Gravel

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
AMAZING!!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

He did that pretty easy! In the comments someone said it was 500kgs which is 1102.31lbs...insane!

It’s 1069 but he may squat 1100 one day. Jesus, I rember when 1000 pounds in a suit and wraps was a big deal.

Fucking A that is impressive...

That is disgusting haha. He walked out over 1000+ pounds. A monolift with gear is impressive...

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

So that was a record in his bodyweight? I wonder what class he is in. Impressive.

Fred Hatfield did 1008 lbs and must have been in a lower weight class. This lift still impresses me, how easy it was for him.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs4AZsBkUgM"]Fred Hatfield 1008lb / 457.5kg squat - YouTube[/ame]

Quick research shows Hatfield did 1014 lbs at a weight of 255. Cant find William's bodyweight, but I see that he did it all raw which puts him in another universe. He does look a lot bigger though.

Last edited:
To qualify for raw I guess you can wear a singlet and knee sleeves? As long as its not a true powerlifting suit and knee wraps?

To qualify for raw I guess you can wear a singlet and knee sleeves? As long as its not a true powerlifting suit and knee wraps?

There are several different classifications. I believe Ray is a raw/sleeve record holder.....then there's the raw/wrap record holder....then single ply and the list goes on.

Still, i think Ray is the strongest squatter of all time. If anyone has competed in wraps AND sleeves, you'll know. VERY different. I never liked wraps...it causes you to slingshot out of the hole too much. Versus sleeves, you get nothing. Just there to keep your knees warm.

There are several different classifications. I believe Ray is a raw/sleeve record holder.....then there's the raw/wrap record holder....then single ply and the list goes on.

Still, i think Ray is the strongest squatter of all time. If anyone has competed in wraps AND sleeves, you'll know. VERY different. I never liked wraps...it causes you to slingshot out of the hole too much. Versus sleeves, you get nothing. Just there to keep your knees warm.

Do you know what Ray weighed when he set the record? It looks like he is in the highest weight class where there is no limit?

Do you know what Ray weighed when he set the record? It looks like he is in the highest weight class where there is no limit?

He's in the 120kg weight class. When he set the 1005 pound squat record he was weighing 361 pounds. I would imagin he was probably pretty close to that here

He's in the 120kg weight class. When he set the 1005 pound squat record he was weighing 361 pounds. I would imagin he was probably pretty close to that here

ok. He is a big guy for sure. He should be able to push even more in the future I think.

ok. He is a big guy for sure. He should be able to push even more in the future I think.

Not to mention I believe he's only 30 or 31 years old

The federations require you to wear a singlet in raw. Not sure why...but that's the deal.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws