over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Longest stretch without a cheat meal?

trenblown

Banned
When dieting, what's the longest you've ever gone without a cheat meal?

You always hear people talk about eating tons of junk for cheat meals, but I'd like to hear from those who have had to be more strict.

Also curious to know how many of you guys just eat clean for the majority of the time.

Im at 7 weeks right now,im on a roll,just dont want to go there as far as cheat meal right now.

6 hours lol

In recent memory? 8 weeks or so.

If I've been eating for the sake of gaining or maintaining weight and choose to start dieting, I find it very easy to maintain no cheats of any kind for the first 2 months or so (6-8 weeks), but past that point they're necessary...more so for physical needs than mental ones though. I stall out around that point and for whatever reason I've found (as many have before me) that adding in a once-weekly carb-heavy day is what boosts me past that fat loss plateau. I do still typically try to limit my fats on that day, but it is a true "cheat" day in the sense that I will eat what I want.

For the first 2-4 weeks of a diet I don't even feel hungry. From 4 weeks on, I usually start adding in some diet soda as a bit of a boring-food relief. At week 8 my mind and body need the break, and I'll keep cheats in my regiment until they seem to be detrimental.

Depending on what we are calling a "cheat meal" I make it point to take my family out to dinner once a week , it I'm prepping for a show and it's not time for a "refeed" then I'll have a clean meal like steak and veggies , while it's not on plan it's not going to o have any real negative impact on my prep.

Generally the last 8 weeks I'll have scheduled refeed meals once a week that is generally a bunch of carbs and I'll typically schedule this as a family dinner as well. My go to refeed is at IHop , the Colorado omlet and pancakes with a second serving of pancakes

If i cheat i want about 8 to 10 slices of pepperoni pizza,,from a good pizza place,you know. Probably the worst thing to cheat on lol.

16 weeks during prep. I had a high carb day each Saturday the last 6 weeks but no cheats.

Depending on what we are calling a "cheat meal" I make it point to take my family out to dinner once a week

That's the point... everyone's definition of cheating is so different!

For some it will be tons of junk, while others will keep on eating clean foods but in much higher proportions (like 200g of white rice instead of 30g lol).

Anyways, whatever your definition of it, the main issue I've always had with a cheat meal is that once you start eating again after weeks of deprivation, it's REALLY hard to stop yourself... so often I've seen me end up doubling or tripling the kcals and keep on eating all day/night long while I had initially planned a "small refeed", I now try to not even THINK about it... otherwise my mind goes crazy and I'm like "oh fuck it I'll be back on diet tomorrow"... and tomorrow soon becomes next week... lol... :eek::eek::naughty:

Last edited:
Anyways, whatever your definition of it, the main issue I've always had with a cheat meal is that once you start eating again after weeks of deprivation, it's REALLY hard to stop yourself... so often I've seen me end up doubling or tripling the kcals and keep on eating all day/night long while I had initially planned a "small refeed", I now try to not even THINK about it...

No doubt! I've learned that about myself...once I open the flood gates I have no idea what will happen next :p These days the only way I can make steady progress is to basically ditch the concept of cheating (in the near term). At this point I'm not even considering an indulgence until I reach specific milestones that are probably 3-4 months out. Otherwise I'll just sabotage myself.

I went 12 weeks pre contest with no cheat meals. My husband when working with Alex Azarian went the entire 14 week prep without a single cheat meal. We both won our shows. We were by far the most conditioned in our classes.

Currently at 8 weeks without a cheat. But I'm having a nice Easter Sunday dinner with the family... and maybe even some cake :)

about a week

Doing show in Nov/Dec, so not to concerned at the moment, but i don't go overboard either.

Depending on what we are calling a "cheat meal"

Agreed...if its actual junk ...December.... my current "cheat" meal (1x a week) is 8oz extra lean burger . a bunch of sweet potato fries in the oven and 2 Birthday Cake Quest Bars.... the bars are the worst thing i have.... and honestly, have no desire for shit either.. I can do pizza or 5 Guys anytime right now and just don't want it.. I just get in a "zone" and really don't even think about it .....
I prefer the clean route ...like Phidias mentioned.... my body doesn't punish me if I just elevate clean calories.... I bring in shit, my body is like what the fucking fuck and makes me pay for it

I’m currently dieting and have been the last 8 weeks, to be honest I have no desire to cheat at all. I keep my prep food tasty so don’t really miss cheating. I have attempted to schedule a cheat twice this time around but both times I haven’t managed to get it finished as it makes me feel crappy and I don’t enjoy it. Going forward I intend to just schedule a higher carb meal or so. Same foods that don’t bloat or cause digestion issues but just increase the carbs.

When I was younger I lived for Saturday evening when I had a cheat meal, funny how things change

I went 12 weeks pre contest with no cheat meals. My husband when working with Alex Azarian went the entire 14 week prep without a single cheat meal. We both won our shows. We were by far the most conditioned in our classes.

THIS....^^^^

5 Guys is about the only "dirty" cheat I care to have....and a cinnamon roll....maybe 2 :) Any more than that and I just feel like hell. Usually I'm perfectly happy with a solid portion of steak, some sweet potato and MAYBE a halo top ice cream. I know though that usually after having a 'dirty' cheat meal, despite the feeling like hell (heart pounding, sweating, etc) during the night, the next couple of days I'm usually lighter and much fuller.

Agreed...if its actual junk ...December.... my current "cheat" meal (1x a week) is 8oz extra lean burger . a bunch of sweet potato fries in the oven and 2 Birthday Cake Quest Bars.... the bars are the worst thing i have.... and honestly, have no desire for shit either.. I can do pizza or 5 Guys anytime right now and just don't want it.. I just get in a "zone" and really don't even think about it .....
I prefer the clean route ...like Phidias mentioned.... my body doesn't punish me if I just elevate clean calories.... I bring in shit, my body is like what the fucking fuck and makes me pay for it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131