over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Controlling Blood sugar while taking HGH

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
One on my training partners is currently taking 4iu HGH pre workout and has been for a few months. He told me yesterday that his fasted morning BG level was 118.
I suggested he start taking metformin as all of his meals contain 50-60c carbs but he has read about how the metformin decreases or stops the production of IGF-1 and doesn't want to take anything that might slow his muscle growth.

Someone else mentioned that he should just take 6-8 IU humbling-R every 4 hrs

So I'm asking is the IGF-1 " blunting" effect from the metformin a legitimate concern even though he is taking HGH.???
Would smal doses of insulin help at all

One on my training partners is currently taking 4iu HGH pre workout and has been for a few months. He told me yesterday that his fasted morning BG level was 118.
I suggested he start taking metformin as all of his meals contain 50-60c carbs but he has read about how the metformin decreases or stops the production of IGF-1 and doesn't want to take anything that might slow his muscle growth.

Someone else mentioned that he should just take 6-8 IU humbling-R every 4 hrs

So I'm asking is the IGF-1 " blunting" effect from the metformin a legitimate concern even though he is taking HGH.???
Would smal doses of insulin help at all
Small doses of slin would absolutely help. If he takes his gh pre workout then have him take slin post. Humulog would work prefect and a dose as small as 1 or 2iu would work to restore insulin sensitivity. Don't run slin longer than 6 weeks without taking a break tho

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Small doses of slin would absolutely help. If he takes his gh pre workout then have him take slin post. Humulog would work prefect and a dose as small as 1 or 2iu would work to restore insulin sensitivity. Don't run slin longer than 6 weeks without taking a break tho

I do preworkout hgh and slin post workout but i didn’t know 1-2ius of slin would be enough. I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night hypo off 6ius. I’ll have to try 2ius. Thank you for the info.

I do preworkout hgh and slin post workout but i didn’t know 1-2ius of slin would be enough. I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night hypo off 6ius. I’ll have to try 2ius. Thank you for the info.
What type of slin you running? I assume you lift in the evening?

And yes 2iu is enough to restore sensitivity but if your purpose is to help with growth more is probably better

Novalin R. I eat 3 meals after my workout with 50-60 grams of carbs each but i still go hypo.
I run the same slin. I lift in the morning tho. I take 4iu along with igf pre workout. I then sip on orange juice intra workout to avoid going hypo. I drink a shake with 40-60g of carbs immediately post workout. Then an hour later I eat a meal with another 40g of carbs.
6 hours after my first slin shot I shoot another 4iu. This is usually around 1pm. So by the time it's time for bed the slin is out of my system to completely avoid going hypo while sleeping. Hypo while sleeping is very dangerous as you can go into a coma. I also keep sugar candies on me at all times

He can use IGF1-LR3 to help restore insulin sensitivity or DNP. Melanotan II also increases insulin sensitivity. I don’t like metformin for the same reason as him.

JJ- have you played around with for Melanotan II dosages for this purpose? I did a little searching in the past but was not able to come across any doing schemes.

JJ- have you played around with for Melanotan II dosages for this purpose? I did a little searching in the past but was not able to come across any doing schemes.

No. It’s in the literature. I’m not sure on dosing.

How about diet for a few weeks/eat less, best way to restore insulin sensitivity

The melanocortin agonist melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity in OLETF rats.
Banno R, et al. Peptides. 2004.
Show full citation
Abstract
Effects of peripheral administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin agonist, on insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance were examined in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) rats. Subcutaneous administration of MTII with osmotic mini-pumps decreased food intake and body weight in OLETF rats. MTII group showed more sensitivity to insulin compared with that allowed to eat ad libitum or pair-fed group in insulin tolerance tests on day 9. MTII group also showed significantly lower glucose values than ad libitum group in glucose tolerance tests on days 11 and 23. Thus, MTII increased insulin sensitivity and improved glucose tolerance in OLETF rats.

in Gym rats too 🐀

MT2 small doses works great dose it EOD 100-200mcg. It blunts hunger, helps insulin sensitivity, etc

You could do a "re-set" 2 weeks

Lift EOD. Pin IGF LR3 on lift days, but still keep carbs kinda low (100-125g)
Off days pin 100mcg MT2 morning and maybe 75-100mg afternoon. Strictly protein and veggies, fasted cardio, etc. I can easily
Fast 16-18 hours pinning MT2

Novalin R. I eat 3 meals after my workout with 50-60 grams of carbs each but i still go hypo.

I've been taking 200mcg hexarelin with 2iu HGH 30 min pre workout followed by 12iu Novolin-R (shot IM) sip my intra shake which has 50g HBCD , and hr and half to hr and forty-five minutes later start sipping my shake that 75g Protein , 50g HBCD an HR and half after the shake I eat dinner that is 60-70g Protein , 15-20g Fat and 50g carbs from sweet potatoes.
Haven't had anything close to hypo yet and was planning to bump up to 15iu. I think that shooting it IM helps speed things along and bring it back closer to the Humulin-R lifespan.

I've been taking 200mcg hexarelin with 2iu HGH 30 min pre workout followed by 12iu Novolin-R (shot IM) sip my intra shake which has 50g HBCD , and hr and half to hr and forty-five minutes later start sipping my shake that 75g Protein , 50g HBCD an HR and half after the shake I eat dinner that is 60-70g Protein , 15-20g Fat and 50g carbs from sweet potatoes.
Haven't had anything close to hypo yet and was planning to bump up to 15iu. I think that shooting it IM helps speed things along and bring it back closer to the Humulin-R lifespan.

I’m injectin the slin IM for a shorter half life. I’ve been on a precontest diet for 10 1/2’months so I’m extremely insulin sensitive. I haven’t had a cheat meal since July. :eek:

cut out carbs and blast DNP for 1 week every 2.5 months :headbang:

Didn't seem to blunt their IGF-1.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14983408

Effects of a combination of recombinant human growth hormone with metformin on glucose metabolism and body composition in patients with metabolic syndrome.

Abdominal obesity and insulin resistance are central findings in metabolic syndrome. Since treatment with recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) can reduce body fat mass in patients with organic GH deficiency, rhGH therapy may also have favourable effects on patients with metabolic syndrome. However, due to the highly increased risk for type 2 diabetes in these patients, strategies are needed to reduce the antagonistic effect of rhGH against insulin. We conducted a 18-month randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the effect of rhGH in combination with metformin (Met) in patients with metabolic syndrome. 25 obese men (55 +/- 6 years, BMI 33.4 +/- 2.9 kg/m (2)) with mildly elevated fasting plasma glucose (FPG) levels at screening (6.1-8.0 mmol/l) were included. All patients received metformin (850 mg twice daily) either alone or in combination with rhGH (daily dose 9.5 microg/kg body weight). An oGTT was performed at baseline, after 6 weeks, and after 3, 6, 12, and 18 months of therapy. Glucose disposal rate (GDR) was measured by euglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp at 0 and 18 months and body composition was measured by DEXA every 6 months. In the Met + GH group, IGF-I increased from 146 +/- 56 microg/l to 373 +/- 111 microg/l (mean +/- SD) after 3 months and remained stable after that. BMI did not change significantly in either group during the study. Total body fat decreased by -4.3 +/- 5.4 kg in the Met + GH group and by -2.7 +/- 2.9 kg in the Met + Placebo group (differences between the two groups: p = n. s.). Waist circumference decreased in both groups (Met + GH: 118 +/- 8 cm at baseline, 112 +/- 10 cm after 18 months; Met + Placebo: 114 +/- 7 cm vs. 109 +/- 8 cm; differences between the two groups: p = 0.096). In the Met + GH group, FPG increased significantly after 6 months (5.9 +/- 0.7 vs. 6.7 +/- 0.4 mmol/l; p = 0.005), but subsequently decreased to baseline levels (18 months: 5.8 +/- 0.2 mmol/l). FPG remained stable in the Met + Placebo group until 12 months had elapsed, and then slightly decreased (baseline: 6.2 +/- 0.3, 18 months: 5.5 +/- 0.6 mmol/l, p = 0.02). No significant changes were seen in either group regarding glucose and insulin AUC during oGTT or HbA (1c) levels. GDR at 18 months increased by 20 +/- 39% in Met + GH-group and decreased by -11 +/- 25% in the Met + Placebo group (differences between the two groups: p = 0.07). In conclusion, treatment of patients with metabolic syndrome and elevated FPG levels did not cause sustained negative effects on glucose metabolism or insulin sensitivity if given in combination with metformin. However, since our data did not show significant differences between the two treatment groups with respect to body composition or lipid metabolism, future studies including larger numbers of patients will have to clarify whether the positive effects of rhGH on cardiovascular risk factors that have been shown in patients with GH deficiency are also present in patients with metabolic syndrome, and are additive to the effects of metformin.

Last edited:
In my opinion, using insulin to bring down your blood sugar isn't SOLVING the problem, it's just putting a bandaid on it.

A short DNP run can help solve it.
Metformin or Berberine can help solve it.
MT2 or LR3 can help solve it.
Going keto for a couple weeks can help solve it.

All of those options will actuallllly bring your fasted blood glucose down. Slin will just mask it temporarily...no point.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131