over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Presure - Odd Turn of Events

Jaythomas

Registered
So like most my blood pressure is somewhat elevated by certain compounds on cycle. Never really bad 135/85 kind of stuff, so nothing to be concerned with. However I dropped off cycle except 750 test cyp per week and all of a sudden my bp goes to 155/ 90 and bounces between what use to be my max as listed above and this new max... I just find that to be strange, albiet I am 59 and high bp runs in my family... just never for me. Like some switch got flipped? Anyway wondering if any seniors had the same thing or similar? Thanks!

So like most my blood pressure is somewhat elevated by certain compounds on cycle. Never really bad 135/85 kind of stuff, so nothing to be concerned with. However I dropped off cycle except 750 test cyp per week and all of a sudden my bp goes to 155/ 90 and bounces between what use to be my max as listed above and this new max... I just find that to be strange, albiet I am 59 and high bp runs in my family... just never for me. Like some switch got flipped? Anyway wondering if any seniors had the same thing or similar? Thanks!

You actually cut down your cycle and your BP went up? Am I reading that right?

You're 59yo, you dropped-off cycle and now you're on only on 750mg of Test Cyp.? :D
Are you using an AI? How's the blood work looking? Higher Est can elevate BP just as much as androgens.
I am not saying 59 is old by any means, but go forth cautiously my friend. Us guys over 50 are dropping like flies of late.

You're 59yo, you dropped-off cycle and now you're on only on 750mg of Test Cyp.? :D
Are you using an AI? How's the blood work looking? Higher Est can elevate BP just as much as androgens.
I am not saying 59 is old by any means, but go forth cautiously my friend. Us guys over 50 are dropping like flies of late.

Yes 750 test as a cruise. Blood work all good. Echocardiagram good, on minor valve leakage, prob congenital. No real health issues. Just now bp decided to go up? Getting back on the cardio tomorrow that will help. Next blast may have to watch it very closely? Never, never had this problem....

Want to go the the nationals at 60. Classic.

You're "cruising" in 750mg test? What in the actual fuck... at 59yo? IMO, pure stupidity.

I'll be honest here. I am blasting on 15mg test cyp, 15 mg mast prop and 12.5mg proviron daily and feeling jacked :cool:

Pretty stout cruise dose.

What's a blast dose look like for you?

750mg test is way too high for 59 yo. If heart disease runs in your family you should definitely rethink things.

Get down to TRT, control estrogen, etc and see where your blood pressure is then. Also make sure to get in some low intensity cardio.

Even BP readings at the top of the normal range are far less then healthy levels. The government and insurance companies don't care about such things as it would cost them both more money to deal with.Just as Test levels in the 300's can be normal but far less then healthy.

Damn - 750mg was what I deemed a perfect mass building dose,

-FF

Damn - 750mg was what I deemed a perfect mass building dose,

-FF

That is a good dosage for mass gains but at age 59 you have to be careful of pushing the envelope. I'm thinking that 100-125mg per week would be more of an ideal range for TRT and if you wanted to ramp it up once in awhile for a few weeks no more than 250mg per week.

Thanks guys! But I'll keep my cruise. Been on it for 24 years now. Can't find any significant data from reviewed studies that say the level is it too high. I have regular heart check ups and my cardio is well satisfied with my conditon. I attribute some of my fortune to the use of trimezadine for heart protection. That I do find data for to verify effect. I will play with the bp and see if it can be controled with out meds....

Thanks guys! But I'll keep my cruise. Been on it for 24 years now. Can't find any significant data from reviewed studies that say the level is it too high. I have regular heart check ups and my cardio is well satisfied with my conditon. I attribute some of my fortune to the use of trimezadine for heart protection. That I do find data for to verify effect. I will play with the bp and see if it can be controled with out meds....

Have you ever had a Cardiac CT for your calcium score done? If not, then you don't really know the health of your heart.

Do you think that 750/week Test is really "necessary" for your body, mind, training goals, etc? IMO it seems like it might be more "mental" for you than anything else. Your physique in you avatar looks excellent for your age but 750/week Test "cruise" is more for someone in the 275-300+ lb range.

I'm 53 and I had a similar thing to me, I had to change my cruise from 650 to 450 and My BP it took about a couple of weeks and everything it good now. Sometimes your body just changes for no reason. I'm currently cruising at 200.

Have you ever had a Cardiac CT for your calcium score done? If not, then you don't really know the health of your heart.

I am pretty certain that my cardiolgist at a top rated usa cardio hospital is keeping a pretty good look at my heart. Last testing was about 4 k and included an echo with saline injection for definitive testing of my heart and valves.... but who knows he my not know about this new test? Ill ask...

Individual effects of hormones are just that individual. My bp has been the same for over a decade over various cycles, blast and cruise, just in one month it changed. No one seems to think that is strange? Just too much test... but that never changed, so ?

CT calcium scoring has been around for quite awhile.

Curious, how much omega 3 and 6 are you taking in daily?

The reason why I ask. One of the primary culprits for androgen induced hypertension is mainly regulated by this funky little metabolite of omega 6 fatty acids--- 20-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid.

What the underlying mechanism behind the shift in your BP may stimming from, that would be very difficult to answer.

Nonetheless, you could try upping your intake of omega 3's. As this can help put the breaks on 20-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid synthesis from arachidonic acid.

Or you could momentarily reach for an ARBs or ACEi.

You don't wanna muck up your endothelial cells by uncontrolled HTN.

Last edited:
In your original post, you stated high blood pressure runs in your family, just never for you. Now might be the time it's hitting you.

Like you said, individual effects of hormones are just that, individual. But the body changes over time whether we want it to or not.

Your BP was consistent for many years but all of a sudden has jumped to be much higher - with the new guidelines released in November, those are actually Stage 1 and Stage 2 hypertension numbers.

I'd take that as a sign something with your body has changed and it's not tolerating things like it used to. I'd start getting tests done to figure out what that is.

And I'm genuinely curious - if you're cruising at 750mg testosterone, what is a typical blast / cycle / etc. for you?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws