over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Laparoscopic umbilical hernia surgery

nosnmiveins

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who has has this done? What was recovery like? Doc said it will be done laparoscopically and a mesh put in (he noticed i was a lifter :headbang:). ANy and all info would be great. After 2 years I'm finally getting my repaired...not sure what to expect.

surgeon told me pain after surgery 'shouldn't be bad'

was extremely painful.. and my hernia was tiny.. be prepared to not really be able to move for 3 days..

I'd suggest having Netflix or vidya games available at your bedside, and a mini fridge unless you got someone to take care of you.

I'd also recommend having several empty gallon jugs by your bedside to piss in for the first few days (it's THAT painful to move).

I took a laxative to help me 'move things along', because you REALLY don't want to push or strain to do your 'morning business'. it worked like a charm.

after 2 weeks I was cleared to 'slowly get back into lifting'.. i avoided all standing movements, and all leg and ab movements. i basically just used machines for everything.

i no longer squat or deadlift, because i REALLY don't want to risk having to go through that shit again.

This!!!
My 1st and only surgery...Botched!
If I ever see that Dr. Again.....POW, right in the Kisser!
(did not want to sound like a Tuff Guy)..lol

Keep it coming guys. I know there are horror stories, but I know some aren't so bad. Either way I know it won't compare to when I had a foot of my intestines removed :D

The worst from what I remember was trying to go from a laying position to ANY OTHER POSITION lol. Rolling out of bed became a very crafted skill :eek:

Mine was pretty cut and dry easy. Pain for 2-3 days. I was good 7 days later. Walking on the treadmill, ect.

Deff have the laxatives on hand. I took mine before the surgery. Worst case scenario i shit on the nurses.

Mine is not ready for repair yet but I was thinking of traveling out to his guy in OH when it is time. He did Phil Heath's last fall. Much faster recovery.

**broken link removed**

Had mine done in 2010. The pain was brutal when I woke up, it was considered an outpatient procedure. I needed a lot of pain meds after I woke up just to discharge home. Then I got to the pharmacy and got some Vicodin. That allowed me to make it up the stairs to bedroom. Def. get laxatives if your going to take pain meds. I was up and walking by about day 3. I was cleared to get back into the gym after 6 weeks, but I took an additional 2 weeks off after.

Had mine done it was small but the pain was bad for about 4 days it hurt to stand straight up was staying bent over for a while. Was back in the gym walking on the treadmill on day 4 and using machines for work outs using light weights.

I had my gallbladder removed not too long ago and they found the umbilical hernia while in there so they only stitched it. Man the first 3 days were the absolute worst. I’m not big on painkillers these days but damn I took them. I’m talking it hurt to even breathe. You’ll feel better in under 6 weeks but that’s about the recovery time and I’d wait it out. Unfortunately for me I’m sure I’ll be back for the mesh at some point in the future.

They said they put in 26 Tabs into my abdominal wall...Not sure what a Tab is...A Revit!
F''n" locked up solid for days to were you could not even clear your thought!
One night I got the Hiccups! Good thing I don't own A Gun yet...
Ended up with a Hematoma for a month as well.
And I still have a partial Outie!!!!

Last edited:
They said they put in 26 Tabs into my abdominal wall...Not sure what a Tab is...A Revit!

F''n" locked up solid for days to were you could not even clear your thought!

One night I got the Hiccups! Good thing I don't own A Gun yet...

Ended up with a Hematoma for a month as well.

And I still have a partial Outie!!!!

I just had the hiccups for 6 god damn days!! Holy shit i was going crazy. Doc was ready to prescribe me thorazine to stop them. Heading back to my gastro this week. Clearly that can’t be hernia related but you mentioned hiccups and that is fresh in my mind lol.

Had my umbilical hernia surgery in June of last year. Completely painless. No issues at all. Now in 2002 I had bilateral hernia surgery. Had both sides done at once and that was hell. Took me weeks to recover. But umbilical surgery was a walk in the park.

Mine is not ready for repair yet but I was thinking of traveling out to his guy in OH when it is time. He did Phil Heath's last fall. Much faster recovery.

**broken link removed**

Just following up on this. Anyone had their repaired by him or know anyone that's had Dr. Grischkan do their umbilical hernia surgery? I see now that he's also done Ramy's and Fouad's. Mine is getting closer to needing repair and the local surgeons here are all saying 4-6 weeks down time.

I had my last umbilical repair in 1990. It was difficult to stand up straight but that passed quickly. I took 200mg test enan each week and the doctor released me after 4 weeks. He couldn't believe I healed that quick. I started working out at 2 weeks, mainly shrugs, arms, light benches with my feet raised. Absolutely no pressure in the abdominal area. And no overhead work. And look out when you sneeze, you think you're gonna die.

Who has has this done? What was recovery like? Doc said it will be done laparoscopically and a mesh put in (he noticed i was a lifter :headbang:). ANy and all info would be great. After 2 years I'm finally getting my repaired...not sure what to expect.

Recovery is quick and easy if you have a good surgeon. I was told no gym for 30 days but i was doing cardio after 3 days and weights after 9 days. He repaired 4 hernias while he was in there. My belly button stuck out like a finger.
I made sure he knew i was planning to compete in Mr. California in 2 1/2 months so he used a very strong but fine grade of titanium suture and i think he did it without mesh so you can’t see anything. I have seen others who’s surgeon used a heavy grade mesh and larger sutures and you can see the tied off ball of tutanium suture poking through the skin when very lean which looks terrible!

i had laparo done for my inguinal hernia in april 2018.

First day was bad, felt like a dagger sticked into my belly button. Walked like hunchback of notredam.

Was told no lifting for 3mths, but i went back to gym within 1 week. Started lifting heavy again within 2 weeks but Still avoidng any Deadlift or Bent over rows till now.

If i ever need hernia surgery again ill fly to this guy. Apparently you can get back in the gym full go in 2 weeks the way he does it.

If i ever need hernia surgery again ill fly to this guy. Apparently you can get back in the gym full go in 2 weeks the way he does it.

I completed his form online and he did call me back personally but unfortunately I missed him and it went to voicemail. His VM was pretty thorough. He does his procedures on Thurs and you can fly home Friday and he said back to "normal" activities on Sat. Just to be safe, I would most likely start training again sometime the following week. Seems like a better option than the guys that have had it done locally around here where they are out for an extended period of time (4-6 weeks)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131