over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding fats to cream of rice

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I want to make sure this is true what I have read. Cream of rice is high glycemic. Say use 1/4c of cream of rice roughly 36 carbs and 1 tbsp natural pb. It will slow down the absorbation down and be ideal for a pre workout meal?

Not sure why youd want to add fats to a pwo meal... and it depends on what your goal is. Do you need more fats? Are you lean? What are your goals?
Yes, the COR is higher on the glycemic scale, comparable to a white potato... its calorie dense, a single ingredient, easy to digest. If it fits into where youre trying to keep your macros for the day, as a pwo, why add anything?
Negatively, it has been processed and stripped, losing much of the amino acids and fiber. Could try the brown rice COR too.
Maybe as a change from oatmeal for breakfast, try it with some fat here. Best way to find out is to try it...

Adding the fats would slow down the absorption rate. Figuring this would be the best bet on something that is light on your stomach before the gym. Yes I would need to increase my fats. I use a 40/40/20 ratio. When I increase my calories, I will need more fats as well
Current bf got measured at 6.2%. Goal is lean bulk with very little fat. Very slow pace

I prefer almond butter....but yes this works

Why not just use a slower digesting carb??

John Meadows does this in his pre workout bowl.

Cream of rice with almond butter to slow down the insulin spike, and stabilize blood sugar to have sustained energy during training.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Adding the fats would slow down the absorption rate. Figuring this would be the best bet on something that is light on your stomach before the gym. Yes I would need to increase my fats. I use a 40/40/20 ratio. When I increase my calories, I will need more fats as well
Current bf got measured at 6.2%. Goal is lean bulk with very little fat. Very slow pace

can you post a pic of "measured" 6% bodyfat to see what it looks like and how did you measure?

I totally understand the digestive issue part , most people that have issues digesting slower carbs like brown rice , oats and such don't have to much of an issue with potatoes and sweet potato.

I would totally understand adding fats to a very fast carbs like cream of rice or cream of wheat so slow digestion but if you don't adjust for the added fats you will end up being over on your calories. So.if you need to add fat then you need to subtract some of the carbs to make up for it then that throws your macros out of wack.

Now if you added something like sweet potatoes or pineapple you could keep the macros the same and take in calories that actually have some nutrition benefits

I use cream of rice one hour pre workout every day with protein shake and I use on the cream of rice sugar free chocolate syrup and I find good no bloat or nothing and support strong workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you find yourself going hypo during training, add some fats.

Also, depending on how long after you eat your pre meal and start training, this will play a role on if you want to slow down the digestion.

ohhhh....so it must be true....

For breakfast recently after switching to morning shifts I wake up and do 2 scoops of whey isolate a cup of rice and 1 tablespoon grass fed butter. It's quick and tasty around 500 calories and it keeps me full for 3 hours compared to not eating a fat with my breakfast.

I definetly think fats slow down the digestion of a carb. I also think density of the protein and carbohydrate will affect blood sugar.

That's one thing I do like to measure with myself and test out is blood sugar after certain meals and food combinations, I personally think that a little fat will slow down some carbs but there also other variables at play as well when it comes to digestion

For breakfast recently after switching to morning shifts I wake up and do 2 scoops of whey isolate a cup of rice and 1 tablespoon grass fed butter. It's quick and tasty around 500 calories and it keeps me full for 3 hours compared to not eating a fat with my breakfast.

I definetly think fats slow down the digestion of a carb. I also think density of the protein and carbohydrate will affect blood sugar.

That's one thing I do like to measure with myself and test out is blood sugar after certain meals and food combinations, I personally think that a little fat will slow down some carbs but there also other variables at play as well when it comes to digestion

yea and when you guys say...."he did a study on it" is pretty funny....

almost like many of you were actually born yesterday....

THIS SHIT has been known for probably 100 years now....JM does a vid
on it.....so its true...???

lol come now

yea and when you guys say...."he did a study on it" is pretty funny....

almost like many of you were actually born yesterday....

THIS SHIT has been known for probably 100 years now....JM does a vid
on it.....so its true...???

lol come now

Why are you jelly of JM?

Anyway, I think we all know the POINT is some who comes across as intelligent (not just a genetic freak) recommends something while his past recommendations hold merit.

Yes, its been known for 100 years. Bodybuilders who don't go out and read nutrition or research articles find a lot of the information they use from popular bb'ers.

I myself love reading bullshit articles over anatomy, nutrition, ect. I don't think ppl are saying JM 'found out' fats slow down digestion, more so that "Hey JM does this pre workout meal, ill give it a go".

Nawhatimsayin?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity