over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All you guys hiring prep coachs are wasting money

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
You should be just thinking and figuring it out for yourself like Rich did , this guy is obviously a visionary.
I mean why would anyone listen to a coach that preps pro competitors just because they use information based off of decades of what has been proven to work..!!
(Very heavy sarcasm here)
:D

Someone sent this to me asking what I thought about it saying "you know he makes a bunch of good points"
https://youtu.be/mF_MfWWGeQQ

I mean.. while Rich seemed like a good dude, I don't think too many people took him too seriously when he was alive.

You should be just thinking and figuring it out for yourself like Rich did , this guy is obviously a visionary.
I mean why would anyone listen to a coach that preps pro competitors just because they use information based off of decades of what has been proven to work..!!

Someone sent this to me asking what I thought about it saying "you know he makes a bunch of good points"

Your right why would someone need a trained eye and years of experience?

Of course he knows a lot - he won some regional competitions, and was a guru - Olympia champs and trainers had nothing on this guy :rolleyes:

If only the pro that had a tragic death had a coach to guide him... :rolleyes:

Problem is, most "coaches" don't know what they are doing and their knowledge comes from getting 1st place in a class of 2 competitors at a local show. I can't even tell you how many know-it-all coaches we have here locally that are enlightened after doing one prep themselves.

People that are unable to do research on their own are also the ones that will not be able to find a good coach and will be stuck with a local 20 year old "coach"

Some people lack the self confidence and discipline to take care of business on their own.
I understand needing a coach if you are new to muscle acquisition, dieting, and training principles. I think most people here have incredible bodies from the pictures posted so having a coach seems a bit redundant to me.

Some people lack the self confidence and discipline to take care of business on their own.
I understand needing a coach if you are new to muscle acquisition, dieting, and training principles. I think most people here have incredible bodies from the pictures posted so having a coach seems a bit redundant to me.

What you say is true for the most part IMO. Some people need someone in effect standing over them telling them everything they should do and when to do it. Some might be professionals and too busy at work to find the time to plan it all out and learn how to do so. If they have the money, why not?

You do though see even pros bodybuilders that have trainers, and they must benefit from it otherwise they wouldn't be spending the cash. Pros don't make a lot of money to throw around, at least most don't. So I don't think you can rule out all levels of achievement from needing some advice. Sometimes having a second opinion is golden. These guys may not need the same level of help as others, or they might need even more depending on what is going on.

What you say is true for the most part IMO. Some people need someone in effect standing over them telling them everything they should do and when to do it. Some might be professionals and too busy at work to find the time to plan it all out and learn how to do so. If they have the money, why not?

You do though see even pros bodybuilders that have trainers, and they must benefit from it otherwise they wouldn't be spending the cash. Pros don't make a lot of money to throw around, at least most don't. So I don't think you can rule out all levels of achievement from needing some advice. Sometimes having a second opinion is golden. These guys may not need the same level of help as others, or they might need even more depending on what is going on.

Most big pro's won't pay their trainers. Now small time pro's are a different thing. Most big pro's have trainers emailing them hoping they will hire them as a coach. Obviously it's not always that way and many trainers have great reputations so pro's want to work with them and they will pay for it. Sometimes there is an agreement of promotion involved though. That pro could get that trainer 50 new clients in a week if he posts on social media he is getting trained by him. I guess it all depends upon the coachs reputation to begin with if people pay and don't.

It's all common sense to me. Some people need coaches and others don't. If you have the money then why not. Although most just need to use some discipline and common sense. Now for people who compete it's completely different. But for guys doing this for fun I don't see the need in having a coach. For competitors with all the stress and second guessing a coach could be a great thing and the fact most have them shows their value to most people.

Rich was a very smart marketing guy. That's about it. No one really trusted him on his thoughts of anything else.

And switching to coaching, everyone to go listen to the latest Advices Radio interviewing Matt Jansen. He goes into good detail about how he coaches and how other prep guys handle it. He basically broke it down by saying that most elite pros can get by doing anythinngggg....but they hire the top prep guys as a second pair of eyes and a confidante. Someone to take the guess work out of u. He said he did this exact thing with Dallas and Josh. Obviously some guys come to big name prep coaches and really want to change their diet macros or have used different carb up methods, but the majority of these guys are freaks and just need to peak correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich was a very smart marketing guy. That's about it. No one really trusted him on his thoughts of anything else.

And switching to coaching, everyone to go listen to the latest Advices Radio interviewing Matt Jansen. He goes into good detail about how he coaches and how other prep guys handle it. He basically broke it down by saying that most elite pros can get by doing anythinngggg....but they hire the top prep guys as a second pair of eyes and a confidante. Someone to take the guess work out of u. He said he did this exact thing with Dallas and Josh. Obviously some guys come to big name prep coaches and really want to change their diet macros or have used different carb up methods, but the majority of these guys are freaks and just need to peak correctly.

It's my opinion that anyone that has prepared themselves for a show and then used a good coach they will tell you their condition was better and the prep was easier due to not having to second guess themselves and made poor decisions because what they see in the mirror.
I've seen guys are think they look great and humiliate themselves on stage , and I've seen guys that were coming down great but had the delusion that they were fat and make a bad choice with their diet or train.
I can't count the times I've seen guys totally blow their prep because they decided at the last minute to try a "loading phase" they heard about or use a diuretic with out knowing exactly what it's going to do.
A coach that has been working with you for 16 weeks should have learned your body enough to know how your body will respond to depletion and loading so there is no guess work , a good coach will also know several different approaches and fully understand the biology of why things are done or not. I said a GOOD COACH

just like when ppl get trainers .. one of biggest reason is there's someone to keep them on track when they fall off and motivate them

It's my opinion that anyone that has prepared themselves for a show and then used a good coach they will tell you their condition was better and the prep was easier due to not having to second guess themselves and made poor decisions because what they see in the mirror.
I've seen guys are think they look great and humiliate themselves on stage , and I've seen guys that were coming down great but had the delusion that they were fat and make a bad choice with their diet or train.
I can't count the times I've seen guys totally blow their prep because they decided at the last minute to try a "loading phase" they heard about or use a diuretic with out knowing exactly what it's going to do.
A coach that has been working with you for 16 weeks should have learned your body enough to know how your body will respond to depletion and loading so there is no guess work , a good coach will also know several different approaches and fully understand the biology of why things are done or not. I said a GOOD COACH

**broken link removed**

What could a coach have done better for these 2?

They could eat dog shit and grow. Bad example.

I dont think Markus Ruhl ever had a coach? Never heard of him having one and I remember in a video him saying he did everything himself soooo...

Last edited:
I think some people actually enjoy figuring stuff out for themselves even if it is much less efficient than learning from a coach, the process of discovery is more enjoyable than the end result or winning.

I prefer a combination of both.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner