over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amoxicillin on cycle

j-radical22

Newbies
Its been Over a month since I started my cycle of test c and eq with adex as my ai and I have a sinus infection/head cold. I was curious about taking amoxicillin while on cycle and how that would react. What are the negatives of doing this?

I would try some netipot before jumping on antibiotics. Amox will tax your liver, destroy your gut flora and it's pretty hard on your teeth.

Also, investigate for food allergies or lactose intolerance, which can be the cause of your sinus infections.

The negatives are that most upper respiratory infections are viral and not bacterial, so you'll be destroying your gut bacteria and contributing to overall antibiotic resistance for no good reason.

...unless a doctor *really* thinks you have it and diagnosed you as such.

I had to do it recently for strep throat. I didn't notice anything different but I made sure to stop taking the amox as soon as I felt better. I know they tell you to run the entire 10 days but I think that's a really bad idea. Then I tripels my probiotic intake after for a week.

I had to do it recently for strep throat. I didn't notice anything different but I made sure to stop taking the amox as soon as I felt better. I know they tell you to run the entire 10 days but I think that's a really bad idea. Then I tripels my probiotic intake after for a week.

And people like you are reason we have bacterial resistant strains such as MRSA, VRE, CRE, etc. What do those silly doctors, pharmacists and epidemiologists know anyway...

I made sure to stop taking the amox as soon as I felt better.

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

And people like you are reason we have bacterial resistant strains such as MRSA, VRE, CRE, etc. What do those silly doctors, pharmacists and epidemiologists know anyway...

Wow, triggered! I’m not trying to destroy my gut bacteria more than I already am with antibiotics. There’s tons of articles online supporting what I say. Doctors tell people to do the full course to be “safe” in case it comes back. I doubt they all know the extend of which they harm gut bacteria. It’s not good to have your head buried in their textbooks all the time.

Its been Over a month since I started my cycle of test c and eq with adex as my ai and I have a sinus infection/head cold. I was curious about taking amoxicillin while on cycle and how that would react. What are the negatives of doing this?

Antibiotics make orals less effective but you’re on all injects so you’ll grow. I do fest muscle injuries while on antibiotics. Anything that poisons the body isn’t going to be beneficial to training heavy and recovering .

Last edited:
Doc said it was bacterial infection not viral. I know antibiotics do nothing for viral infections

. I still haven't taken it but I feel like butthole. Been just crushing water and vitamin C. Hopefully will be gone soon because my workouts suffer.

The negatives are that most upper respiratory infections are viral and not bacterial, so you'll be destroying your gut bacteria and contributing to overall antibiotic resistance for no good reason.

...unless a doctor *really* thinks you have it and diagnosed you as such.

Beat me to it. Best not to self diagnosis and take needless antibiotics

Doc said it was bacterial infection not viral. I know antibiotics do nothing for viral infections

. I still haven't taken it but I feel like butthole. Been just crushing water and vitamin C. Hopefully will be gone soon because my workouts suffer.

If the doctor said it was bacterial, why are you not taking the medication he prescribed? You could seriously complicate things for yourself if the infection doesn't clear.

3-4 doses of 500mg amoxicillin from the fish store always stops an upper resp infection for me. Rather take antibiotic for 1-2 days than be sick for 7-10. Only happens once very 2 years anyways

Last edited:
Wow, triggered! I’m not trying to destroy my gut bacteria more than I already am with antibiotics. There’s tons of articles online supporting what I say. Doctors tell people to do the full course to be “safe” in case it comes back. I doubt they all know the extend of which they harm gut bacteria. It’s not good to have your head buried in their textbooks all the time.

Good point. I bet they never even cover normal intestinal flora in med school. Or any other side effects of prescribed medications! Good thing there's brofessor's like you that know the truth and what's best!

Sorry you got so triggered!

If the doctor said it was bacterial, why are you not taking the medication he prescribed? You could seriously complicate things for yourself if the infection doesn't clear.

I've read these mixed reviews from people. Most say not to take that antibiotics so I was curious as to what you all may think or what you do when u get this kind of thing on cycle. I've taken antibiotics amox/z pack while one cycle and never had issues but I wanted a few others opinions who have knowledge on the subject

I've read these mixed reviews from people. Most say not to take that antibiotics so I was curious as to what you all may think or what you do when u get this kind of thing on cycle. I've taken antibiotics amox/z pack while one cycle and never had issues but I wanted a few others opinions who have knowledge on the subject

The problem is...around 80% of URIs are misdiagnosed as bacterial when they are, in fact, viral.

However...if it is indeed bacterial you need to treat it like any other bacterial infection. Sure, your body might clear it, but if it doesn't you're looking at far worse complications like sepsis.

Typically the distinguishing features are early, short fever (first 1-2 days) for viral with symptom improvement by day 10. Bacterial usually has a later fever that starts a few days after symptoms, with worsening overall symptoms after 10 days.

Ironically, one of the risk factors for bacterial URI is a recent viral infection...so if it's your second time in recent memory it may in fact be bacterial.

There's a LOT of literature out there regarding this, so google is your friend if you really want to scrutinize.

Last edited:
What are the negatives of doing this?

No. There are minor things as stated in the thread, but nothing great. You went to your primary for a reason, they know and have seen more than you. If they gave you a 10 day script, take it.

My understanding as to why Dr.'s say to run the whole course is that the majority of the strain and the weaker ones are killed off first. But the strongest of the bunch are going to take longer. And if yo leave them to reproduce it is that much harder for the next person, which could actually be the original host at some time in the future.Hence the reason that hand sanitizes etc. are not that great as they leave the strongest of the colony alive when you kill off 99.5%.

My understanding as to why Dr.'s say to run the whole course is that the majority of the strain and the weaker ones are killed off first. But the strongest of the bunch are going to take longer. And if yo leave them to reproduce it is that much harder for the next person, which could actually be the original host at some time in the future.Hence the reason that hand sanitizes etc. are not that great as they leave the strongest of the colony alive when you kill off 99.5%.

Makes sense in theory, but...

https://www.theguardian.com/society...st-finish-antibiotics-course-wrong-study-says

'Don't finish the course of antibiotics' - experts turn medical advice on its head

**broken link removed**

Antibiotics: Researchers question 'complete the course' advice - CNN

Of course you can find articles on google saying to complete the course, but I'd rather not severely damage my gut bacteria any more than I already am by using them to begin with. I've done it this way a couple of times without any regrets. And no, you won't contract MRSA or the bubonic plague like the angry guy foolishly stated earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Makes sense in theory, but...

https://www.theguardian.com/society...st-finish-antibiotics-course-wrong-study-says

'Don't finish the course of antibiotics' - experts turn medical advice on its head

**broken link removed**

Antibiotics: Researchers question 'complete the course' advice - CNN

Of course you can find articles on google saying to complete the course, but I'd rather not severely damage my gut bacteria any more than I already am by using them to begin with. I've done it this way a couple of times without any regrets. And no, you won't contract MRSA or the bubonic plague like the angry guy foolishly stated earlier in the thread.

They are teaching shorter courses--for instance, surgery most times just gets a 1x dose of antibiotic immediately prior to surgery and no outpatient ABx.

But the problem is the lag time between changing the way it's done and practicioners (and people) adopting it. ABx dosing and duration has become very specific to the drug and disease now, but many are still stuck in the stone age.

In the case of ACTUAL bacterial URIs, the guidelines now suggest 5 days ABx therapy is as effective as 10 day. For reasons you mentioned (no more effective than 5 day, but more sides coming from longer duration of therapy).

Antibiotic Use in Acute Upper Respiratory Tract Infections - American Family Physician

Last edited:

Dude that a horrible idea to
Stop when u feel better. If it doesn't clear up then you can make strep
Resistant to that antibiotics

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views