over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding Humalog w/each meal to Lantus.

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Usually just on 50iu Lantud shot early morning.
I was considering adding 5iu to each meal (4-5 meals)

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Overkill. Max id go is bfast, pre and post. Why 4-5 times on top of lantus? Are you lean? Are you having a hard time getting food down? Whats your plan?

Sounds like throwing paint and hoping some shit sticks. Sure fire way to get fat asap.

Thoughts? Overkill. Max id go is bfast, pre and post. Why 4-5 times on top of lantus? Are you lean? Are you having a hard time getting food down? Whats your plan?

Sounds like throwing paint and hoping some shit sticks. Sure fire way to get fat asap.

More gains. Avoid using more expensive lantus like the big boys. I wouldn't think 4-5 iu each meal would be such a big deal. But this is why I ask lol.
I'm always leanish when using slin.

Any proof that its overkill and wouldn't work? Guys always want to chime in on things they haven't used or experienced themselves...

50iu of lantus a day is pretty mild by bodybuilding standards. Pretty sure mike arnold and a few others say using that low of a dose of lantus doesn't do much but replace what our bodies would have naturally produced per day...which doesnt make much sense i guess besides the supposed increase in igf1 binding.

I don't see why you couldn't throw 4-5ius in with each meal..along with some BCAA/EAA with every meal. You wouldn't even need to increase your carbohydrates...4-5ius is just helping shuttle the carbs you're already having with every meal. Lantus is there to increase IGF-1..

sounds good to me. Just keep track of your blood glucose levels and keep the fat intake low..

Any proof that its overkill and wouldn't work? Guys always want to chime in on things they haven't used or experienced themselves...

50iu of lantus a day is pretty mild by bodybuilding standards. Pretty sure mike arnold and a few others say using that low of a dose of lantus doesn't do much but replace what our bodies would have naturally produced per day...which doesnt make much sense i guess besides the supposed increase in igf1 binding.

I don't see why you couldn't throw 4-5ius in with each meal..along with some BCAA/EAA with every meal. You wouldn't even need to increase your carbohydrates...4-5ius is just helping shuttle the carbs you're already having with every meal. Lantus is there to increase IGF-1..

sounds good to me. Just keep track of your blood glucose levels and keep the fat intake low..

Thanks man.
Also though big guys ise 50 to 100iu per day.
Idk what MA IS talking about. Lol

Ive heard alot recently on the triple slin approach; rapid, regular, and basal combined per pin. Seems highly recommended for HVW and SHVW bodybuilders.

Not much else to comment on than that, I do have questions on how anyone could lose fat or at least not put it on with insulin peaking every few hours?

Ive heard alot recently on the triple slin approach; rapid, regular, and basal combined per pin. Seems highly recommended for HVW and SHVW bodybuilders.

Not much else to comment on than that, I do have questions on how anyone could lose fat or at least not put it on with insulin peaking every few hours?

Long workouts with alot of volume like Milos recommends so your muscles are depleted and ready to uptake all the glycogen and aminos acids. With an Extremely low fat diet as well. My guess. But still fat gain is likely...but that's where the guys add in all the GH to offset that. Correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks man.
Also though big guys ise 50 to 100iu per day.
Idk what MA IS talking about. Lol

I don't know who you heard this from....

but I would seriously reconsider your source.

:cool:

I don't know who you heard this from....

but I would seriously reconsider your source.

:cool:

Too lazy to search but I think Mike Arnold said like 120iu with Lantus, if for growth. Otherwise you only replace endo production. I see where he's coming from. Also only one day per week to keep sensitivity high.

A friend of mine on prep right now had a refill day 5 weeks out yesterday. 50iu Lantus 11am and 20 iu Humalog preworkout at 3pm. Also 5iu with 6 meals during the day. BG was at fasted levels all day despite about 1000g carbs. 9am this morning BG was just below normal fasted range. Weight up 12lbs in 24h. Felt good throughout, said he feels like he's about to explode today, very good fullness. Pharma gh at 20iu for the past few weeks.
I feel uncomfortable with him doing more than 50iu
seeing as he was slightly hypo in the morning despite a large amount of carbs at bedtime..

No recommendation, just an anecdote.

I’ve seen MA state that as well. Although I’m using Levemir (cheaper and I’m cheap lol), I started at 30iu once AM and am now at 80iu once AM and my BG will still drop and I’ll be uncomfortable if I don’t eat a meal every 2-3 hours. A lot of people say it’s impossible to go hypo on long acting slin, but for myself I know it can happen.

I’ve seen MA state that as well. Although I’m using Levemir (cheaper and I’m cheap lol), I started at 30iu once AM and am now at 80iu once AM and my BG will still drop and I’ll be uncomfortable if I don’t eat a meal every 2-3 hours. A lot of people say it’s impossible to go hypo on long acting slin, but for myself I know it can happen.

Compare to lantus. In your experience

Compare to lantus. In your experience

Never tried lantus. It was twice the price. I’m making good progress like this. I’ve tried humalin-r 3x a day and log at every meal as well. Levemir doesn’t have the spikes like those protocols so I’m enjoying it. Log every meal was very aggressive and I bloated up and felt miserable.

Lets see some pics where you bros are needing 500g/1k carbs weeks on end to grow. So you're sitting at a solid 250 right? :rolleyes:

Lets see some pics where you bros are needing 500g/1k carbs weeks on end to grow. So you're sitting at a solid 250 right? :rolleyes:

236 this morning, soft, maybe low teens bf? I'm more concerned with slow and steady weight gain, strength gains, and keeping my body digesting food well. My carbs were at 350g/day for a while, then 400g/day, then 450g/day, now I think the actual number is 480g for a typical day.

Well I just saw this by Shelby on FB

If anyone’s interested here is a look at Sarah Fechter’s diet and cardio at the end of her offseason this year / 16 weeks out, then again at the end of her contest prep where she ended up in a 3-way tie for first at the St Louis Pro.

16 weeks out - bodyweight mid 150s
Cardio – 2 moderate sessions per week, 30 minutes each
Training days - 210g protein, 500-600g carbs, 65g fat
Rest Days – 210g protein, 200g carbs, 65g fat
Cheat meals – 2 per week

End of Prep – bodyweight mid 130s
Cardio – 40 minutes AM and 25 minutes PM daily (a good portion of this was HIIT)
All days - 210g protein, 40g carbs, 25g fat
Refeeds - as needed, typically one per week

Mid 150s female at the start of prep having 500-600 carbs. It's nuts what some can get away with. My bro I wrote of above is at 200 carbs and 350 protein 16 weeks out - at 235lbs. It's interesting and I amazing to me. I think some of his male clients have been at like 400-500 carbs at end of diet. No, I doubt it's because of massive drugs, but at the same time I wonder if metabolisms really differ that much between individuals.

Done this and I will say i strongly advise against it. I ran 100iu-200iu Lantus with 15iu of rapid each meal for 4 months, Ruined my insulin sentivity for years. Gains were nothing insane. I have about 20 boxes of Lantus I’ll never touch. I only use slin pre and post now

Never tried lantus. It was twice the price. I’m making good progress like this. I’ve tried humalin-r 3x a day and log at every meal as well. Levemir doesn’t have the spikes like those protocols so I’m enjoying it. Log every meal was very aggressive and I bloated up and felt miserable.
How much log did u use

I didn't like the lantus too much, I really liked the levemir but honestly, the tresiba is the best insulin I've used as far as basal goes. I add in humulin-r 40 minutes prior to each meal and get on just fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity