over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blood pressure high after hard workouts

M@NU

Registered
hey guys,
just a question:
i am measuring my blood pressure in the morning around 30min after i wake up.
Blood pressure and HR are around 127/69/61 (+-5-8 points i would say)
today i did legs and thought why not measure again.
Now the blood pressure and Hr was
153/91/90. This measure was taken 2 1/2 hours post workout.
it seems very high and i am wondering what the reason might be?
additional info:
right now i take yohimbine pre workout in the form of alpha-t2 from PES.
on days i do that, i feel that my blood pressure and hr are elevated for much longer than if i dont take it.
is this possible?
Guess i shold stop the yohimbine pre workout, or what do you think?
thanks guys!

hey guys,

just a question:

i am measuring my blood pressure in the morning around 30min after i wake up.

Blood pressure and HR are around 127/69/61 (+-5-8 points i would say)

today i did legs and thought why not measure again.

Now the blood pressure and Hr was

153/91/90. This measure was taken 2 1/2 hours post workout.

it seems very high and i am wondering what the reason might be?

additional info:

right now i take yohimbine pre workout in the form of alpha-t2 from PES.

on days i do that, i feel that my blood pressure and hr are elevated for much longer than if i dont take it.

is this possible?

Guess i shold stop the yohimbine pre workout, or what do you think?

thanks guys!

Don’t take it for a few days and re asses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite simply, your blood pressure should not be 120/80 even after exercise. This idea sometimes confuses people who are being treated for high blood pressure. But it's important to know that all physical activity increases blood pressure. This is a natural result of increased blood demand from the muscles and a process called autoregulation.

In order to meet the increased blood demand, the heart has to pump faster and harder, pushing a larger volume of blood into the fixed space of the blood vessels. Because arteries cannot expand very much to accommodate this extra blood, the blood pressure will rise.

Quite simply, your blood pressure should not be 120/80 even after exercise. This idea sometimes confuses people who are being treated for high blood pressure. But it's important to know that all physical activity increases blood pressure. This is a natural result of increased blood demand from the muscles and a process called autoregulation.

In order to meet the increased blood demand, the heart has to pump faster and harder, pushing a larger volume of blood into the fixed space of the blood vessels. Because arteries cannot expand very much to accommodate this extra blood, the blood pressure will rise.

Hi Pesty,
thanks for your answer.
so you are saying this is nothing to really worry about?
I always read people saying the numbers for bp and hr should return to baseline within some minutes of excersise.
is this not true?

Yohimbine is likely the source of your issue as it is an alpha-2 blocker. It CRANKS mine bad. Discontinue and see if anything changes...i'd be surprised if it didn't.

Yohimbine is likely the source of your issue as it is an alpha-2 blocker. It CRANKS mine bad. Discontinue and see if anything changes...i'd be surprised if it didn't.

Hello biberhole.
i also think so. What i feel is that the yohimbine is good before LISS cardio but very bad pre workout. is this also your feeling?

Hello biberhole.
i also think so. What i feel is that the yohimbine is good before LISS cardio but very bad pre workout. is this also your feeling?

I just avoid it at all costs because even if I'm doing nothing it makes my BP 30+pts higher on systolic and about 15pts higher for diastolic. I think ephedrine is a much better choice (for me, personally) as it doesn't raise MY BP nearly as much.

Hi Pesty,
thanks for your answer.
so you are saying this is nothing to really worry about?
I always read people saying the numbers for bp and hr should return to baseline within some minutes of excersise.
is this not true?

I'm not Pesty but he does say your bp should not be elevated post workout. I agree with him and my bp is normal post workout as well. It is definitely something you need to monitor and fix. My blood pressure used to do exactly what your describing when I was higher in bodyfat/eating very unhealthy. Mine would get up to 145/75 towards the eveening and heart rate in the low 90's.

Last edited:
I'm not Pesty but he does say your bp should not be elevated post workout. I agree with him and my bp is normal post workout as well. It is definitely something you need to monitor and fix. My blood pressure used to do exactly what your describing when I was higher in bodyfat/eating very unhealthy. Mine would get up to 145/75 towards the eveening and heart rate in the low 90's.

oh i thought he mistyped because he went on saying excersise increases them.
well, i am low bf and cutting atm, so i dont think diet is the issue.
bet it was the yohi pre legs...

oh i thought he mistyped because he went on saying excersise increases them.
well, i am low bf and cutting atm, so i dont think diet is the issue.
bet it was the yohi pre legs...

It could be the Yohimbine but nothing changes my bp when dieting. I could use yoh/ephedrine/caffeine and mine is still good. Is this the first time you've checked bp post workout?if so then just stop yohimbine and go from there. Everyone reacts differently to stimulants so that's the only way of knowing for sure. My issue was 100% diet. I would wake up with bp 120/65 then as I force fed myself (1000 carbs) the bp would rise throughout the day.

It could be the Yohimbine but nothing changes my bp when dieting. I could use yoh/ephedrine/caffeine and mine is still good. Is this the first time you've checked bp post workout?if so then just stop yohimbine and go from there. Everyone reacts differently to stimulants so that's the only way of knowing for sure. My issue was 100% diet. I would wake up with bp 120/65 then as I force fed myself (1000 carbs) the bp would rise throughout the day.

yes, first time post, atleast post a hard workout.
well, i have not eaten until ive taken my bp. i IF and only eat from 18:00-20:30. so this shouldnt be the isse.
i react differently to yohimbine. this is the first time taking the pes supplement and it seems its more dirty than the bulk 3mg yohi hcl caps.
some supps with yohi make me feel cracked ot, others are ok it seems..

yes, first time post, atleast post a hard workout.
well, i have not eaten until ive taken my bp. i IF and only eat from 18:00-20:30. so this shouldnt be the isse.
i react differently to yohimbine. this is the first time taking the pes supplement and it seems its more dirty than the bulk 3mg yohi hcl caps.
some supps with yohi make me feel cracked ot, others are ok it seems..

You should be good to go. I know quite a few people who's blood pressure rises 10+ points just from taking yohimbine.

my experiance

When I schedule blood donations and doctors’ appointments, it is usually
following a workout in the AM and my blood pressure is always lower
when I see them, after a workout.

I first expressed a ‘warning’ that it would be high(er) because I just came
from the gym (still a slight arm pump) but was told by my doctor and the
phlebotomists that that is normal, it should be lower because of vessel
dilation.

So . . . there is the other side of the coin.

i just leave yohi away and remeasure..
maybe ill try alpha yohi, ppl say it has less sides..
thanks all for your opinion

Yep, I was going to say that too. I used to get high bp and my face would get all red and hot from that stuff. It is a known side. I think that is why it is so high so long.

When I schedule blood donations and doctors’ appointments, it is usually
following a workout in the AM and my blood pressure is always lower
when I see them, after a workout.

I first expressed a ‘warning’ that it would be high(er) because I just came
from the gym (still a slight arm pump) but was told by my doctor and the
phlebotomists that that is normal, it should be lower because of vessel
dilation.

So . . . there is the other side of the coin.

Yeah, that long after exercise, even just 45 minutes, your bp should be lower because of vasodilation. Blood vessels dilate to carry more blood faster, bigger pipes! If you were to measure it right after doing a hard heavy set than it would be higher because of the increase in contractile force of the heart and the large increase in blood volume being actively pumped throughout the body. It takes about 30 to 40 min or so to go down. If yours is high after several hours then its probably the yohimbe.

https://www.ptdirect.com/training-d...low-pressure-and-acidity-response-to-exercise

yohimbe

This web page shows it as being clinically used to treat orthostatic hypotension, which is basically getting pressure too low from things like just standing up too quick. Produces dizziness like you might pass out.

**broken link removed**

This web page shows it as being clinically used to treat orthostatic hypotension, which is basically getting pressure too low from things like just standing up too quick. Produces dizziness like you might pass out.

**broken link removed**

Alpha 2 receptor sites:
Individual actions of the α2 receptor include:
Mediates synaptic transmission in pre- and postsynaptic nerve terminals
Decrease release of acetylcholine
Decrease release of norepinephrine
Inhibit norepinephrine system in brain
Inhibition of lipolysis in adipose tissue
Inhibition of insulin release in pancreas
Induction of glucagon release from pancreas
platelet aggregation
Contraction of sphincters of the gastrointestinal tract
Decreased secretion from salivary gland
Relax gastrointestinal tract (presynaptic effect)
Decreased aqueous humor fluid production from the ciliary body

So blocking the site will do the opposite of above.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear