YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Little experiment I just did regarding cannabis/heart rate and blood pressure...

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So some of you know a little about me (not super duper active but have talked with a few of you guys personally and on posts so hope some remember me and can take what I say with a little weight)

So with what’s going on with health and I myself being a smoker (strictly top shelf cannabis or extracts with no chemicals or impurities etc) I thought I’d take one for the team and do this experiment for any fellow Bros that also enjoy their smoke.. :eek:

I’ve seen some members on here post about heart health and weed, so here’s the experiment;

27 year old male
180lbs
bf % idk but I have abs and I’m not gona argue lol

Supp: Test E 500mg/wk, NPP 300mg/wk, 4iu ED HGH Blacktop (provider)

Blood pressure and resting heart rate for the past 2-3 days that I’ve been measuring have been consistent 120-127/68-77 and 82-85bpm

I admit I took 1 dab (about .2g wax extract like 5 min before I thought of the experiment :p

Blood pressure/Heart rate before: 131/81 and 91 bpm (took a dab minutes before like I said)

Blood Pressure/Heart Rate (10 seconds at most after I hit I started measuring on the machine, didn’t cough much) After: 135/85 and 96 bpm

Repeated the measurements 3x and all read about the same...

So how much it really effects heart rate I have no idea? 🤷🏻‍♂️

And this is top shelf extract with about 85-90% THC...

I have no idea how flower (bud) itself when smoked that way would effect heart rate either... I may just have to come back after that I experiment later 🤔...

But for now, Maldorf, if you ever want to stop by and try some I got you buddy :p

But in all seriousness would a raise like that effect someone in your position? I know the numbers aren’t bad but you’re actually the one who got me curious lol

The heart rate goes up more than that from one set in the gym. Weed is as safe as it gets for recreational drug use. It’s legal now where i live.

The heart rate goes up more than that from one set in the gym. Weed is as safe as it gets for recreational drug use. It’s legal now where i live.

Been a smoker 10 years and it’s only increased the more independent I got lol

They are finally legalizing medical MJ in my state yet at the same time if you are prescribed it now they want you to forfeit any firearms you own. Its fucked up. You can have all the narcotics prescribed that you want from a doctor and have a gun yet not the Devil's weed.

Well it increased your blood pressure and heart rate. I'm sure if would increase it even more the more you smoked more or diddnt use top shelf.

Former pot head here and will never smoke again even if it becomes legal in my state.

For scientific purposes, could you get ahold of some high CBD bud? This would offset the thc somewhat. I may participate in this actually. I have an extract that is 50% thc and 20% cbd. I just don't have a blood pressure cuff though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For scientific purposes, could you get ahold of some high CBD bud? This would offset the thc somewhat. I may participate in this actually. I have an extract that is 50% thc and 20% cbd. I just don't have a blood pressure cuff though.

This would be great if more people get in on this. Why do you want to see it done with such a high concentration of cbd? Most people are smoking it for the thc. I'm assuming there would be no change in bp or rhr but it would.be cool to see as well.

Just to put things into perspective for some, dabbing is not for rookies. I smoke on the daily, but I'm a light smoker (1-2 hits of med grade indica). If I dabbed, I'd have a panic attack. My HR would be much higher than that lol.

Don’t dab unless you wanna straight feel the heart come out of your chest from 30 minutes of coughing along with sitting in the couch trippin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be great if more people get in on this. Why do you want to see it done with such a high concentration of cbd? Most people are smoking it for the thc. I'm assuming there would be no change in bp or rhr but it would.be cool to see as well.
Well, it produces less of a 'high' and more of a calm and clear-headed feeling. Lots of people say it helps with pain more than the thc does. I don't have a pain problem, so I can't comment on that. I'm trying to stray away from smoking during the week, but if the mood strikes, I'll make sure to check my pulse. :)

In my opinion smoking flower effects cardiovascular system greater than vaping.

But for now, Maldorf, if you ever want to stop by and try some I got you buddy :p

But in all seriousness would a raise like that effect someone in your position? I know the numbers aren’t bad but you’re actually the one who got me curious lol

Well, one thing the research I saw stated that there are two main types of marijuana and it seems to be the sativa that affects heart rate. You would need to find out what you have there, but it sounds like its more the other type. Forget what it is called.

Another problem is that the drug will affect people with heart disease different. Not a chance I would want to take. Believe me though, I smoke my share when I was much younger and enjoyed it then. Even back then whatever I had must have been a lot of sativa because heart rate would get over 100 easy, and before it was in the mid 60s.

There seems to be a much higher variety of weed than I was aware of. What I used was back in the 80s and early 90s, so been about 20 years! Just about everything I used increased my heart rate, friends the same way.

If I was 100% healthy I would probably have some every once in awhile at night time to relax. It wasn't a problem for me when I was younger as far as getting hooked on it. With my health so fragile now I would be a fool to even try it. That is why I brought it up as a possible aggravating factor for Dalllas considering his heart was 3x the norm size when he died from heart disease one way or the other.

Glad you checked out your stuff. See if you can figure out how strong on the sativa end it is because that is what seems to be important.

Yeah., I think it is the sativa that is really high in THC. That's what I always seemed to have back in the 80s/90s. More of a party thing. Ide never heard of the CBD until the Dallas thread. Each is extremely different in effects.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about this stuff on here, but what is an extract? Is that like the resin, we used to call it?Similar to how they make hash?

Your After is: 135/85 and 96 bpm and you say "I know the numbers aren’t bad"... Those numbers are horrible for a 180lb guy at rest!! What have you been smoking? Oh wait :banghead:

To the guys that think smoking weed (or anything) is no big deal, look into what inhaling any smoke from burned carbon does. Hint you breath in CO (carbon monoxide). Look up why that`s bad.

I have a pax 3 that I use to smoke with and it feels cleaner and I can taste the bud better now that it’s all I use. I have a high cbd strain that does wonders for pain and inflammation. THC is actually pretty useless from a medical standpoint.

Its definitely because you used a high thc strain. THC feels good but has bad effects on the body but these effects are neutralized by the very protective CBD. Try it with a higher CBD strain and you should see much different results I do believe. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5470879/

I know we aren't supposed to talk about this stuff on here, but what is an extract? Is that like the resin, we used to call it?Similar to how they make hash?

It’s legal now for recreational use so i thought it would be okay to talk about now just like beer or wine. But i live in liberal hippy-land. Haha
Weed isn’t my thing but friends of my mom use it for chronic pain and it has helped them a lot.

It's a cannabis extract in oil, loaded into a 'cartridge' that fits on the end of a vaporizer 'pen' battery. There is no combustion or smoke, just vapor. Typically, people want these because 1. They pack a punch, often with upwards of 70-80% thc. 2. No harsh smoke. 3. Very little of the classic MJ aroma.

But, the CBD-rich extracts are starting to become more popular for legitimate medicinal reasons. Google 'Charlotte's web cbd' and read the story behind the little girl who is almost seizure-free due to the extract of a cannabis strain bred specifically for cbd and only trace amounts of thc.

Also, believe it or not, indica varieties often have the most THC. There are a variety of different cannabinoids and terpenes that give different strains their unique characteristics. Many of the high cbd, low thc strains are actually sativas. One cannot pick a indica strain and assume it will not make his/her heart race.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity