over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T ACL surgery

vanya

Registered
Hey guys I wasn't sure where to make a post on the internet but I figured here would be a good place due to alot of us being like minded guys. I am not really into bodybuilding anymore like I was when I was younger but I definitely still lift and am always told how "big" I am etc. I am a very active guy I lift 3x/week, I played soccer in a local league 1-2x a week, and did bjj/striking 3-4x a week. Then in July I was playing soccer and got fouled really bad, a guy came and took out my right knee while i was off of the ball and it buckled in and I collapsed. I couldn't walk for a week or two.

It took me 10 weeks to get an MRI through the VA :mad: but then found out it was a near complete ACL tear. Luckily nothing else is torn in the knee. I finally got in to talk to a surgeon October 25th and they scheduled me for surgery Dec. 7. He is going to cut from my patella tendon to reconstruct the ACL.

I guess I am just looking for other people's experiences and advice. I currently do not run any high dose gear, I do TRT at 125mg test cyp E5D. They said they will do blood work, EKG, etc for pre-op and was wondering if anyone could elaborate on what all will be done. I have been told it will be painful after the surgery and could be up to 6 months until im recovered.

It has been a total mind fuck going from doing all of the above mentioned things, to not being able to do any of it except go lift light at the gym and not be able to train legs.

If anyone would care to share their surgery experiences or advice or anything I would love to hear it. I am really scared about getting back into sports and martial arts down the road out of fear that I would tear my ACL again. Not to mention the fact that the VA is doing the surgery :(.

Also, I began taking gh at 2.5/iu EOD and 25mg mk-677 on the in between days in the hopes that my after surgery recover will be sped up, but who knows.

Thank you guys in advance

Last edited:
Had the same surgery done almost 25 years ago. My knee and acl are still rock solid. Do what the docs tell you, do your rehab exercises afterwards....and you will be just fine.

3 ACLs surgeries on my right knee.

Simple advice, take it slow. I rushed back for football, didn't tell my MTI in the Air Force when I gave a hell of a jerk and pushed through (only to almost fully tear it later that week) and one freak incident on stairs.

I fully believe if I had taken it slower in rehab and trying to build my strength back up I'd have been far better. You'll get an ACL brace, use the damn thing. My goal was to ween myself off it ASAP because I was thinking I'd get the stabilizer muscles stronger and do it faster without it. Stupid.

That being said I am 29 and it is better now than it has been since I tore it the first time at 18 years of age. I am squatting below parallel and now getting into Olympic lifts, and playing basketball with a McDavid hex knee pad for no other reason than I am just accustomed to wearing something on my knee.

You'll be fine. It's going to suck but check your ego, take your time and the professionals' advice, and you'll recover. Best of luck.

I've had both knees done....

- as stated, take it slow but do NOT slack off on the rehab exercises
- after surgery, they'll have you do drills or a machine to work on fully straightening your leg. Don't skimp on this as because you don't develop the ability to fully straighten your leg, you can develop problems down the road.
- I was told hamstring graft was the way to go when I got it done because it was stronger. However, if you go this route, be prepared for a few weeks of having mini tears in your hamstring every time you over step/stretch.
- The hardest part if you're an athlete is having to relearn how to use that leg and trust it again. But if you do your stuff correctly, you'll be back no problem. Look at all the NFL players who come back. Just be patient.

Last edited:
great advise. ^

i also tore my ACL on right knee playing basketball , i was 27yrs old , took about 6 months for me to be able to run again.

Stopped playing 'contact sports' and now i play Sand and Grass Vball doubles , its pretty fun and safet than soccer or basketball , wich i used to play 3-4 times per week.

Had the same surgery done almost 25 years ago. My knee and acl are still rock solid. Do what the docs tell you, do your rehab exercises afterwards....and you will be just fine.

They can literally do miracles with this surgery these days. I agree with gugalunga,,listen to your doc and follow rehab religiously and your recovery should be very promising.

In a previously life i have reconstructed many ACLs and now i still work with patients after. What specific questions do you still need answered.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws