over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who's all going to the Classic?

Im a "local," I wont be going but if anyone needs a recommendation for food/hotel/gym/tan/etc let me know

Im a "local," I wont be going but if anyone needs a recommendation for food/hotel/gym/tan/etc let me know

Where are some good gyms around the Columbus area besides the powerhouse that everyone goes to. Also any recommendations of good places to have a nice dinner? Thanks

Where are some good gyms around the Columbus area besides the powerhouse that everyone goes to. Also any recommendations of good places to have a nice dinner? Thanks

Depends on your transportation.

For gyms;

FAR AWAY
Dave Tate's FTS gym is having a special to attract people at the arnold, thats a long drive
There's the Old School Gym which is also a long drive
There's two Life Time's which are a little closer but still a little far
I personally use Next Level Fitness which isnt far but is a 10 minute drive

CLOSER
LA fitness is everywhere
Ohio Strength is legit and an uber away
As you said, that Powerhouse is SUPER close but packed
The Warehouse GYM is expensive but close
The Dogg House ive yet to try but looks promising

For food;

Everything you could want is in the Short North and Brewery District, both are close, you cant really go wrong. Ohio State will be on break so it's really not too crowded once you get away from the convention center.

Im not sure everyone's taste? Give me a heads up and I can point you towards something.

EVERYONE wants Schmidts, Thurmans, Buckeye Donoughts, but good luck on that wait :/

AND OH YEAH DONT YOU FUGIN DARE WEAR BLUE INTO MY CITY!!
THIS IS BUCKEYE COUNTRY!!

For gyms;

FAR AWAY
Dave Tate's FTS gym is having a special to attract people at the arnold, thats a long drive

CLOSER
LA fitness is everywhere

For food;

Everything you could want is in the Short North and Brewery District, both are close, you cant really go wrong. Ohio State will be on break so it's really not too crowded once you get away from the convention center.

Im not sure everyone's taste? Give me a heads up and I can point you towards something.

EVERYONE wants Schmidts, Thurmans, Buckeye Donoughts, but good luck on that wait :/

Thanks for the info that’s great. For food I like burger places, steak houses more American type cuisine...but I do also like sushi and Mexican.

Thanks for the info that’s great. For food I like burger places, steak houses more American type cuisine...but I do also like sushi and Mexican.

I'm a local as well and if you want to escape that convention center area crowding you can uber over to Olentangy River Rd (10 min or less) just west of the OSU campus and there's Columbus Fish Market, Cap City Diner (american cuisine), Bravo (italian), and Champps...along with a couple brew house bar/restaurants. All of those options are very good food and relatively inexpensive.

On the gym options, you'll have to go with the recommendations from IronLoin2 cuz I live way out in the country, I train in my home gym, and have no insight into the gym scene in the downtown area. I will say this...like IronLion said, Dave Tate's EliteFTS S5 compound gym out in London is a bit of travel but this is the FIRST time he's ever opened it up to outsiders to come and train there!! It's a private gym for employees, sponsored athletes, and close friends. You'll likely be overwhelmed at the amount of "hardcore" equipment offered there....unique stuff that you don't see everywhere. Plus the amount of specialty bars and other accessories will blow your frickin' mind!! It literally doesn't get much more "hard core" than this place. Something to think about anyway.

Now I'm tempted to were My Cubbies Shirt!
Think we would Fit In ?...lol

Attachments

• cubbys.JPG
    cubbys.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

For gyms;

FAR AWAY

CLOSER
LA fitness is everywhere

For food;

He would love Metro in Westerville

He would love Metro in Westerville

I would agree with that! Nice, big hardcore gym. When I first moved to Columbus I trained there for a couple years. This was way back when Mike Francois was competing and trained there. I witnessed some big bench presses there too when JM Blakely trained

Booth 822....

Its a mad house at PowerHouse...

I go the the little gem a few more blocks down in the dungeon. YMCA gym.

-FF

I'm a local as well and if you want to escape that convention center area crowding you can uber over to Olentangy River Rd (10 min or less) just west of the OSU campus and there's Columbus Fish Market, Cap City Diner (american cuisine), Bravo (italian), and Champps...along with a couple brew house bar/restaurants. All of those options are very good food and relatively inexpensive.

On the gym options, you'll have to go with the recommendations from IronLoin2 cuz I live way out in the country, I train in my home gym, and have no insight into the gym scene in the downtown area. I will say this...like IronLion said, Dave Tate's EliteFTS S5 compound gym out in London is a bit of travel but this is the FIRST time he's ever opened it up to outsiders to come and train there!! It's a private gym for employees, sponsored athletes, and close friends. You'll likely be overwhelmed at the amount of "hardcore" equipment offered there....unique stuff that you don't see everywhere. Plus the amount of specialty bars and other accessories will blow your frickin' mind!! It literally doesn't get much more "hard core" than this place. Something to think about anyway.

Love to see a few pics of Tate’s.

Booth 822....

Its a mad house at PowerHouse...

I go the the little gem a few more blocks down in the dungeon. YMCA gym.

-FF

Lmao that YMCA is the WORST

Lmao that YMCA is the WORST

I like the janky old equipment, but most of all, I enjoy not talking and working out uninterrupted. PH is straight zoo status

-FF

I think I’m finally going to make it down there, hope to see some of you guys!

I went to Michigan but haven’t worn Michigan shit since I went to school there, got my degree and got the fuck out. Never seen anyone give a shit about school colors that didn’t go to the school other than people form Ohio, you guys are silly with that OSU crap!

Love to see a few pics of Tate’s.

Go to his website (elitefts.com) and look around. There's actually a header scrolling across the top front of his homepage promoting the opportunity to train there. In the background there's a pic of the gym. You can also go to the bottom of the page and check out the desktop wallpapers and there are some good pics in there too. Now those wallpaper pics are of the S4 compound but you'll get the idea of the environment there. They recently moved to a new location maybe 5-6 months ago and this is the S5 compound.

I was in the S4 compound a year or so ago. I wanted to get a couple specialty bars for my home gym but couldn't decide which ones I wanted so I went out there and talked to Matt (their sales director). He was like "let's go over to the gym and you can try them all out and see which ones work best for you." So it was pretty cool to get to go in the compound and play around with the different bars and it definitely helped to narrow my decision down to the right choice for my home gym. Just being in there for a half hour or so trying out the different bars was a cool experience. The new place is even bigger and better!

I think I’m finally going to make it down there, hope to see some of you guys!

I went to Michigan but haven’t worn Michigan shit since I went to school there, got my degree and got the fuck out. Never seen anyone give a shit about school colors that didn’t go to the school other than people form Ohio, you guys are silly with that OSU crap!

Spoken like someone who's lost 13 out of the last 14 rivalry games :)

I'm going. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll be wearing my MA Labs T-shirt with an MA Labs logo on the front, so if you see me come say hi.

I only live 2 hours away, so it's a relatively short drive for me.

I'm going. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll be wearing my MA Labs T-shirt with an MA Labs logo on the front, so if you see me come say hi.

I only live 2 hours away, so it's a relatively short drive for me.
Dammit! We decided not to go this year, I would have enjoyed linking up with you! Maybe next time brother.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws