over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shampoo/Conditioner causing demensia?

Lene28

Registered
I have heard people mention this before and wondered if anyone had looked into it? I remember deodorant was a big deal a few years ago; companies claiming that aluminum in some brands was bad for you. I always thought that was garbage because there was no carrier bringing it through your skin.
I use Aussie shampoo and conditioner from Sam’s; what do y’all think?

I can't say I've ever really thought twice about my shampoo and conditioner causing me dementia at 28..I'm not trying to be a dick but with the stuff I (we for the most part) put in my body, shampoo causing dementia at 28 is pretty low on my list of things to focus on..with that said I'd prefer not to get dementia lol

Judging by your post apparently it does!

Haha, sorry I just couldn't resist. :p

I can't say I've ever really thought twice about my shampoo and conditioner causing me dementia at 28..I'm not trying to be a dick but with the stuff I (we for the most part) put in my body, shampoo causing dementia at 28 is pretty low on my list of things to focus on..with that said I'd prefer not to get dementia lol

I’m 32 and before a month ago I never thought about it either lol. I would rather avoid something like that if all it took was a few more dollars on shampoo and conditioner though.

I’m 32 and before a month ago I never thought about it either lol. I would rather avoid something like that if all it took was a few more dollars on shampoo and conditioner though.

I met someone once that had dementia at 55..his wife was putting him in a home because she was massively obese and couldn't take care of him..it was sad to see and pretty scary as well. I had no idea it could happen that young.

My college roommate had the same thing with his mother; she was early 50’s and had to go in a home. Really sad and scary...

I have heard people mention this before and wondered if anyone had looked into it? I remember deodorant was a big deal a few years ago; companies claiming that aluminum in some brands was bad for you. I always thought that was garbage because there was no carrier bringing it through your skin.
I use Aussie shampoo and conditioner from Sam’s; what do y’all think?
highly,highl,highly unlikely. Primarily its hereditary but not always. its a devastating disease, especially if u watch it happen to a loved one. i remember when the coach of the tennesse womens basketball team was diagnosed with early on set dementia. She was as sharp as a tac and then 1 year later after her dx. she couldnt remember to eat or pee or how to brush her teeth. Very sad.

My college roommate had the same thing with his mother; she was early 50’s and had to go in a home. Really sad and scary...

At that age, gene mutations (TREM-2, PSEN-1 or 2 and APP genes) are the prominent cause of early onset with frontotemporal dementia. APOE-4 is another inherent risk factor for neurodegeneration.

As for the topic, endocrine disruptors are just about everywhere these days. Some individuals are more unfortunate than others to the dreaded epigenetics of thee world as we know it.

At that age, gene mutations (TREM-2, PSEN-1 or 2 and APP genes) are the prominent cause of early onset with frontotemporal dementia. APOE-4 is another inherent risk factor for neurodegeneration.

As for the topic, endocrine disruptors are just about everywhere these days. Some individuals are more unfortunate than others to the dreaded epigenetics of thee world as we know it.

Stewie I really appreciate your thoughts. Is there any medication or preventative medicine once can take? I am asking because my parents are getting older (75 and 71) and if there are any health supplements they should be taking or antioxidants you recommend I would like to help them as best as possible.

Been using Aussie Shampoo's and Conditioner since they came out.
Still pretty sharp @ 65.
And I haven't gone Grey yet....................... JP

Any time you're putting chemicals on your skin theres a high likelihood of absorption. Theres always a caution for pregnant women and people undergoing certain chemo treatments to avoid coloring their hair because of scalp absorption and chemicals.
But then also consider a filter on your showerhead, and can go much further by being mindful of chemicals having a cause and effect, including an effect on the endocrine and nervous systems

Stewie I really appreciate your thoughts. Is there any medication or preventative medicine once can take? I am asking because my parents are getting older (75 and 71) and if there are any health supplements they should be taking or antioxidants you recommend I would like to help them as best as possible.
GcMAF...i’m just beginning to learn about this
Exelon patch and Namenda/Aricept...they seem to work better in conjunction with one another and seems more effective when used as preventative...meaning taken prior to any symptoms.

Theres tons of bad diseases and cancers you can get . Im not gonna sit around and worry about them. Just live your life.

I was taking Benadryl every night to help me sleep until someone pointed out the increased risk of it and dimentia.

Haven't done the research but absolutely would believe that cheap brands or brands with the wrong ingredients can cause long term ramifications like that. There are brands you can get with shampoos, toothpastes, deodorants, etc. that are bland but won't give any of the potential long term risks. I would imagine a poor lifestyle would only increase the risks of long term sides.

Play around with this site a bit

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/#.Wrb_RWinG3A

don't discount any illegal or questionably legal substances you inject yourself with or consume, of composition which you are not 100% certain. More likely than shampoo tbh

Thank you for posting this. I may just have to order my bathroom products from this site from now on. I sometimes wonder why I try to be healthy but still use commercial brand deodorants, shampoos, and dental products. I tried a healthier deodorant and it barely lasted and didn't smell very good. Also tried toothpaste/mouthwash and it just tasted terrible so I went back to Crest.

Thank you for posting this. I may just have to order my bathroom products from this site from now on. I sometimes wonder why I try to be healthy but still use commercial brand deodorants, shampoos, and dental products. I tried a healthier deodorant and it barely lasted and didn't smell very good. Also tried toothpaste/mouthwash and it just tasted terrible so I went back to Crest.

Yeah, you can get the natural deodorants, but in my experience they don't work. So, you smell like a bum. Like most things, I guess using deodorant so you are not a pariah, is a calculated risk.

Yeah, you can get the natural deodorants, but in my experience they don't work. So, you smell like a bum. Like most things, I guess using deodorant so you are not a pariah, is a calculated risk.

I also tried a natural deodorant and the effect lasted maybe an hour and smelled like crap. Maybe there's an alternative that works better though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws