2017 "Natural" Mr. Olympia Winner Rob Terry

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kufdRWj4NG4"]2017 "Natural" Mr. Olympia Winner - YouTube[/ame]

How ridiculous. Just shows you what a joke My Natural Olympia is. Now it's very possible he was "natural" when he competed as he downsized loads. They have a rule you can't have used in the last 5 years but surely My Natural Olympia should be natural for life as it's an unfair advantage if you used in the past. Nevertheless in his case he has definitely used in the last 5 years anyway. He was close to 300 pounds and fairly lean when he wrestled. He even has gyno in one of the competiton pics :D Looks like he used then come off in time for testing and competed on nothing and won the entire show.

I think having a competition for natural bodybuilders is a ridiculously stupid concept to begin with.
I wouldn't go to a NASCAR race for only street legal off the LOT compact cars lol

Last edited:
I think having a competition for natural bodybuilders is a ridiculously stupid concept to begin with.
I wouldn't go to a NASCAR race for only street legal off the LOT compact cars lol

I think the concept of natural competitons is only a good thing. Guys attaining the best possible physique by natural means. I can see why many of them think aas is cheating and natural is more pure in a sense. The problem is though natural bodybuilding is a complete joke. Half of the guys are not natural.

Then there is the fact what is natural and what is not. You have so many different supplements these days that can give you an advantage. I remember one natural guy I knew would take 3 times the servings of many "natural" fat burners. when in contest prep. Basically abusing supplements trying to get as much advantage as possible. Some of these guys use sarm's and call themselves natural still. Plus going on what is banned and what isn't is silly too. For a long time some of the best possible orals were all legal to buy. I remember guys would be popping prohormones in my gym and thinking they were natural as it was over the counter :D

2017 "Natural" Mr. Olympia Winner - YouTube

How ridiculous. Just shows you what a joke My Natural Olympia is. Now it's very possible he was "natural" when he competed as he downsized loads. They have a rule you can't have used in the last 5 years but surely My Natural Olympia should be natural for life as it's an unfair advantage if you used in the past. Nevertheless in his case he has definitely used in the last 5 years anyway. He was close to 300 pounds and fairly lean when he wrestled. He even has gyno in one of the competiton pics :D Looks like he used then come off in time for testing and competed on nothing and won the entire show.

i dont feel he had a advantage at all! if you think about it if anyone uses for a period of time and then later in life decides doesnt want to do anymore he really had a disadvantage since his normal test level would probalby be alot less that someone who never used.
would like to see how many would go off totaly and see how they look if they decided to compete after 5yrs off

Last edited:
i dont feel he had a advantage at all! if you think about it if anyone uses for a period of time and then later in life decides doesnt want to do anymore he really had a disadvantage since his normal test level would probalby be alot less that someone who never used.
would like to see how many would go off totaly and see how they look if they decided to compete after 5yrs off
The satellite cell proliferation is permanent even after AAS use is discontinued in an athlete. If then the individual can fully recover his own production of testosterone; he would be at an advantage from an overall growth ceiling standpoint.

But the chances of that happening are well we know [emoji39]...
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The point of this thread is I don't think he has been natural for 5 years. Although I think many will agree even if you have 5 years off it can still be a big advantage. Sure if he never gets his test levels back then it would be hard but many after years of steroids cycles can regain healthy test levels. He could also be on legit trt now.

Guys who got up to 300 pounds and lean using gear going down to trt have a massive advantage to natural guys. Even if they go cold turkey and their test recovers having all that past muscle is still an advantage. Sure you lose most of it and your levels are natural but it can definitely be an advantage. The same goes for guys who load up on igf-1 over the years and create lot's of new cells. If you start training hard even without the hormones your past usage still can help.

The satellite cell proliferation is permanent even after AAS use is discontinued in an athlete. If then the individual can fully recover his own production of testosterone; he would be at an advantage from an overall growth ceiling standpoint.

But the chances of that happening are well we know [emoji39]...
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You beat me to do. Lot's of guys also assume big guys are on for 5-10 years straight but many of them run cycles. I still know loads of guys who run cycles even though to me it is 2 steps forwards and 1 back. Many can still recover just fine but sure they may never be the same again. Even guys on aas for years can regain their natural test. Genetics is the main factor in regaining test levels but past usage can be a big one too. Regardless of all the details him winning My Natural Olympia just doesn't seem right to me.

This is total joke.

Some of the benefits of using drugs are permanent with respect to someone who was a true natural.

He is not a lifetime natural. I like the concept of natural competitions but the fact is that most people are going to try to get every possible edge they can. Pushing the boundaries of what is legal or natural is always going to happen. If it were possible to have the comps highly regulated and truly natural it would be cool. But being that there is no way they could continuously monitor and test for everything to make things "fair" I don't think there can be a truly natural competition.

Then why have a "natural" competition?

Natural is a joke. If u have ever seen him in person u you’ll agree he is a monster. I will say one thing for him he is Big as a hosue but one of the nicest guys I have ever meet in the gym. I had meet rich piana a few times and a total asshole I have seen Marcus Haley too and he was a Dick too but rob was by far the nicest guy u can meet in the gym. Last he told me he was going to school to be a firefighter but eatwhe way good for him for getting a trophy lol

Are they allowed to be on TRT for "natural" contests?

Are they allowed to be on TRT for "natural" contests?

Yes this is a great question! And I'm guessing the testing is urinalysis and not just polygraph? But they would need a blood draw to determine that test levels weren't above what's considered acceptable TRT levels wouldn't they. And that's not economically feasable unless they just do it for the top 3 or something.

You can be on trt as long as you're within the natural range of Test numbers, like UFC

You can be on trt as long as you're within the natural range of Test numbers, like UFC

I knew it would be that way as it makes sense. Any athlete can be on trt in heavily drug tested sports. No wonder why so many bodybuilders cheat. Obviously most wouldn't but there are so many guys out there who don't care about being honest. So even if they were playing it safe they could blast certain drugs a few months out and just cruise on trt into the show. They could even blast certain aas in contest prep. But anyone with a decent physique could go down to 100mg and maintain that relatively well for a few months.

some federations you only have to be clean for a certain amount of years before you compete

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear