FYI its finally out Pmers!

Who wants it ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Vertical Diet & Peak Performance Detailed Program Notes

FYI its finally out Pmers!

Who wants it ?

I mean....I’m interested

Also interested. The whole orange juice, salt post workout and red meat for the majority of meals seem interesting , he did a interview a year or so ago saying Dexter Jackson got him started on it. Increased reps with 90 second rest in between with meals being increased from 6 to 7 to 8 once your body adapts. Only macro nutrient packed foods easily processed and digested and no shakes or bars.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Also interested, thx

from myunderstanding it not much different from the 33/33/33 diet evan centopani used to follow when he was up and coming

33 percent fats
33 percent carbs
33 percent protein

This will give you plenty of info on it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOc7TRo9Os"]Stan Efferding KOMPLETTES Seminar in THOR's Powergym - YouTube[/ame]

from myunderstanding it not much different from the 33/33/33 diet evan centopani used to follow when he was up and coming

33 percent fats
33 percent carbs
33 percent protein
where u getting this info ?

Stan has never talked about any sort of percentages in his diet approach. He is a advocate of clean easy digesting carbs like white rice to improve performance and driving them high in proportion to the subjects output. This does not appear to tie up with 33-33-33.

He defo advocates more carbs then fats

and he is also not a high advocate of consuming huge amounts of protein similer to the massiveness of legendary bodybuilders such as Kai greene, Nothuman, heavyhitter practices.

I seen the title "Vertical Diet"....and think I'm automatically in! (Short Joke)

But I am definitely interested in what he has to say. I've always been "pro" white rice as my body digests it so much easier than any other carb.

As for protein needs......Back when I lost all my weight and then started gaining it back...I noticed that I really didn't need massive amounts of protein to keep my logbook and progress moving.

I even mentioned it on the thread when I first came back to posting. But I was also gaining back what I had "lost"...so I couldn't say it was a fair comparison.

Right now I average between 200-300 grams a day of protein. It's easy to get caught up in the mentality of more is better...and I guess I just want to make sure I have my bases covered. But I do believe that we can get away with a lot less than we think we need.

Recently listed to the YouTube posted in here and a podcast from way back with Ben pakulski and he talked about the vertical diet. I’ve incorporated certain things like the salt and orange juice. Will start adding in some red meat as well but a more lean red meat like 96/4 or round of the eye steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen the title "Vertical Diet"....and think I'm automatically in! (Short Joke)

But I am definitely interested in what he has to say. I've always been "pro" white rice as my body digests it so much easier than any other carb.

As for protein needs......Back when I lost all my weight and then started gaining it back...I noticed that I really didn't need massive amounts of protein to keep my logbook and progress moving.

I even mentioned it on the thread when I first came back to posting. But I was also gaining back what I had "lost"...so I couldn't say it was a fair comparison.

Right now I average between 200-300 grams a day of protein. It's easy to get caught up in the mentality of more is better...and I guess I just want to make sure I have my bases covered. But I do believe that we can get away with a lot less than we think we need.

u figure 250-300g a day equals 200-240 POUNDS of protein eaten in a year. in grams. then realize how much muscle tissue u can actually gain in a year. then realize those pounds of muscle u gained are 70 percent water...kinda makes u wonder where all that protein u ate went. bodies need what 70-100 grams a day to maintain functions. and after u subtract that, no one is gaining 150 pounds of muscle in a year. or even 100 pounds...or even 50...or.....
still, i eat 220-250 anyway. cuz im used to it and i think i'll lose all my "gainz" if i dont...

Another way to view "excess" protein is it is the best macro nutrient to over eat in regards to thermodynamics, cal vs cal, digestibility, fat content, ect.

Do you need 400g protein to get huge? Most likely not. But, when your balls deep in prep not eating shit but protein and veggies there arent many options.

Performance wise obviously you'd have way higher carbs and carbs are protein sparing so your total protein intake would be down.

Use/consumption is all going to come down to the point in what you're goal is. Competition, power lifting, performance, ect.

The best macro to "over eat" is 100% protein.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws