over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows/mountaidog programs?

mujeriego

Registered
I've been wanting to purchase a program from John Meadow's site for a while now to do on a gaining phase. But they're a little pricey so I'm wanting to make sure about it. For those who have done one or more of his programs:

Was it completely worth it?

Which one did you do? and what did you think of it?

How were your gains on it etc or any other info or recommendation you have

Thanks in advance

You do realize that you're basically asking if John meadows is competent, correct?

Let me answer that for you. YES. If you don't want to spend the money, that is fine, but don't get on here asking if John's coaching services are "worth it" because quite frankly it is likely offensive to John, as well as anyone who knows him.

Also, asking people what kind of "gains" they made is an irrelevant question, as there are a million and one factors, outside of coaching competence, that determine what kind of gains someone might make. A coach could have the best program in the world, but this doesn't mean that everyone who follows the program trains equally as hard/intelligently, eats as well, sleeps as well, takes the same amount/types of drugs, has the same genetics, etc.

Your question is no different than when someone asks what kind of gains they are gong to get from Dianabol. Questions like this cannot be answered accurately...because no one can possibly know the answer given the sheer number of variables involved.

The bottom line is that you either have confidence in John's abilities, or you don't. If you don't, then why hire him? If you do, then all your questions are meaningless.

You do realize that you're basically asking if John meadows is competent, correct?

Let me answer that for you. YES. If you don't want to spend the money, that is fine, but don't get on here asking if John's coaching services are "worth it" because quite frankly it is likely offensive to John, as well as anyone who knows him.

Also, asking people what kind of "gains" they made is an irrelevant question, as there are a million and one factors, outside of coaching competence, that determine what kind of gains someone might make. A coach could have the best program in the world, but this doesn't mean that everyone who follows the program trains equally as hard/intelligently, eats as well, sleeps as well, takes the same amount/types of drugs, has the same genetics, etc.

Your question is no different than when someone asks what kind of gains they are gong to get from Dianabol. Questions like this cannot be answered accurately...because no one can possibly know the answer given the sheer number of variables involved.

The bottom line is that you either have confidence in John's abilities, or you don't. If you don't, then why hire him? If you do, then all your questions are meaningless.
Apologies if that's the way it came across but no not at all what I'm asking. I know John is more than competent. I wouldn't be asking about him specifically if I didn't think he was, especially when there's so many other people out there that I could have considered. He is my favourite person to listen to, read advice from and watch in the fitness industry by far. So hope he doesn't take offence by it at all. Maybe my wording was stupid by asking if it was worth it.

I'll give a little context so maybe it comes across better. I have never worked with anyone's programs at all or anything. I've been training just in bodybuilding (have a long history in sports however) for 6+ years now and I'd like to think I've come quite a long way I'm not completely advanced but I think I have a reached an intermediate level where I can push on to more advanced now. I've always researched things myself and did my own training, diet etc. So my question was more in a general sense whether people thought following programs etc was worth it as like I said I have never ever worked with anyone so I have no idea what it's like.

I don't see anything wrong with asking what kind of results people got. I think that's a fair question in terms of asking for feedback. You may assume I'm dumb but my critical thinking and comprehension skills are good enough to make that link in knowing all outside factors and knowing that someone else's results won't directly correlate with mine. I was asking for feedback from people, there's nothing wrong with that question.

All I wanted was a little bit of feedback on his programs, that's basically it. I think you took too much out of my post.

Again John if you do read this, no disrespect was intended to you at all. I do think you're brilliant.

Last edited:
I don’t compete by the way, and don’t really plan to ever. So while I love and have a deep passion for this and want to be the best I can. It is tecnichally a hobby for me. So that’s more behind the reasoning of trying to figure out if it is completely worth it for ME and trying to find more information on it from people

His programs are fantastic. I have run 5 of them now. I usually wait until he has a sale running and then you can save some money. He may have a sale over the next couple weeks. You also get access to his site for a month which has a ton of information.

His programs are fantastic. I have run 5 of them now. I usually wait until he has a sale running and then you can save some money. He may have a sale over the next couple weeks. You also get access to his site for a month which has a ton of information.
This.

He will more than likely run a sale for Christmas.

I’ve run 5, doomsday (#13) and creeping death are my favorites

I've run 3 of his programs and I did pick 2 of them up when he ran a sale so they were very affordable....especially for what you get! His programs are VERY detailed. I've run Creeping Death (96 pages) and Mountaindog 2.0 - The Gauntlet (about 175 pages). You can consider them books. I really liked The Gauntlet because of the higher frequency (but less intensity) for bodyparts that you feel need focus. I also ran thru his Program 11 - The Incinerator. Really liked this one too! It was published in Programs That Work from EliteFTS as part of their Make-A-Wish Foundation publications. Anyway, his programs are very detailed and they DO work!

Awesome, thanks for all the feedback. I am kinda kicking myself I missed the Black Friday sale. Hopefully there’s one for Christmas. I see creeping death being recommended quite a bit which is good it’s one that I was looking at.

The other one I was looking at is his newer program the taskmaster that sounds really good too especially as I like higher frequency

I've run 3 of his programs and I did pick 2 of them up when he ran a sale so they were very affordable....especially for what you get! His programs are VERY detailed. I've run Creeping Death (96 pages) and Mountaindog 2.0 - The Gauntlet (about 175 pages). You can consider them books. I really liked The Gauntlet because of the higher frequency (but less intensity) for bodyparts that you feel need focus. I also ran thru his Program 11 - The Incinerator. Really liked this one too! It was published in Programs That Work from EliteFTS as part of their Make-A-Wish Foundation publications. Anyway, his programs are very detailed and they DO work!
Thanks for the detailed post. Is that the main difference between creeping death and the gauntlet?

Creeping death being higher intensity but less frequency and the gauntlet higher frequency but less intensity?

Thanks for the detailed post. Is that the main difference between creeping death and the gauntlet?

Creeping death being higher intensity but less frequency and the gauntlet higher frequency but less intensity?

Here's the description of Creeping Death on page #1 of the program: "There will be no deloading during this program. We will not be waving volume.
Make sure you have a light week or two before starting it, and then also once
you complete it. We can’t completely dismiss periodization. This program is meant to push you to the absolute limit of your ability to tolerate pain, and for you to do things that you did not think was possible. This program will be a 5 day a week program that will place extra emphasis on hams, chest and back."

Creeping Death is traditional Mountaindog-style training. Lots of supersetting and other intensity techniques with increasing volume over the duration of the 12-week program. The volume increases are very well thought-out tho. For example...if he increases chest volume a few sets during a particular day, he'll take a set or two away from somewhere else (typically...but not always). Again, there's a definite method to the madness!

Here's the description of The Gauntlet on page #1 of the program: This program is designed to build on Classic Mountain Dog training, v.1.0 we will call it. I wanted a way to use higher frequency on body parts that need focus without abandoning all the tried and true principles you have been doing with all the previous Mountain Dog programs. We used pump workouts before for a 2nd session, and now we are building a 3rd session for certain bodyparts. The strong areas will get one session a week, and you can rejoice because those sessions are all out bloodbath Mountain Dog 1.0 style.
What we have is a starting point where the areas that get high frequency get the same volume but spread out over more sessions. With more sessions, this means you have to scale back on how hard you are cranking, so the RPE chart becomes extremely important in this program. You have to follow it, and at times, hold back on your intensity. We then slowly and intelligently build on that volume so it doesn’t get out of control. Intensity is also managed so that you can recover properly for each session.

Hope this helps! I truly believe you'll really like either of these 2 programs. John really takes tremendous pride in his program design and you get extremely detailed advice & instruction!

Here's the description of Creeping Death on page #1 of the program: "There will be no deloading during this program. We will not be waving volume.
Make sure you have a light week or two before starting it, and then also once
you complete it. We can’t completely dismiss periodization. This program is meant to push you to the absolute limit of your ability to tolerate pain, and for you to do things that you did not think was possible. This program will be a 5 day a week program that will place extra emphasis on hams, chest and back."

Creeping Death is traditional Mountaindog-style training. Lots of supersetting and other intensity techniques with increasing volume over the duration of the 12-week program. The volume increases are very well thought-out tho. For example...if he increases chest volume a few sets during a particular day, he'll take a set or two away from somewhere else (typically...but not always). Again, there's a definite method to the madness!

Here's the description of The Gauntlet on page #1 of the program: This program is designed to build on Classic Mountain Dog training, v.1.0 we will call it. I wanted a way to use higher frequency on body parts that need focus without abandoning all the tried and true principles you have been doing with all the previous Mountain Dog programs. We used pump workouts before for a 2nd session, and now we are building a 3rd session for certain bodyparts. The strong areas will get one session a week, and you can rejoice because those sessions are all out bloodbath Mountain Dog 1.0 style.
What we have is a starting point where the areas that get high frequency get the same volume but spread out over more sessions. With more sessions, this means you have to scale back on how hard you are cranking, so the RPE chart becomes extremely important in this program. You have to follow it, and at times, hold back on your intensity. We then slowly and intelligently build on that volume so it doesn’t get out of control. Intensity is also managed so that you can recover properly for each session.

Hope this helps! I truly believe you'll really like either of these 2 programs. John really takes tremendous pride in his program design and you get extremely detailed advice & instruction!

Thanks bro, massive help really appreciate it!
I think creeping death will be a good start to get a good feel of John's training methods before moving onto higher frequency programs like the gauntlet etc

I have about 5-6 of the programs. They are kick ass and challenging. But just like any program it’s only as good as the effort and intensity you put into it.

His programs are definitely worth it and its a hobby for 99% of all bodybuilders. Compete or not. You will not regret it.

Last edited:
Like many other things in life, there is the right way and wrong way to do things. A lot of us on here started training many many moons ago and often times did not do it the right way and had to learn many things the hard way. You can't imagine how lucky you (and many others) are to even have a platform to learn from someone like John. Even having access to the free videos that he makes back when I started training would have saved me a lot of injuries, grief, and wasted time doing unnecessary things, let alone having the opportunity the access to his personalized programs for a fee. Just do it...

I've been wanting to purchase a program from John Meadow's site for a while now to do on a gaining phase. But they're a little pricey so I'm wanting to make sure about it. For those who have done one or more of his programs:

Was it completely worth it?

Which one did you do? and what did you think of it?

How were your gains on it etc or any other info or recommendation you have

Thanks in advance

Hey so I have completed creeping death twice and I love it! Currently doing the sentinel and it’s even better.

Gains are great best part is the amount of volume and muscle connection you get highly recommend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I ended up purchasing the taskmaster last week. Very happy with the purchase program looks awesome and very detailed like you guys said. Can’t wait to do it!

Executioner

I'm trying to do the executioner right now, calories are below maintance and using intra workout EAAs and it's destroying me. I've had to cut the volume down, i take off a set of each exercise. I've been doing 5 days a week. Might just drop it to 4x a week.

But the programs are great. I either need more sleep and or more drugs lol.

BUT.....my back has exploded since doing his MD type exercises. Wish I would of bought the programs Years ago

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131