YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Crazy question but Trying to be smaller!

2elbows

Registered
Am I the only one here that is actually trying to get smaller? I chat with Dave Paulmbo from time to time and he told me it took him 10 years to lose 80lbs of muscle. I want to lose 30 lbs of muscle and fat. I just picked up some GW to start.
Sounds crazy right?
I am 50 as well so that plays a part.

Am I the only one here that is actually trying to get smaller? I chat with Dave Paulmbo from time to time and he told me it took him 10 years to lose 80lbs of muscle. I want to lose 30 lbs of muscle and fat. I just picked up some GW to start.
Sounds crazy right?

Not crazy at all especially at 50 if you're a huge guy. Lot's of guys lose weight on here all the time. Do you have any pics? It would be good to see to know how much is fat and how much is muscle. Muscle is harder to lose than fat especially if you have carried it for years. But 30 pounds is nothing if it's both and should be easy to do.

A guy called little slice knows this thing that could help you lose 30 pounds rather quickly :eek:

Because some athletes lose weight quickly when they leave the competition while others struggle to lose weight?

Am I the only one here that is actually trying to get smaller? I want to lose 30 lbs of muscle and fat.

Yup....... and ummmmm no ya don't...29lbs of fat and 1lb of muscle I can understand...

Thanks

I thought for a minute why would I ask that and get GTFO on the board.

My deal is I have always been a muscular guy I have had " country boy strength and muscle" since I was 16". Along with a long athletic career as a running back and I competed for 15 years.

Then I had heart surgery at 48. Had a Mitral valve repair. I did real well, doc says my heart ain't gong to kill me something else will.

I am 5'9 used to be 5'10 shrunk a little but 222 lbs. I don't do any gear at all anymore kept most my muscle on through the years with TRT. Hence the GW. I can't touch anything like DNP or other related substances.

My cardio says I am not fat he recognizes this but said it would be better if I dropped some weight.

I did a BF caliper I used them for years and I was around 19% but that is probably low. I think I am around 22%.

I think I am average my 16 year old thinks I am huge. We measured I still have 18.5" arms cold, 16.5" forearms, 18" calfs, 27" upper quads, 50" chest.

I'll pass on the pics for now when I get down to 200lbs I'll post a few. I have been itching to compete again a few years. Maybe a Senior division.

You must be Kidding or delusional.
You competed for 15 yrs and you don't know that if you drop 10% of Fat it is 20lbs.
So at 5'9" at 200 lbs w -10% bf, you would finally be in shape but no were near competition Ready!
Stop listing to 16 yr old kids!

You competed for 15 yrs and you don't know that if you drop 10% of Fat it is 20lbs.
So at 5'9" at 200 lbs w -10% bf, you would finally be in shape but no were near competition Ready!

Coming from the guy that takes a shit and loses 3 lbs and gets upset like he lost actual lean mass.

Sounds crazy right?

Lighter guys live longer. If you are over the size game then it makes sense. You’ll increase you odds of greater longevity and less stress on the heart.
The best way is smaller meals. A lot of guys will tell you intermittent fasting but i find tiny frequent meals keep your metabolism very fast. I would try your best to stick to lean meats and fibrous carbs. Chicken turkey fish and vegetables.
Do cardio everyday.
Drugs aren’t the answer. Just eat less and do daily cardio.

You did not understand the post.

Your comment is dumb, why be a dick meathead. Of course I know that. I am at a different age now days have different needs. I am not even sure what you are getting at. Negative comments are just negative comments. I have no immediate plans to compete at 50 I would be a good 2 years away.

I was just curious if people other than me try and be smaller it's not typical on a "BB Board". Thanks for your reply.

Coming from the guy that takes a shit and loses 3 lbs and gets upset like he lost actual lean mass.

It is more like 8lbs.
I was just 270, 10 days ago. I caught a chest cold and dropped to 261 in a week. Then just did 4 days in Vegas and today weigh 255lbs.
So you tell Me!
Should rebound 5lbs pure today alone in water, but as far as the other 10lbs ???

I thought for a minute why would I ask that and get GTFO on the board.

My deal is I have always been a muscular guy I have had " country boy strength and muscle" since I was 16". Along with a long athletic career as a running back and I competed for 15 years.

Then I had heart surgery at 48. Had a Mitral valve repair. I did real well, doc says my heart ain't gong to kill me something else will.

I am 5'9 used to be 5'10 shrunk a little but 222 lbs. I don't do any gear at all anymore kept most my muscle on through the years with TRT. Hence the GW. I can't touch anything like DNP or other related substances.

My cardio says I am not fat he recognizes this but said it would be better if I dropped some weight.

I did a BF caliper I used them for years and I was around 19% but that is probably low. I think I am around 22%.

I think I am average my 16 year old thinks I am huge. We measured I still have 18.5" arms cold, 16.5" forearms, 18" calfs, 27" upper quads, 50" chest.

I'll pass on the pics for now when I get down to 200lbs I'll post a few. I have been itching to compete again a few years. Maybe a Senior division.

How did they repair your mitral valve and how bad was it pre-op? Just curious.

I think your plan to lose muscle is a healthy approach. You'll just have to be ok with being very hungry sometimes.

Your comment is dumb, why be a dick meathead. Of course I know that. I am at a different age now days have different needs. I am not even sure what you are getting at. Negative comments are just negative comments. I have no immediate plans to compete at 50 I would be a good 2 years away.

I was just curious if people other than me try and be smaller it's not typical on a "BB Board". Thanks for your reply.

Your the one who said you Competed for 15yrs!!!!
Your 20% fat!....Do the Math!
You may want to compete in 2yrs but loose muscle ?
At 6% bf you would loose 30 lbs of Fat and still not be ready to Compete!
Plus sounds like you may loose another inch of height by Then..lol

Sounds crazy right?

10 years to drop 80 lb muscle?!

I have similar goals. I was 5'6" 225lbs lean enough to have some abs and thigh separation taking about 1200-1600mg of test/wk benching 405x2 and squatting 5 plates no belt or anything for a few.

Right now I'm 38 slightly over 200lbs. I do whole body workouts a couple times a week using a lot less gear (80mg test EOD) eating more of a plant based diet. I feel better and I am much more happy with my physique. I can go to walmart and buy a pair of dress pants without getting them sized to fit my legs. I don't have to hold my breath to tie my shoes. I don't measure my food portions etc. Life is a lot easier.

It is more like 8lbs.
I was just 270, 10 days ago. I caught a chest cold and dropped to 261 in a week. Then just did 4 days in Vegas and today weigh 255lbs.
So you tell Me!
Should rebound 5lbs pure today alone in water, but as far as the other 10lbs ???

You can't lose 10 lbs of LBM that fast.

I am working my way down based on my docs advice and have been very diligent since November 11th. Was 230-240 for the past 4-5 years on trt. .
I do an hour of fasted cardio every morning and continue the fast for1-2 hours post cardio. Also started using 500mcg HGH frag pre-cardio.
I'd like to be 205 or less. Meals are small, hungry all the time :D I've recently been as low as 215. Sitting at about 10% bf. Feel like I am on contest prep without all the gear. Truth is, I feel great but usually very hungry. Just turned 51yo a few weeks back.

Is it for health reasons?

If so I understand. Look at Dorian he went from 250 to 230 and now maybe 200? he lost a lot in a short time. He stopped training bc it hurt his shoulder so last time I asked him he only lifts light stuff that doesnt hurt.

here is his answer 15 months ago , and from what ive seen hes smaller now

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GbrZt3gVOg"]Q & A Seminar Dorian Yates Dec 16 - USA Follower Question 2 - YouTube[/ame]

For example Jack Lalane (for the older crowd) had a plan to loose muscle starting at age 40 and loosing 1 lb a year for 20 years so that he would be healthier. and he outlived most people of his generation. Downsizing excessive muscle as you get older is probably very healthy if your ego can handle it. Cut back on the weights, calories and up the aerobics and you should be on your way.

How did they repair your mitral valve and how bad was it pre-op? Just curious.

I think your plan to lose muscle is a healthy approach. You'll just have to be ok with being very hungry sometimes.

I had a minimally invasive mitral valve surgery - right thoracotomy approach. Just a 3 inch incision. Did real well. On the heart and lung machine for 5 hours which is scary to think about.

To concreter I have 12 shows under my belt in my past so it's not like I don't know what I am doing. However being a dense meathead will catch up to you someday. Make good choices young man else pay the consequences. I want to live to 100 not 52.

Love_to_Bodybuild pretty much same reasons as I stated smaller to be healthier to put less strain on the heart. But not any less muscular.

thanks for the feedback everyone.

Last edited:
Here is a video

Here is a video if you are interested.

This is the same kind but not me. Prior to surgery I was told to stop working out because my chest was too big. He was afraid the tools would not reach.

I had mine done at Mayo.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJmp0-o0j0M"]Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair Surgery - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws