over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aspirin and Blood Donation

XstarchildX

Banned
Finally found an opening to donate this Saturday! Since my last donation, I have started a baby aspirin every night before bed. I know it states you shouldn't take aspirin 24 hours prior to donation... should I skip the dose the night before? What is the reasoning behind this?

Finally found an opening to donate this Saturday! Since my last donation, I have started a baby aspirin every night before bed. I know it states you shouldn't take aspirin 24 hours prior to donation... should I skip the dose the night before? What is the reasoning behind this?

They prefer that you don't take any ASA due to lack of clotting post draw after the harpoon (needle) is removed.

I personally have never had any issues with prolonged bleed time after a phlebotomy. I, as well take an 81mg ASA nightly.

Last edited:
They prefer that you don't take any ASA due to lack of clotting post draw after the harpoon (needle) is removed.

I personally have never had any issues with prolonged bleed time after a phlebotomy. I, as well take an 81mg ASA nightly.
Perfect answer, Stewie. Thanks!

I should make a disclaimer.

Our hematological physiology may differ quite drastically. I'll leave it up to you if choose to take an ASA the night prior. I don't want to lead you, or anyone else in the wrong direction as you may experience a bit of prolonged bleed time. If you choose to take it and If this does occur, do the obvious, just keep constant pressure on it.

This is the one aspect of my TRT training etc that I freaking hate. I'm fine with the TRT needles, pining for my HGH and HCG, but the idea of a big ass scary needle and dropping a pint of blood, just sucks ass. Every two months too. I never get used to it. Hate that big fucking needle popping into you vein and feeling it in there while you watch blood run from your body. LOL.

I have never had any prolonged bleeding issues taking 81mg aspirin the night prior to a donation.

I've taken aspirin just a few hours before a donation. Still alive.

I don’t take aspirin, but after every donation I have to keep my arm wrapped up at least 12 hours... If I unwrap it sooner it starts bleeding..

I don’t take aspirin, but after every donation I have to keep my arm wrapped up at least 12 hours... If I unwrap it sooner it starts bleeding..

lol I take mine off after like 30-45 minutes

Hated giving blood until I had a stroke. Now I'm like "HERE....take this shit!"
Plus always feel great the next day.

High INR, anticoagulant?

Hated giving blood until I had a stroke. Now I'm like "HERE....take this shit!"
Plus always feel great the next day.

How high is your hematocrit and hemoglobin usually?

According to their prick test, my hemoglobin was 18.0 ugh. I've been donating every 8 weeks, and this past one I had to go roughly 12 due to the tragedy here (all blood drives were full). I just don't understand why it keeps elevating despite being on a low dose of test. It's crazy because it never got high until I started iron therapy for anemia (I stopped about 3 or so months ago). Just bizarre. Going to try to get approved for a sleep study.

According to their prick test, my hemoglobin was 18.0 ugh. I've been donating every 8 weeks, and this past one I had to go roughly 12 due to the tragedy here (all blood drives were full). I just don't understand why it keeps elevating despite being on a low dose of test. It's crazy because it never got high until I started iron therapy for anemia (I stopped about 3 or so months ago). Just bizarre. Going to try to get approved for a sleep study.

that's what i was going to suggest. my hematocrit stays around 18+% so i HAVE to donate (and if i run EQ, forget about it lol) but i also have sever obstructive/central sleep apnea and that's also a cause for elevated hematocrit as well.

that's what i was going to suggest. my hematocrit stays around 18+% so i HAVE to donate (and if i run EQ, forget about it lol) but i also have sever obstructive/central sleep apnea and that's also a cause for elevated hematocrit as well.
I'm guessing this is my problem. I ran tren during a bulk a little over a year ago and woke up a few times gasping. Didn't really think TOO much of it, but it certainly makes sense. I'm guessing this is the most likely culprit.

Again, some research is showing that elevated HH isn't necessarily a cause for major concern given everything else is in range (my platelet count is always on the lower side of normal). It's just a mindf*** lol.

Never had issues from taking it or from not taking it prior to a draw. Their primary concern is probably people passing out or dropping their blood pressure too much. Just make sure you are well hydrated, salted up and you should be good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner