over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloodwork While on my Blast

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So just got the results of my company physical. I am almost 5 weeks into my "blast" which is 200mg-250mg week of Sustanon; 350mg week of Primo. I am pinning everyday. That is the only thing I'm on aside from some B12 shots, TB-500...and recently L-Carnitine Injections.

I plan to make an appointment with my PCP to show him this and get his input...and then get my other panels done for Test, Estrogen, etc.

Had a few things off....but they are always a little high. Figured I would put it out there for other's take on it. Here were the conditions. I was NOT fasted.

Had gym workout that finished around 6:00 AM. Had intra-shake, post-workout shake, and 1 meal. Blood drawn at 9:30 AM. Levels and ranges.

Serum Glucose 73
Bun 33 (6 - 24)
Creatinine, Serum 1.5 (.76 - 1.27)
Bun/Creatinine Ratio 24 (9 -20)
EGFR 63
AST 41 (0 -40)
HDL 37
Total Cholesterol 168
WBC 11.6 (3.4 - 10.8)
Neutrophils, Absolute 8 (1.4 -7.0)
Monocytes, Absolute 1.2 (.1 - .9)
Hemoglobin 13.8
Hematocrit 42.5

Now I suspect a lot of these numbers were out of range because of training. My PCP has always seen the others slightly elevated and said since I exercise almost daily, don't fast before I have blood drawn, and consume more protein.....that these levels were not concerning to him. ALT levels were normal....and I know that AST is more indicative of muscle damage than liver issues to a point.

My HDL is kind of low...and my total cholesterol has went up a little....but I have gained slightly 30 pounds since my last blood work so I assume that will affect it some. Plus last Oct. I did an 8 week blast of 200mg TPP/ 200mg NPP.

Biggest concerns are what I have in bold. These are usually associated with Kidney concerns.......but my PCP has not been worried about it in the past. I think two years ago I even did the 24 hour urine collection for my peace of mind and everything was fine. I may request that test again just to make sure nothing is going on.

So what do you guys think? Everything else tested came back in normal ranges.

Dehydration and muscle breakdown is to be expected. Nothing id worry about looks pretty awesome tbh.

Jealous as shit of that HDL.

Dehydration and muscle breakdown is to be expected. Nothing id worry about looks pretty awesome tbh.

Jealous as shit of that HDL.

Thanks. I guess the HDL is okay. I figured something brought it down as I am usually in the upper 40's low 50's while just on TRT.

My daughter showed me her bloodwork the other day...and her HDL was 71. Mine used to be like that 20 years ago!

Still...I made an appointment with my regular doc to go over the stuff that was elevated. It's probably nothing as we do this every year....but I have gotten a little more obsessive about things once I reached 40 years old.

Leukocytosis (increase in WBC) is a common positive acute phase reactant from exersice. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this in particular.

Your BUN on the other hand is questionable to the degree of rise in-conjunction with prior exersice mixed with protein intake and your overall hydration status. As with your creatinine. My question would be is it a constant or acute? Trying to differentiate when there's other influences going on. It's a skewed mess out of the gates.

I prefer not to exercise a few days prior when pulling any labs.

As for your lipids, hydration plays on fluctuating lipid(s) levels, generally higher in a dehydrated state. Not that this pertains to you specifically since you ate and drink a shake beforehand. Most individuals that do fast for lab's, generally don't drink enough water leading up to their lab's.

First off, your "blast" is outta control lol. As far as kidney function, I've heard dave palumbo mention this product numerous times and I've used it for six months and saw definite improvements in my bloodwork. I'll use a little more than a teaspoon in my pre and post workout shakes. What's your blood pressure btw

https://www.goldenstandards.com/

First off, your "blast" is outta control lol. As far as kidney function, I've heard dave palumbo mention this product numerous times and I've used it for six months and saw definite improvements in my bloodwork. I'll use a little more than a teaspoon in my pre and post workout shakes. What's your blood pressure btw

https://www.goldenstandards.com/
Tested this morning at work by our health coach as she came in to go over our bloodwork.

111/68 and a pulse of 67.

This even after having a cup of coffee which is something I usually don't drink much of anymore.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

H/H seems pretty low for HRT, not that that is a bad thing per se, just usually don't see numbers like that.

Leukocytosis (increase in WBC) is a common positive acute phase reactant from exersice. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this in particular.

Your BUN on the other hand is questionable to the degree of rise in-conjunction with prior exersice mixed with protein intake and your overall hydration status. As with your creatinine. My question would be is it a constant or acute? Trying to differentiate when there's other influences going on. It's a skewed mess out of the gates.

I prefer not to exercise a few days prior when pulling any labs.

As for your lipids, hydration plays on fluctuating lipid(s) levels, generally higher in a dehydrated state. Not that this pertains to you specifically since you ate and drink a shake beforehand. Most individuals that do fast for lab's, generally don't drink enough water leading up to their lab's.

Thanks for the reply.

I looked back over some of my prior bloodwork through the years....and Bun and Creatinine have always been slightly elevated.

It was about 3 years ago that I did the 24 hour urinalysis test.....I guess looking for protein in my urine among other things.

I do like most of us take in a fair amount of protein...but probably not as much as some. I'm around 200lbs....and usually average between 250-300 grams daily.

I try to stay as hydrated as much as possible....but probably still guilty of not drinking enough.

I will discuss with my PCP about another full panel being done when I get my hormone levels tested. But this one I will do after not training for 2-3 days.....and truly fasted to see if anything changes.

H/H seems pretty low for HRT, not that that is a bad thing per se, just usually don't see numbers like that.
Not sure how much it would contribute, but I did donate blood approximately 5 weeks ago when they mailed and asked if I could come in. I donate regularly, and they send me an email reminder when the time comes around.

I also may look at reducing protein intake. But I will talk with him about it and see.

Yea the Bun and creatinine are the only things that look a little concerning brother. I've never had those rise even on orals, but everyone is different. Lipids are okay imo.

Your kidneys are hurting and it's not from training. I would stop the dosages ASAP. Once the kidneys are damaged it's largely permanent.

Blood pressure is really good. Do you take any blood pressure medicine?

Reviewing patients blood work is something I do in the clinic daily. The creatinine level is something that goes from 1.4. to 1.5, to 1.6 to 2.0 and dialysis pretty quickly. These are the numbers my patients have before needing to be hooked to a machine 3 x a week for hours at a time. Your body is telling you to stop.

People on this site will tell you don't worry it's your training, your an athlete, or dehydration. This minimizes the issue and is denial. Repeatedly high creatinine is a huge warning sign. A study of elite, I repeat ELITE athletes showed they had a slightly higher creatinine level, but none of them were even over 1.33.

Diabetics and elderly with high blood pressure have always been the most common dialysis patients. Nowadays, anabolic steroid abusers are the fastest growing group of young people needing dialysis. The nephrologists I work with are the top in the field and all see the link between the hugh spike in drug use with the trend. It's not worth it for another inch on your bicep. The former abusers I see 3 x a week wish they never touched gear.

Reviewing patients blood work is something I do in the clinic daily. The creatinine level is something that goes from 1.4. to 1.5, to 1.6 to 2.0 and dialysis pretty quickly. These are the numbers my patients have before needing to be hooked to a machine 3 x a week for hours at a time. Your body is telling you to stop.

People on this site will tell you don't worry it's your training, your an athlete, or dehydration. This minimizes the issue and is denial. Repeatedly high creatinine is a huge warning sign. A study of elite, I repeat ELITE athletes showed they had a slightly higher creatinine level, but none of them were even over 1.33.

Diabetics and elderly with high blood pressure have always been the most common dialysis patients. Nowadays, anabolic steroid abusers are the fastest growing group of young people needing dialysis. The nephrologists I work with are the top in the field and all see the link between the hugh spike in drug use with the trend. It's not worth it for another inch on your bicep. The former abusers I see 3 x a week wish they never touched gear.
I do plan to pursue this further. But I'm not what you would call an abuser. I'm on 100mg of scripted test each week. Once or twice a year....I will double the test and add another small compound in resulting in doses that are typically below 500mg a week in total. More along the lines of 400mg total....and for 8 weeks or less. This one is test and primo.

Last year I had a CT and ultrasound of my liver, pancreas, gall bladder and kidneys. Those all came back fine.

I'm not suggesting that there isn't an issue.....but would think that given the low doses I use, have never used orals, and other support supplements I use....that these small amounts wouldn't automatically create kidney issues.

I was just asking for other's experience with this. Eating higher protein than normal, exercise pretty hard, and did all that 3 hours before having blood drawn.

I don't drink, don't take pain meds, do have a stressful life at times like we all do.

A1C is in the mid 4's....and every other panel came back in perfect range.

I appreciate your input.....but before I start panicking I will get my PCP to put me through the ringer to make sure I'm not jumping the gun into thinking I have full blown kidney damage.

Your doses are low indeed. And it's good you are following up with pcp. Do you take motrin, naproxen or an ACE inhibitor such as Lisinopril? These are all nephrotoxic and could explain a higher creatinine reading?

Edit. Just saw the no pain med comment.

Last edited:
Your doses are low indeed. And it's good you are following up with pcp. Do you take motrin, naproxen or an ACE inhibitor such as Lisinopril? These are all nephrotoxic and could explain a higher creatinine reading?

Edit. Just saw the no pain med comment.

Like I said... I don't drink and when I did...it was 1-2 beers a week. Last beer I had was probably 7+ years ago. Work is very stressful sometimes..but that's it. Otherwise I live a pretty boring life.

I've never been a high dose guy. Last Oct was the first blast I had done in probably 2 years. 175mg TPP/ 175mg NPP a week for 8 weeks.

Other than that...100mg of test weekly for the last 18 months. Before that...I was actually prescribed 150mg per week, but it always put estrogen levels at borderline. I don't want to deal with an AI so we lowered dose, tested, and found that 100mg a week puts me in a good range...and my estrogen is well controlled.

All I am currently on is the test and primo at dosages I mentioned above which I had started about 5 weeks ago, 2.5mg TB-500 a week, Synthetine (3ml pre-workout), B12 Injections, Carditone, Ubiquinol, D3, K2, and DIM. And a Multi-vitamin.

The day of the test...I had a workout that lasted about 1.5 hours. It ended around 6:00 AM.

Intra-shake consisted of 30 grams HBCD, 10 grams EAA's, 15 Grams of Hydrolyzed Whey, 8 grams of L- Citrulline.

Post Shake was 30 grams of Hydrolyzed Whey, 15 Grams of Whey Isolate, 30 grams of HBCD.

Meal was about 30 grams of protein, 30 grams of healthy fats.

Drink 1-2 bottles of water....and got to the office around 8:30am hoping they would get me back early. But it was probably 9:45am by the time they pulled blood. Also while waiting...I needed to go to the bathroom pretty bad...but held it as I knew they would be wanting a specimen for our drug screening.

Other than that.....nothing else.

But I'm scheduled next week with my PCP. So I will update as things go along. It's just that in the past...these numbers have always been slightly elevated. My doctor (for the last 20+ years) always said that with me carrying more muscle and eating more protein.....he didn't see an issue. Plus my EGFR has always been in range.

You cant give blood post workout. I had similar numbers after i worked out and had blood drawn. Went back acouple months later with a few day break from gym and bloods were perfect

I'm not a kidney expert but I hope everything returns to normal. BP and hematocrit are excellent.

Have you looked into taking astragalus for kidneys? It's the one Dante likes

Last edited:

I was in a pretty good mood waking up this morning, but unfortunately it didn't last past your post... reading you did nothing but cast a gloom over my day. :(

Is there really a need to be so DRAMATIC? :cool:

I mean... couldn't it just be the truth that having labs done on a stressed/ non rested/ just trained/ feed a high protein diet body can indeed lead to increased kidney markers TOO? Not denying what you're seeing on a daily basis with your patients and the actual dangers of AAS, but listening to you it's like 100% of those who've touched a ml of test once in their life will end up put on dialysis... a little bit KILLJOY... :eek:

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828