over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Healthy fats while on insulin

petegriffin

Registered
I've heard it's a myth that if u eat any type of fat while on insulin it will make u a fat ass lol.. I love eating the John Meadows cream or rice bowl with peanut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup a few times per day and even while running insulin. So am I going to turn into a disgusting fat body?? I can't stay away from peanut butter! lol

More than anything adding dietary fat while the slin is active makes it harder to control FBG, but when you're on a lot plus lantus thats not something to worry.

I wonder about mct oil with insulin present. Mct oil is a medium chain triglyceride that is a saturated fat but breaks down slowly like a complex carbohydrate. Mct oil releases ketones which speed up fat loss and increase hgh release in studies on children.

Modifications of insulin and growth hormone after medium chain triglycerides ingestion (author's transl)].
Valls E, et al. An Esp Pediatr. 1978.
Show full citation
Abstract
Authors determined the variation of glucose, ketone bodies (KB), free fatty acids (FFA), insulin and growth hormone (HGH) in blood produced by the ingestion of 1.5 g./kg. of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) in 10 healthy children between 5 and 11 years. Blood values were determined starting 30 minutes before the MCT ingestion and at 30 minutes intervals until 120 minutes post ingestion and a final determination at 180 minutes. The glucose did not change. The KB were increased (p less than 0.01) from 30 to 120 minutes and the FFA from 90 (p less than 0.01) to 120 minutes (p less than 0.001) after ingestion. Insulin secretion was elevated between 30--90 minutes with a peak value at 60 minutes (p less than 0.001). HGH began to increase at 60 minutes, remaining elevated at the last determination at 180 minutes. The HGH basal value was 0.5 +/- 0.2 ng./ml.; began to increase at 60 minutes and reached the value of 3.9 +/- 1.06 ng./ml. and 4.8 +/- 2.04 ng./ml. at 90 and 120 minutes respectively (p less than 0.001). We do not know the origin of the HGH increase. The changes may explain FFA elevation and other metabolic actions of MCT. The glucose-insulin ratio showed that the hyperinsulinemia was not caused by an increased glucose level.

When I first started using insulin I was hyper-paranoid about taking ANY fats in while the humulin-r was active. I think this resulted in me going hypo more easily as the carbs/protein would be processed really quickly and I would spike/crash because of the insulin active. So I changed things up to a normal meal perhaps a little less fat than normal and then insulin --> intra shake (no fat) ---> post workout meal (normal with high carb/high pro/moderate fat). This helped me not go hypo when the "second wave" of the hum-r hit.

Moral of story, some fats are actually beneficial while on insulin.

I only ever used slin with GH/AAS so guessing that changes things (I don't want to try insulin without GH ever).

Insulin shuttles carbs...not fats

I use to be freaked out with the fat gain on slin. I can say for my self. No I don’t get fat when eating fats on any kind of insulin. Fast. Medium. Super slow. I don’t use slin without Gh either. Can’t say it would matter. Excessive calories can make u fat. My dad was type 1. He ate what ever. Skinny as a rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder about mct oil with insulin present. Mct oil is a medium chain triglyceride that is a saturated fat but breaks down slowly like a complex carbohydrate. Mct oil releases ketones which speed up fat loss and increase hgh release in studies on children.

Modifications of insulin and growth hormone after medium chain triglycerides ingestion (author's transl)].

Valls E, et al. An Esp Pediatr. 1978.

Show full citation

Abstract

Authors determined the variation of glucose, ketone bodies (KB), free fatty acids (FFA), insulin and growth hormone (HGH) in blood produced by the ingestion of 1.5 g./kg. of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) in 10 healthy children between 5 and 11 years. Blood values were determined starting 30 minutes before the MCT ingestion and at 30 minutes intervals until 120 minutes post ingestion and a final determination at 180 minutes. The glucose did not change. The KB were increased (p less than 0.01) from 30 to 120 minutes and the FFA from 90 (p less than 0.01) to 120 minutes (p less than 0.001) after ingestion. Insulin secretion was elevated between 30--90 minutes with a peak value at 60 minutes (p less than 0.001). HGH began to increase at 60 minutes, remaining elevated at the last determination at 180 minutes. The HGH basal value was 0.5 +/- 0.2 ng./ml.; began to increase at 60 minutes and reached the value of 3.9 +/- 1.06 ng./ml. and 4.8 +/- 2.04 ng./ml. at 90 and 120 minutes respectively (p less than 0.001). We do not know the origin of the HGH increase. The changes may explain FFA elevation and other metabolic actions of MCT. The glucose-insulin ratio showed that the hyperinsulinemia was not caused by an increased glucose level.

I use to put it in my pre workout shake. Did slow anything down. Definitely didn’t make me fat.

I've heard it's a myth that if u eat any type of fat while on insulin it will make u a fat ass lol.. I love eating the John Meadows cream or rice bowl with peanut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup a few times per day and even while running insulin. So am I going to turn into a disgusting fat body?? I can't stay away from peanut butter! lol

I’m the basics insulin shuttles all nutrients to be stored.

So it may slightly increase the chance of fat storage or heavily. Fact is there will be fats from previous foods floating around some were chances are which could get stored any way.

However I just think it’s common sense not to be eating fat heavy foods during the onset n peak of fast acting slin. Nothing wrong with some fats tho.

I use mine pre workout n still have fats pwo around 2 hours post jab either from chicken n rice or coconut oil in my cream of rice.

Insulin stores carbs in cells. This includes fat cells. But it does not shuttle fat

But as per the study and man more like it. It does increase fat storage. I.e and increase in the amount of stored fat and an increase in the size of fat cells.

Thus increasing body fat

Insulin stores carbs in cells. This includes fat cells. But it does not shuttle fat

The major effects of insulin on muscle and adipose tissue are: (1) Carbohydrate metabolism: (a) it increases the rate of glucose transport across the cell membrane, (b) it increases the rate of glycolysis by increasing hexokinase and 6-phosphofructokinase activity, (c) it stimulates the rate of glycogen synthesis and decreases the rate of glycogen breakdown. (2) Lipid metabolism: (a) it decreases the rate of lipolysis in adipose tissue and hence lowers the plasma fatty acid level, (b) it stimulates fatty acid and triacylglycerol synthesis in tissues, (c) it increases the uptake of triglycerides from the blood into adipose tissue and muscle, (d) it decreases the rate of fatty acid oxidation in muscle and liver. (3) Protein metabolism: (a) it increases the rate of transport of some amino acids into tissues, (b) it increases the rate of protein synthesis in muscle, adipose tissue, liver, and other tissues, (c) it decreases the rate of protein degradation in muscle (and perhaps other tissues). These insulin effects serve to encourage the synthesis of carbohydrate, fat and protein, therefore, insulin can be considered to be an anabolic hormone.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21864752

But as per the study and man more like it. It does increase fat storage. I.e and increase in the amount of stored fat and an increase in the size of fat cells.

Thus increasing body fat

Yes....but the amount of fat your eating while using insulin isn't a factor....its your total calories that makes you gain fat

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws