountainpeak.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Quaker+Grits

but i can not see the normal grits.

what the hell is this cheese flavour and all that funky stuff ?

i need to cook grits then put some protein powder and stuff in it like we do with oats and eat them.

I just want plain grits no flavor like the ones we see Dextor eating in his videos.

Last edited:
Ok so i have never had grits in my life. We do not get them in the supermarkets. nobody sell them. only some online shops.

got this one shop where prices are ok..

https://www.bluemountainpeak.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Quaker+Grits

but i can not see the normal grits.

what the hell is this cheese flavour and all that funky stuff ?

i need to cook grits then put some protein powder and stuff in it like we do with oats and eat them.

I just want plain grits no flavor like the ones we see Dextor eating in his videos.
Darn, you guys don't have normal grits? Sometimes I forget how spoiled we are with food selection in the states lol.

Amazon has some https://www.amazon.com/Quaker-Insta...?ie=UTF8&qid=1508345630&sr=8-5&keywords=grits

Darn, you guys don't have normal grits? Sometimes I forget how spoiled we are with food selection in the states lol.

Amazon has some https://www.amazon.com/Quaker-Insta...?ie=UTF8&qid=1508345630&sr=8-5&keywords=grits
ok mate so is this what the plain grits are like no flavour added ? how does it taste? can u describe the taste to me ?

also they are amazon America. i cant get them. Amazon uk dont have them.**broken link removed**

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If you can order from amazon. They have single pack Quaker brand I believe with butter flavor. Good way to get you grit beak wet.

Amazon should have some. Look for the plain ones.

Quakers is the brand we have here, and then there's like great value ones you can get at Walmart.

Tbh tho, grits always tasted weird to me. Ronnie ate them with those eggs, but I'd rather do oats most of the time (although grits digest easier).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Amazon should have some. Look for the plain ones.

Quakers is the brand we have here, and then there's like great value ones you can get at Walmart.

Tbh tho, grits always tasted weird to me. Ronnie ate them with those eggs, but I'd rather do oats most of the time (although grits digest easier).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
that was the reason i was looking into them.. easier digestibility to drive cals up. oats i have in meal 1 but dont like oats in preworkout meal cos of fibre content.

ok mate so is this what the plain grits are like no flavour added ? how does it taste? can u describe the taste to me ?

also they are amazon America. i cant get them. Amazon uk dont have them.**broken link removed**

It really tastes like a gritty version of cream of rice. There's very little flavor. Think of corn meal that they put on pizza crust but not as "bitter" I guess lol. I like them with salt and butter, or a dash of syrup sometimes if I want salty/sweet. Also, protein powder does work well, like you mentioned.

grits are a weird consistency to me, if you're not brought up with it, you gotta work to enjoy it. I much prefer oats. If I had to liken them to something, I would say a really bland gritty cream of wheat. Tho it isn't wheat obviously. Takes on the flavor of whatever you put in it. I couldn't get into them with cheese butter and bacon so I doubt protein powders gonna make them enjoyable.

ok guys so if u look at the bottom of that weblink i sent u this one appears to be a plain one right. I m thinking of trying this one.

don't want a cheese or butter flavour cos i want whey isolate to go with it.**broken link removed**

I love grits. I get the plain Quaker Instant Ones where you just add hot water to get the thickness that you like, and go from there.

We have a coffee machine at my gym that dispenses hot water, so I mix them up in a Styrofoam cup, and drink my PW shake as they are cooling down. Then I just eat them straight from the cup and toss it.

I will also eat them sometimes as a prew-orkout meal about 1/2 hour before going to the gym.

Takes less than 5 minutes, and I digest it so much more better than oats. I do use oats in a powder form....but typically later in the day.

ok guys so if u look at the bottom of that weblink i sent u this one appears to be a plain one right. I m thinking of trying this one.

don't want a cheese or butter flavour cos i want whey isolate to go with it.**broken link removed**

Yep this is them

I love grits. I get the plain Quaker Instant Ones where you just add hot water to get the thickness that you like, and go from there.

We have a coffee machine at my gym that dispenses hot water, so I mix them up in a Styrofoam cup, and drink my PW shake as they are cooling down. Then I just eat them straight from the cup and toss it.

I will also eat them sometimes as a prew-orkout meal about 1/2 hour before going to the gym.

Takes less than 5 minutes, and I digest it so much more better than oats. I do use oats in a powder form....but typically later in the day.
thank you for your feedback.

yes i think the ones you describe/cooking method dextor does it like that too.

It's great to know u can have them 30 min before training and they doesnt cause issue while training.

No chance i can have oats in preworkout meal unless i give like 2 hours to digest.

I do plain rice Krispies with whey and bananas may be little nut butter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Quaker. Rand Cream of rice strawberry flavor single servings are also damn good and would work with your wpi shake

Ok guys i have just ordered 2 packs of these :) lets see how it goes.

How do you cook them microwave ? just like oats I suppose. It says about 5 min.**broken link removed**

My preworkout meal 3 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream mix together and microwave 3 minutes Then 2 package of instant grits 1 cup water microwave 2 minutes mix the eggs & grits together
add in 3/4 cup shredded cheddar.
Here in the US you can get instant grits at Safeway.

Ok guys i have just ordered 2 packs of these :) lets see how it goes.

How do you cook them microwave ? just like oats I suppose. It says about 5 min.**broken link removed**

Microwave works. Will get better texture cooking it on the stove with other ingredients.

The same ingredients that would work well with oats should work good with grits too. I'd add some pumpkin, cinnamon, and honey for some of that good halloween spirit :)

thank you for your feedback.

yes i think the ones you describe/cooking method dextor does it like that too.

It's great to know u can have them 30 min before training and they doesnt cause issue while training.

No chance i can have oats in preworkout meal unless i give like 2 hours to digest.

I do plain rice Krispies with whey and bananas may be little nut butter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app
If you like them, next time try and see if you can get the instant ones and see what you think. I actually like the taste better, and it's less than 30 seconds to prepare. With oats I'm the same way....I do experience some digestive issues and don't feel quite right for a couple of hours.

With the instant grits, I could eat 3-4 packages and workout within 30 minutes with no issues although I typically limit it to 1 pack before and one pack after. Easy way to get about 20 grams of carbs per serving and they just hit the spot so to speak.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Are you feeeelin like some grits? Have you tried Cream of Rice?

I'm one of the few guys who just can't stomach oats. I get bad distention and feel bloated for hours. I've tried gluten free, steel cut, coaches oats, raw, everything....but all with small or no changes in how I feel at all.

Cream of rice and grits I have NO problem with...

(Weirdly, I prefer rice because I can't figure out grits...is it sweet? is it savory? :eek:
I lived in Atlanta for 2 years and allll my buddies gave me a ton of variations but I couldn't take it haha)

Are you feeeelin like some grits? Have you tried Cream of Rice?

I'm one of the few guys who just can't stomach oats. I get bad distention and feel bloated for hours. I've tried gluten free, steel cut, coaches oats, raw, everything....but all with small or no changes in how I feel at all.

Cream of rice and grits I have NO problem with...

(Weirdly, I prefer rice because I can't figure out grits...is it sweet? is it savory? :eek:

I lived in Atlanta for 2 years and allll my buddies gave me a ton of variations but I couldn't take it haha)

Cream of rice, grits and oat bran

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420