over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using Melanotan II to mediate HGH induced insulin resistance

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Insulin resistance is an ongoing battle for those of us using HGH. Melanotan II has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity and reduce insulin resistance

Central administration of melanocortin agonist increased insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obese rats.
Banno R, et al. FEBS Lett. 2007.
Show full citation
Abstract
In this study, we examined the effects of intracerebroventricular administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin agonist, on insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obese (DIO) rats.
Although MTII treatment significantly decreased food intake and body weight for 10 days, there was no significant difference in body weight between MTII and pair-fed groups. The insulin tolerance test showed that insulin sensitivity was significantly improved in the MTII group compared to the pair-fed group. Furthermore, MTII treatment increased the number of small-sized adipocytes in epididymal white adipose tissues, suggesting that MTII increased insulin sensitivity through action on the white adipose tissues in DIO rats.

Three things:

1) I think you mean 'ameliorate' rather than mediate?

2) When they say the effect on insulin sensitivity (IS) is significant, they probably mean statistically significant. So whether the effect is practically relevant is hard to say without reading the study.

3) Based on this abstract, MT2 increases IS of fat cells rather than muscle cells? That doesn't seem very desirable. Usually when discussing improvements in IS we think of higher glucose uptake in muscle cells (e.g. via GLUT4) or decreased glucose production in the liver.

So if you really are concerned with your IS, stick to the proven methods: Intermittent fasting, low carb days, Metformin, Cinnamon, Taurine, cardio.

Three things:

1) I think you mean 'ameliorate' rather than mediate?

2) When they say the effect on insulin sensitivity (IS) is significant, they probably mean statistically significant. So whether the effect is practically relevant is hard to say without reading the study.

3) Based on this abstract, MT2 increases IS of fat cells rather than muscle cells? That doesn't seem very desirable. Usually when discussing improvements in IS we think of higher glucose uptake in muscle cells (e.g. via GLUT4) or decreased glucose production in the liver.

So if you really are concerned with your IS, stick to the proven methods: Intermittent fasting, low carb days, Metformin, Cinnamon, Taurine, cardio.

No low carb days for me. No international fasting. I’m on a lean bulk.
Metformin made me feel like total shit!
I use taurine Pre and post workout.
I’m using IGF1-LR3 to help insulin sensitivity.
Just looking for more options.

No low carb days for me. No international fasting. I’m on a lean bulk.

Metformin made me feel like total shit!

I use taurine Pre and post workout.

I’m using IGF1-LR3 to help insulin sensitivity.

Just looking for more options.

How is the lr3 working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the lr3 working.

I used it 4 days in a row. Now I’m off from IGF-LR3 for 4 days.
I noticed the fullness was insane for the first 2 days then slightly less on day 3, and less day 4. This makes me think at high doses it’s best to use IGF1-LR3?maybe 1 on, 3 off, or 2 on, 5 off. I use MK-677 every night, and HGH/insulin on non-IGF1 Days. I want to always get that crazy muscle fullness from IGF1 so I’ll play with the protocol until i have my body figured out.

I used it 4 days in a row. Now I’m off from IGF-LR3 for 4 days.

I noticed the fullness was insane for the first 2 days then slightly less on day 3, and less day 4. This makes me think at high doses it’s best to use IGF1-LR3?maybe 1 on, 3 off, or 2 on, 5 off. I use MK-677 every night, and HGH/insulin on non-IGF1 Days. I want to always get that crazy muscle fullness from IGF1 so I’ll play with the protocol until i have my body figured out.

What dose u running it at

What dose u running it at

100mcg twice a day so far. I think I’ll run it on off days. I find IGF1 tightens me up while Meditrope HGH bloats me heavy. I like the heavy bloat on lifting days for strength. I did IGF1 on the weekend and no hgh/slin. My weight was 215Lbs 2 days ago. I did hgh/slin Monday, Tuesday, and today. I weighed 226Lbs today. I think using IGF1-LR3 on off days will keep me growing/keep my insulin sensitivity up.

Last edited:
100mcg twice a day so far. I think I’ll run it on off days. I find IGF1 tightens me up while Meditrope HGH bloats me heavy. I like the heavy bloat on lifting days for strength. I did IGF1 on the weekend and no hgh/slin. My weight was 215Lbs 2 days ago. I did hgh/slin Monday, Tuesday, and today. I weighed 226Lbs today. I think using IGF1-LR3 on off days will keep me growing/keep my insulin sensitivity up.

I’m going to give it a try. I have been fight mine. 10iu Gh 6 days a week. I can keep sensitive. Have to run slin

Intracerebroventricular injections = in spinal fluid.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I take it with meals John, 600 mg berberine HCL. I'm on the MK-677 train and planning on insulin, but not injecting HGH or insulin now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131