over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coming off of blood pressure meds

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
I have been on low dose metoprolol for a few years. I never thought I would ever use this type of med yet my BP climbed to about 200/100 with my very last cycle about 3-4 years ago. I want to get off this med as I would rather be on no meds what so ever.

At that point I used metoprolol 25mg and had learned the lessen about getting older and cardio is needed, at least for me. I successfully lowered my BP to normal ranges with normal fluctuations.

I hate going to the doctor and only go when needed yet the PCP has me on constant refill; I don't need to go back for follow ups it just keeps getting prescribed. I did reduce my dose to 12.5mg/night and that has been for about 6 months to a year.

Lately my BP has been relatively well and I want to get off this med. I plan to up cardio as I have taken a small break due to lack of funds...lack of gym membership and it being cold out (running/biking in cold weather sucks).

I have been cutting some pills in quarters. So I pretty much went from using 12.5mg nightly to alternating 12.5mg and 6.25mg every other night. I have done this for one week now.

The thing is I'm prone to anxiety and coming off this shit makes me feel anxious, somewhat dizzy here and there and makes coffee feel much stronger than normal. Basically periods of feeling like shit.

I plan to go to a new PCP eventually as my previous retired...jtlyk. And I do juice and eat beets which works great for BP reduction...again...jtlyk. My current plan is to alternate between these small doses and eventually spend a few weeks at just 6.25mg and then of course come off completely.

Anyone come off blood pressure meds successfully and not need to go back on?

How long did it take for you to feel adjusted and normal again?

Let me know what you think...

LS, no bully pls...

Last edited:
I did it some years ago after a doctor told me I could never come off meds.
Watching my weight, severely cleaning up my diet and avoiding any type of stimulants even caffeine were all key to my success.

Thanks, thats great to hear you defied the doctor's thoughts and did it.

But did you feel like shit coming off? Like a rebound effect. Or didn't you even notice?

Last edited:
Go to a Cardiologist not PCP.

Metoprolol is a shitty BP med. No idea why they have you on it. Dump it and pick up some carditone from amazon. Wean off that if you don’t want to take pills but it’s not a medication per se and great for on cycle BP control.

Eh just come off it cold turkey and see how your BP is. I'd opt for Telmisartan if you want to get back on one.

Yeah I’m borderline and they even told me... stop all stimulates , caffeine, and you’ll be golden. Just can’t do it lol

Yeah I’m borderline and they even told me... stop all stimulates , caffeine, and you’ll be golden. Just can’t do it lol
You could always experiment with beet root powder. Mike036 did some testing with it when coming off of his bp drugs. It's pretty cheap.

I noticed that by adding beets to our nightly "juiced" drink....mine has lowered even more than just taking Carditone alone.

Plus I find it helps me sleep better, and enhances pumps at the gym.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Your dose is so low anyway can't see how much it's really helping. I take 100mg metoprolol. I also take carditone as well. I find carditone is a lot better

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Metoprolol is a shitty BP med. No idea why they have you on it. Dump it and pick up some carditone from amazon. Wean off that if you don’t want to take pills but it’s not a medication per se and great for on cycle BP control.

Metoprolol 25mgs made me feel like shit.

If you've been on a beta blocker for a long time, your beta receptors are likely hypersensitive. Abrupt discontinuation could trigger high blood pressure and heart rate during exertion. Best to taper off.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you've been on a beta blocker for a long time, your beta receptors are likely hypersensitive. Abrupt discontinuation could trigger high blood pressure and heart rate during exertion. Best to taper off.

He can't taper any lower then where he's at

He can't taper any lower then where he's at

Tapering from 25mg to 12.5mg felt like nothing. Going from 12.5mg to 6.25mg is giving me side effects; dizziness, wanting to leap out of my skin, coffee feels like crack. My BP has been mostly stable though. But, I dont feel myself and am dizzy more than I can handle. I definitely feel my beta receptors are hypersensitive. I just dont know how long they take to adjust back to normal.

What im doing now is staying at 12.5mg metoprolol/day and have made an appointment with a new PCP in about week. I will make a plan with him as to how to come off this shit and what to expect. Or even if I should come off it at all. I just hate being on a pharmaceutical.

I came off clonidine hcl in August. I tapered it very slowly. I have no doubt clonidine was causing all my muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries, and killing my strength. I’ll never use a bp Med again.

I came off clonidine hcl in August. I tapered it very slowly. I have no doubt clonidine was causing all my muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries, and killing my strength. I’ll never use a bp Med again.

They don't all have the same effects. I've never had a problem with Telmisartan or Nebivolol, both of which have shown health benefits.

They don't all have the same effects. I've never had a problem with Telmisartan or Nebivolol, both of which have shown health benefits.

True but i got scared straight by losing 75% strength over time and so many injuries. I’m still weak and brittle.

I have had minimal if any side effects while on the medication. Its coming off of it that is effecting me.

Natural, organic, healthy lifestyle. Weight training, cardio, and a super clean diet will get you close to perfect. As we get older we can't half-ass the diet and cardio any more. Get on point.

Thanks, thats great to hear you defied the doctor's thoughts and did it.

But did you feel like shit coming off? Like a rebound effect. Or didn't you even notice?

I tapered off them and don't get any sides or rebound effects. I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey on BP meds.

Are you on metoprolol tartrate or succinate? Tartrate is dosed 2x daily and succinate just 1x daily.

Either way, EOD dosing isn't optimal.

Succinate does have mortality benefits (clinical research evidence) for heart failure patients, FWIW.

What are your reasons for coming off the drug? If it's helping control your BP without sides I see no reason to. Should you decide to come off...you should first up the cardio and control your diet extremely-well beforehand, so you can eliminate any rise in BP due to those variables after.

Good luck...and as others said...go see a cardiologist if you want specific care.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws