over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FDA: “Kratom is an opioid”

Samson250

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
All that’s left is for the DEA to schedule 1 it and that’s all folks. Kratom is doomed. I bought a thousand grams this morning and planning for more before the whole shit house goes up in flames.

I don’t understand this. I don’t understand why they want to do this. The only people who benefit are big pharma pill mongers unless I’m missing something. Frustrating.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/06/health/fda-kratom-opioid-bn/index.html

All that’s left is for the DEA to schedule 1 it and that’s all folks. Kratom is doomed. I bought a thousand grams this morning and planning for more before the whole shit house goes up in flames.

I don’t understand this. I don’t understand why they want to do this. The only people who benefit are big pharma pill mongers unless I’m missing something. Frustrating.

Compounds in herbal supplement kratom are opioids, FDA says - CNN

Read that again.

You know why :eek:

Well, Kratom doesn’t show up on opiate drug tests so it’s not an opiate. The FDA are fucktards!

Yea i saw this on the news today.

I've talked to people who have said Kratom as a life saver for them. I'm thinking some of the bad rap may come from pre capped Kratom that's spiked with other things such as opiates or other pain killers.

probably this..

imagine some dickhead spiking kratom with oxy or some shit

hopefully, it will be legalized and regulated like weed.

Absolutely

The article mentions almost 50 deaths and I was stunned!

I’ve taken it to the limit and far beyond and gotten sick many times when I was getting to know it as a supplement and it feels awe full but once I got sick I was fine again.

It’s not even something that would impair driving and cause an accident

IMO Pre Workout powders have more of an effect on a persons chemistry and nervous system

well it sure felt like a opiate when i took 3.5g of red thai.
maybe not as strong as a oxy or even a norco, but a opiate feeling none the less.
it may not fail a drug test but let’s not kid ourselves. it’s a opiate and hits the same receptors.
to call it not a opiate would be a like calling superdrol or prohornones not a steroid.
do i think kratom should be illegal? hell no. is it even close to as dangerous as pills and heroin? hell no.
it’s a helluva lot better for people with chronic pain than having to go to the doctors every month.
edit to add:
if you take kratom for let’s say 7 days straight at a dose of between 4g to 10g. at the end of those 7 days you most likely will go through withdrawals. hell if i take it more than 2 days i feel a little uneasy the 3rd day, but it’s not like it’s a full blown DT’s.

Last edited:
Absolutely

I’ve taken it to the limit and far beyond and gotten sick many times when I was getting to know it as a supplement and it feels awe full but once I got sick I was fine again.

IMO Pre Workout powders have more of an effect on a persons chemistry and nervous system

What they count as a Kratom death isn’t over dosing. It’s people committing suicide with it in their system which obviously occurred because they were mentally ill.
Sometimes only Kratom shows up in the toxicology report so they blame Kratom for the death which is actually caused by other drugs that aren’t tested for.

I don’t believe Kratom can kill you.

Kratom alone won't kill you because the opioids in it act almost like Subs in the sense that they antagonize each other once you cross a certain dosage. Mixing it with a healthy dose of benzos or alcohol certainly might put you in a permanent dirt nap though. Back in the day they had this shit called Krypton which was Kratom indeed spiked with an actual RC chemical opiate and a few people died off it.

And yeah, it's not an "opiate" since it technically isn't derived from the opium poppy, but the alkaloids in it do bind to u-opioid receptors in the brain so calling it that isn't necessarily wrong either. Wash down a healthy dose every morning for a few months and let me know how awesome you feel when you stop :eek:

I think anything that aids people getting off addiction is beneficial. This whole witch-hunt for the opioid boogeyman is starting to get really ridiculous. I guzzled down a couple grams of Classic Bali once and really wasn't that blown away. It felt like maybe 10mg of Hydrocodone with a bit of a stimulated edge to it. Meh, I'd rather just sniff a cheap stamp of dope.

maybe not as strong as a oxy or even a norco, but a opiate feeling none the less.
it may not fail a drug test but let’s not kid ourselves. it’s a opiate and hits the same receptors.
to call it not a opiate would be a like calling superdrol or prohornones not a steroid.
do i think kratom should be illegal? hell no. is it even close to as dangerous as pills and heroin? hell no.
it’s a helluva lot better for people with chronic pain than having to go to the doctors every month.
edit to add:
if you take kratom for let’s say 7 days straight at a dose of between 4g to 10g. at the end of those 7 days you most likely will go through withdrawals. hell if i take it more than 2 days i feel a little uneasy the 3rd day, but it’s not like it’s a full blown DT’s.

Yep, spot on mostly.

Last edited:
edit to add:

Your right about all this IMO. It definitely and directly hits my opioid receptors and in no way would I dispute it along with withdrawal symptoms. Then again that’s why I like it so much (minus withdrawal)

That’s why I hope this is just the FDA making an official stance to define it but not pushing for scheduling it which now they or the DEA could do with a memo after this announcement.

A chain of local head shops is looking to me to tell them if and when they need to clear the shelves. It’s frightening to think about the people it will effect. We went through this a year or so ago. I have them telling all the regular customers about the FDAs announcement to give them at least a little warning.

For many I know losing Kratom will require them., without insurance., to see a doctor for a suboxone script or seek one of only two methadone clinics in town instead of the dozens of options they have for Kratom at least for today

What they count as a Kratom death isn’t over dosing. It’s people committing suicide with it in their system which obviously occurred because they were mentally ill.
Sometimes only Kratom shows up in the toxicology report so they blame Kratom for the death which is actually caused by other drugs that aren’t tested for.

I don’t believe Kratom can kill you.

That’s a super good point jj and I think your totally right. They have to excluding those other factors

Absolutely

Just curious but how long have you taken kratom? Have you ever stopped it after say 6 solid months of daily usage? I ask as I know a few guys who have struggled with kratom so that's why my opinion has changed on it. I don't think kratom should be banned as I don't think anything should be banned. It's definitely not really bad and the government are obviously doing it for the wrong reasons.

I will say when I used it I took too much (not a lot) one time and there is no way in a millions years I could train. It fucked me up and I have taken many things in my past so it surprised me. I took it pre workout and had to stay at home for a few hours. So whilst caffeine etc has a strong effect on someones nervous system I think kratom is no different.

another nonsense plant that works, helps, and has beats out pharma in certain area's so of course, the feds need to go after it and shut it down. why? because it works. come on guys, this isn't anything new. it's a shame, but we should be surprised.

Just curious but how long have you taken kratom? Have you ever stopped it after say 6 solid months of daily usage? I ask as I know a few guys who have struggled with kratom so that's why my opinion has changed on it. I don't think kratom should be banned as I don't think anything should be banned. It's definitely not really bad and the government are obviously doing it for the wrong reasons.

I will say when I used it I took too much (not a lot) one time and there is no way in a millions years I could train. It fucked me up and I have taken many things in my past so it surprised me. I took it pre workout and had to stay at home for a few hours. So whilst caffeine etc has a strong effect on someones nervous system I think kratom is no different.

I have use kratom since the late 90’s when there were NO kratom vendors. I knew back then that this shit was inevitable. We never talked about it to anyone, but I knew some morons would start openly promoting it and calling it herbal opiate. Krypton wasn’t back in the day - lol - that’s was maybe 6-7 years ago. Although I guess if I was in my 20’s that might feel like back in the day - :eek: !
There used to actually be kratom extracts / tinctures that were stronger than oxy. But the ONLY guy who sold it stopped about 5 years ago. I have seen dozens of others claim that they had the same but no way. His FST and UEI did work too well. I had a hard time stopping - but guess what with plain leaf K it was no problem.
I’ve used kratom DAILY for 15 years at least and a few momnths ago I stopped for a little over a week. Had a little fatigue a few days and had ONE night Where sleep was a little difficult (but I think that was in my head)

What the government is going to do is cause the good vendors to close and the crazy ass extracts will come back because once it’s illegal there will be no reason to try and conform and EVERY reason to try and make a stronger product than the next underground source.
There really are some ignorant / dirty sons of bitches at the FDA.

Elvis - that wasn’t directed st you. Have no clue why I quoted :confused: but too long to retype on phone...

I have quit and wasn’t even thinking about it. Last year I used THC for a short time and literally forgot to use Kratom. There is synergy between them but they are very different. Weed is miles more on the nervous system and just a moderate use of edibles made Kratom a non factor I mean when I used it I didn’t even notice an effect next to THC so I never bothered.

At the moment I use nothing, not even alcohol, and other than nicotine gum Kratom is my only “stimulation” so it’s effect is more prominent in my system.

The article stated kratom has "opioid like effects", which is true if it's binding to same receptors. I prefer not to mess with my brain chemicals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity