over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER UNDERGOES EMERGENCY HEART SURGERY

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I hope he recovers fast.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has undergone emergency open-heart surgery ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to Arnold tell TMZ, the 70-year-old Schwarzenegger went to Cedars-Sinai Thursday for a catheter valve replacement. We're told the surgery is somewhat experimental and he developed complications.

Doctors were prepared in case the catheter valve replacement failed ... and quickly decided Arnold needed emergency open-heart surgery, which we're told lasted several hours.

This is not the first time Arnold has gone under the knife for heart surgery. He had an aortic valve replaced in 1997. At the time doctors didn't feel the procedure was urgently needed, but Arnold decided to do it while he was still young. He also said at the time the condition was congenital and had nothing to do with steroids.

As for his condition ... we're told he's stable.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Undergoes Emergency Heart Surgery | TMZ.com

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Always admired ole Arnold. Sad to see him getting old this way. But it happens to the best of us.

Wishing him a full and fast recovery!

Strange to see this today...for some reason yesterday I was thinking of older celebrities/figures and how long we may still have them for, and Arnold popped into my mind. Hope he gets well soon.

Just heard this on the radio

Went in for something minor and a complication lead to them doing open heart surgery

Said he was in a stable condition, I'm sure he has the best of the best healthcare around him so no real concerns

He tired some new expirement shit which none of us would have had access to and it didn’t work out which it sounds like they were prepared for, emergency heart surgery is just click bait wording....

He tired some new expirement shit which none of us would have had access to and it didn’t work out which it sounds like they were prepared for, emergency heart surgery is just click bait wording....

It was to replace his heart valve he elected to have replaced in 1997. Quite a common procedure. The valve he had replaced was still functional, but Arnold being who he is, wanted to stay ahead of the curve and get it replaced electively before it began failing. The procedure involved a stint and not open heart. Well I guess it went wrong as they had to immediately open him up.My guess is he opted for this, as he had been recently training again and getting himself back into solid shape. He probably wanted it replaced so he could push himself a bit more.

He best pull through, Arnold is a true motivator, even in his older years. I don't see this taking him out. I feel like he's just cut out to live 90 plus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ld-schwarzenegger-heart-surgery-bn/index.html

This story is worded a little differently but he had TAVR surgery. It’s not experimental anymore. It’s minimally invasive aortic valve replacement but the downside is the valves don’t last as long as biological or mechanical valves used in standard open heart surgery. Hopefully, future TAVR valves will be more durable.

TAVR is pretty easily available actually as long as you ask the surgeon.

TAVR is pretty easily available actually as long as you ask the surgeon.

I think I read a different article, hard to get a straight story nowadays....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ld-schwarzenegger-heart-surgery-bn/index.html

This story is worded a little differently but he had TAVR surgery. It’s not experimental anymore. It’s minimally invasive aortic valve replacement but the downside is the valves don’t last as long as biological or mechanical valves used in standard open heart surgery. Hopefully, future TAVR valves will be more durable.

Correction: it was his pulmonic valve, not aortic (in case someone was going to correct me)

Also, I’m reading that the tmz article is innacurate and he planned the surgery. His first words when he woke up were: “I’m back”

Long live Arnold!!

Last edited:
Correction: it was his pulmonic valve, not aortic (in case someone was going to correct me)

If that leaks then some deoxygenated blood from the lungs would leak back into the right ventricle when it is relaxed. That would reduce the amount of blood going through the lungs to pick up oxygen, so make you feel more easily winded and tired.

My father had his heart valve replaced 2x. His first one made him tick like a clock. His last replacement was probably 20 years ago. He is doing well.

My father had his heart valve replaced 2x. His first one made him tick like a clock. His last replacement was probably 20 years ago. He is doing well.

Was his latest one a biological or mechanical valve?

Was his latest one a biological or mechanical valve?

I think the medical advice these days is to avoid mechanical valves and go natural. Pig or cadaver is better. My neighbor has a father that had I think an aortic valve replaced about 1 or 2 yrs ago and as far as I know he is doing well. He was in his mid 70s at the time too.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws