over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My BP is 134/80

bereal23

Registered
That's about what it always is and I was never too worried about it. But I've seen a lot posts here lately saying what a big difference it makes on your health/longevity to really to try keep it under 120/80. I went to the PA today and she acted like i was retarded for being concerned. I said isn't that kind of high? She (arrogantly) said honey, 134 over 80 is completely normal, I do this for a living.

I take citruline, taurine, gw, and tadalafil and it stays at that number regardless of blasting or cruising. So my question is should i get BP meds myself? I was thinking telmisartan

Last edited:
She’s right! Your bp is fine. Taking a drug for it would concern me a lot more than those bp numbers. Every drug has negative sides!!!

I would try beet root powder before taking meds.Beet root powder dropped my bp around 10 points both systolic and diastolic.It took a couple of days of using to start seeing results but give it a good 2-3 weeks and you will be surprised.It is pretty cheap too

Last edited:
New blood pressure guidelines were released in November 2017 and 134 / 80 is not, nor has it ever been considered, normal.

Above 120 / 80 is now considered pre-hypertension.

New blood pressure guidelines were released in November 2017 and 134 / 80 is not, nor has it ever been considered, normal.

Above 120 / 80 is now considered pre-hypertension.

Which is f@cking retarded. Then again genetics are the factor that dictates if your body can handle higher bp. Everyone in my family has high bp yet they live to be very old. My grandma is 94 with life long bp around 160/90. Mine is always that high.

Which is f@cking retarded. Then again genetics are the factor that dictates if your body can handle higher bp. Everyone in my family has high bp yet they live to be very old. My grandma is 94 with life long bp around 160/90. Mine is always that high.
Cmon man you don't know what you are talking about. The American Heart Association didn't pull those guidelines out of their asses. They are based on the accumulated research of the past decades.

The new ACC/AHA guidelines were developed with nine other health professional organizations and were written by a panel of 21 scientists and health experts who reviewed more than 900 published studies.
New ACC/AHA High Blood Pressure Guidelines Lower Definition of Hypertension - American College of Cardiology

But I guess we should just throw that empirical evidence out of the window because "ma grandma has high BP and is healthy!!!!".

Also, why don't you go ahead and list some of those dreaded side effects of modern BP medications like cardioselective beta blockers and ARBs. I'm sure they are severe and will outweigh the benefit of increased cardiovascular health...:banghead:

Not to mention that for AAS users, there are reasons to take (low dose) BP medication even in the absence of hypertension, e.g. for the prevention of cardiac fibrosis, LVH, etc.

Cmon man you don't know what you are talking about. The American Heart Association didn't pull those guidelines out of their asses. They are based on the accumulated research of the past decades.

New ACC/AHA High Blood Pressure Guidelines Lower Definition of Hypertension - American College of Cardiology

But I guess we should just throw that empirical evidence out of the window because "ma grandma has high BP and is healthy!!!!".

Also, why don't you go ahead and list some of those dreaded side effects of modern BP medications like cardioselective beta blockers and ARBs. I'm sure they are severe and will outweigh the benefit of increased cardiovascular health...:banghead:

Not to mention that for AAS users, there are reasons to take (low dose) BP medication even in the absence of hypertension, e.g. for the prevention of cardiac fibrosis, LVH, etc.

All drugs have negative side effects!!! Pick a drug. To take a blood pressure drug with 120/80 blood pressure is ridiculous!
Common side effects of lisinopril include:
Cough.
Dizziness.
Headache.
Extreme tiredness.
Nausea.
Diarrhea.
Weakness.
Sneezing.

All drugs have negative side effects!!! Pick a drug. To take a blood pressure drug with 120/80 blood pressure is ridiculous!
Common side effects of lisinopril include:
Cough.
Dizziness.
Headache.
Extreme tiredness.
Nausea.
Diarrhea.
Weakness.
Sneezing.
All drugs have side effects, yes. But not all side effects are created equal. Dying from a an arrhythmia is a little bit worse than a cough.

The sides you list above are for an ACEi, and if dosed correctly are extremely rare. If you are one of the very few who gets one of those side effects, guess what, you switch to a different drug that you handle better. Case in point, ARBs are similarly effective as ACEis but tend to cause fewer of the above sides. Are more serious concern with both drugs is hyperkalemia (again very rare). This is something that should be kept in check via bloodwork. But again, that potential side effect has to be weighed against the way more serious concern of improved cardiovascular health.

If it never really goes above that i wouldn't put myself on medication if I were you. I'm sure it will climb as you get older and you can address it with a doctor then.

I second beet root juice that's a decent BP I bet if you relaxed more it would be lower.

That's about what it always is and I was never too worried about it. But I've seen a lot posts here lately saying what a big difference it makes on your health/longevity to really to try keep it under 120/80. I went to the PA today and she acted like i was retarded for being concerned. I said isn't that kind of high? She (arrogantly) said honey, 134 over 80 is completely normal, I do this for a living.

I take citruline, taurine, gw, and tadalafil and it stays at that number regardless of blasting or cruising. So my question is should i get BP meds myself? I was thinking telmisartan

my numbers were worse, and my (female) nurse gave me the same cunty response

so i got her male counterpart to prescribe me a year's supply of Lisinopril.

my numbers were worse, and my (female) nurse gave me the same cunty response

so i got her male counterpart to prescribe me a year's supply of Lisinopril.

You mean your veterinarian unless that’s not you in your avitar and you’re tricking us? I knew you couldn’t be that good looking. 🐶

While I agree that High BP is a Killer.
There's Lots of things that you can do to get it lower, without Meds.

Watching the amounts of Sodium.
When I say Sodium, I mean whats in Processed Foods, that's where you need to watch.
Also taking a Potassium Supplement, as this can lesson the effects of Sodium on BP.

Reducing Stress, this may sound easy, but lots of people have problems in this regard.
So you may want to consider Meditation.
I personally do Visual Meditation, it can be done anywhere, at any time, and it works........................... JP
P.S.
Lastly, get a Home BP unit, they are Inexpensive, and Very Useful.

My systolic has been ranging from 125-130, citrulline helps, frequent 10 min walks between classes help a lot as well.

Bodybuilders shouldn't neglect cardiovascular activity.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. So it sounds like I should try beet root powder first then consider telmisartan? Seems like the benefits of telmisartan outweigh any potential downsides. Especially for someone using gear.

Edit: I see Stewie viewing this thread! What's your input?

Last edited:
Personally i take Bp alot more serious then i use to. History of heart attack runs in the family. I started taking telmisartan( micardis) around 2 years ago. I take it all year long now. I just adjust the dose if needed. Normally take 80mg aday. I feel much better now that my BP is quite abit lower. But i also have a lower bf% now and carry 10lbs less muscle. So who knows if its actually from my BP or a combination(which is most likely) weither right or wrong my personal belief is the lower your BP(within healthy boundries) the less stress on your body and the longer you will live!

She’s right! Your bp is fine. Taking a drug for it would concern me a lot more than those bp numbers. Every drug has negative sides!!!

I am sorry JJ but you are so incredibly wrong.

The facts are all in this article
Lower Blood Pressure and Longer Life | Life Extension

OP, you need to buy a blood pressure monitor at home to get more accurate readings. Simply checking every once in awhile at a doctor’s office is only going to drive you crazy. It’s unfortunate your doctor is as ignorant as many are when it comes to this.

I'll be dead soon. Back in the day, the standards were much more reasonable, but now i am a dead man walking I guess.
If I am under 140/90 I celebrate. Been this way since I was 20 years old (no gear).
My doctor says, that its normal for me, but he is in his 70's....
I feel great... He doesn't want me on any meds and he is a kidney guy... Genetics?

Thanks for the input. So it sounds like I should try beet root powder first then consider telmisartan? Seems like the benefits of telmisartan outweigh any potential downsides. Especially for someone using gear.

Edit: I see Stewie viewing this thread! What's your input?

I am a huge fan of Telmisartan (ARB) and Nebivolol (beta blocker). They pose virtually all health benefits with hardly any risk.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws