advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mitochondria--My theory on best GAINS--Don't boost thyroid without Uridine/Inosine

Floxedone

Registered
How do you fuel your Mito (mitochondria) and ensure the highest quality cell replication and function?:

Short answer, boost thyroid and feed Mito with Uridine, Inosine, take NADH to support ATP.

--A thyroid test should always be done before taking thyoid stimulants, IMO

Long Answer

I am no scientist, I am just a ex BB who is trying to become un-disabled after taking Cipro/ fluoroquinolone antibiotic and suffering 400+ muscle strains. I have however done a lot of research that may be of some benefit to the BB community. If for some reason I make an error please forgive me.

Here is a simplified pyramid I made:

Growth Factors
Stem cell proliferation
Enzymes adduct repair Enzymes adduct
Mitochondria Mitochondria Mitochondria Mitochondria

Supporting each step from the bottom up is important for optimum health

or
hormones
nutrients nutrients
Mitochondria Mitochondria mit mito

You feed your body food for energy

You use hormones to increase messages to build muscles, etc.

But what are you feeding your Mitochondria?

Mitochondria use Pyrimidine nucleosides to build nucleic acid and to fuel mtDNA replication.

In a normal healthy person, homeostasis is achieved though diet and normal cell cycles.

However, in some conditions, usually through toxic drugs, DNA mutations, these pools of energy get depleted.

If a cell's mtDNA drops below 40% the cell's respiration plummets to below 10%. this could result in increased size but less strength. AAS could fuel energy but burn out a person because their mtDNA becomes depleted through a lack of dietary/supplement Pyrimidines, then when off cycle they will crash harder.

Lethargy and other problems would persist until mtDNA reaches the right level to fuel the new tissue, and a new homeostasis is reached.

Could increasing cellular function through pyrimidine and RNA supplementation result in keeping more AAS gains by achieving homeostasis sooner?

A cells mtDNA is a major factor in all its functions and studies have shown that a replicated cell can be created with a similar capacity or less than the original.

Studies have shown that supplementing Uridine restores the energy pools and cell respiration, in people with mtDNA depletion. These studies show mtDNA damage from HIV drugs, but it's my theory that increased hypertrophy through AAS can lead to a similar depletion. In either case homeostasis is broken.

mtDNA below 40% = less than 10% respiration

mtDNA above 40% = Greater than 80% respiration

It's also true that thyroid function has a direct affect on Mito function. A less active thyroid can result in 50% less Mito activity, an optimum thyroid can likewise raise Mito activity by > 50%.

This thyroid/Mito relation may be why t3/t4 can create better results with AAS.

I would recommend any BB to look into

NADH-Helps electron transport system/Mito function
Uridine-Make sure Pyrimidine pools are 100%
Inosine- Helps improve nerve function. helps Pyrimidine pool activity.
Q-10
MitoCarnitine.
D-ribose

--SAFETY, it is said that RNA rich foods and supplements can flare up gout due to too much uric acid.

However, even with optimal mtDNA function, scar tissue, rouge cells that escape the p51 regulation system, and DNA adducts can still lead to improper cell replication, and more scar tissue. Lipase and protease digestive enzymes have been looked at the heal scar tissue and break apart damaged DNA for repair.

"mtDNA deletions appear to be lost at two stages; firstly very early on during the initial myoblast proliferation phase or during satellite cell activation and secondly during later myoblast proliferation; (iv) muscle regeneration with incorporation of satellite cells remains a viable therapy in patients..."

Mitochondrial DNA deletions in muscle satellite cells: implications for therapies

It's my theory that Pyrimidine availability and available cellular energy directly affects the quality of the new cells being produced and that depletion of mtDNA through increased cell proliferation may be one cause of burn out and lethargy, and loss of AAS gains while new homeostasis is reached.

Let me guess, you know exactly where I can obtain said supplements?

Lol, I am not a shill, I am a DISABLED PERSON who is an ex MMA and body builder who can now lift 1/2 pound.

I am just sharing my knowledge with people. there are no studies done on Cipro related muscle problems (except a crappy mayo clinic one), so I've had to look at other conditions known to cause similar problems.

In chronic diseases such as MD, HIV, etc, there is a 'lack of something"

In accelerated tissue proliferation there is also a greater "need"

In both cases homeostasis is broken.

I am not trying to sell anything.

I love how so many people DON"T listen, they just assume.

I did a forum search for "mitochondria" and "uridine" and only threads about Datbtru(uridine increases fsh) and some product with UMP in it.

SO.

I figured I would bring up a relevant point of discussion.

Interesting stuff! No doubt muscle growth goes well beyond AAS/HGH.

I’ve been reading up on supps know to be the most neuroprotective. Seems like CBD oil is way up there along with ALCAR, NAC, eph/dha, Alpha GPC and citicoline. But I was just reading up on Uridine and it seems pretty important. Adding Mitocnol helps:
Mitocnol appears to be useful for situations when one wants a high serum Uridine concentrations without gastrointestinal side-effects, due to enhanced bioavailability

Also this is s nice little bonus from it:

1. Cardiac Tissue

Uridine is able to exert an acute cardioprotective effect against myocardial ischemia when preloaded which is abolished by blocking potassium channels on the mitochondria (with 5-hydroxydecanoate);[94] it appears that uridine preloading preserves levels of energy metabolites (ATP, creatine phosphate, and uridine) and subsequently reduced lipid peroxidation.[94]

Need to get Emeric involved in this discussion!!!

I'm hear to listen to what you have to say.

idebenone
old fav of mine
helps mitochondria.
then theres a big list of things that kinda sorta do by some off bi product. lol

Never heard of idebenone. What brand and dose do you use? Seems like not many supp companies have it.

Look into:
Ubiquinol
PQQ
Pterostilbene
Idebenone
NADH

And ALA + L-carnitine as mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Look into:
Ubiquinol
PQQ
Pterostilbene
Idebenone
NADH

And ALA + L-carnitine as mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have really been wondering if NADH is legit.

Last edited:
Never heard of idebenone. What brand and dose do you use? Seems like not many supp companies have it.

i have not used any "brands" in years. cant say.
the few i tried way back were totally different then what i use.

color is ( should be ) super bright orange ish

i get mine usually from china, its pretty expensive and getting harder to source.

i have not used any "brands" in years. cant say.
the few i tried way back were totally different then what i use.

color is ( should be ) super bright orange ish

i get mine usually from china, its pretty expensive and getting harder to source.

How much do you take? With or without food?

I haven't utilized PQQ. I honestly wasn't familiar with it. Is it something which should be used in conjunction with Ubiquinol?

Thx!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08