YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would mk-677 and gw501516 be synergistic?

Big Ian

Registered
So I’ve used mk fairly extensively over the last few years and like the benefits it brings me but had a break from it for the last couple of months and have just started a cut/recomp.

Never used gw before but have been reading about it and am curious as to whether these two would be synergistic as mk is said to induce insulin resistance whereas gw appears to increase insulin sensitivity. So along with all the other benefits gw supposedly gives I can imagine these two being the perfect addition to a cut/recomp, I have used berberine with mk before and quite liked the results but am concerned that berberine and the like are said to reduce mtor as I want to make the most of this cycle as I only do one a year these days ahead of summer and the rest of the year cruise at 125mg test e per week.

Anyone tried this combo and if so what did you think? I’ve read a few people say that gw made their muscles feel/appear flat which would surely be the opposite of what you’d expect with increased insulin sensitivity?

Thanks

That would scare me -- a drug that looks like it promotes cancer and one that would make cancers grow if they start.

That would scare me -- a drug that looks like it promotes cancer and one that would make cancers grow if they start.

I think you need to go look over the studies and doses being used more and then come back and give your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to go look over the studies and doses being used more and then come back and give your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fact, some recent studies show the opposite. I can't find them right now though :p

Isobolographic analysis of these two drugs would need in-depth quantitative measures to determine if there's either additive effects, synergistic effects or even possible antagonism.

Simply put, this is way above any pseudo-biochemist spewing brolore could do.

Last edited:

Does this really need to be brought up literally every time there is a Cardarine/GW501516 thread

I'm back on MK...but only at 12.5 mg a day. My BG levels are fine. Last time I did it I ran it for almost 3 months straight at 25mg...and had my BG tested at work when our "Healthy Coach/Nurse" for our insurance showed up for her monthly visit.

By the time she had got to me, I had already had 1 Intra shake with carbs, and 1 solid meal with carbs...and my reading was still in the lower 80's.

Just make sure you are eating healthy and consuming most of your carbs for the day around your workout...and I think you would be fine.

But if worried....test it. Both my parents are type 2's, so I have all kind of meters and test strips at the house that they give me when they get the newest "latest and greatest" equipment.

I've tested mine since I was a teenager on a regular basis...mostly out of curiosity of how certain foods affected me.

Isobolographic analysis of these two drugs would need in-depth quantitative measures to determine if there's either additive effects, synergistic effects or even possible antagonism.

Simply put, this is way above any pseudo-biochemist spewing brolore could do.

Lol no need to bust my balls bud I’m only asking for opinions on a message board bud to see if anyone had tried them together. I’m aware of the limitations of that but there are some pretty clever people on here.

A lot of people say many different drugs have a synergy together without without the need for isobolographic analysis.

Lol no need to bust my balls bud I’m only asking for opinions on a message board bud to see if anyone had tried them together. I’m aware of the limitations of that but there are some pretty clever people on here.

A lot of people say many different drugs have a synergy together without without the need for isobolographic analysis.

GW made it to where i could train forever, and MK gives me wicked pumps, strength, and joint support while training. Both should help reduce body fat on a clean diet. I doubt GW will help reduce MK bloat. IGF1-LR3 helps with that. I would imagine there would be synergy during training sessions in terms of amazing workouts!

I wonder if gw would help some with the lethargy that comes when using mk?

I'd rather try actual growth hormone with gw for a cut / recomp. MK-677 sends my appetite through the roof. No other compound has boosted my appetite to that degree.

there's zero studies that prove gw does anything at all for humans.
just anecdotal word of mouth.
im trying it anyway cuz why not?
stewie is right tho.
just try it and see what happens.

The cancer studies were done on mice...mice that I believe were given carcinogenic material along with high doses of GW to purposely elicit cancer.

Gw makes my blood work look great. Ive used it with tren to avoid shortness of breathe and effects on my cardiovascular system.

Higher dosages did seem to give me a euphora in the gym. Similar to slin before you go hypo haha. I could see how maybe this would combat lethargy on MK. It will go away eventually but it takes time.

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

The cancer studies were done on mice...mice that I believe were given carcinogenic material along with high doses of GW to purposely elicit cancer.

Gw makes my blood work look great. Ive used it with tren to avoid shortness of breathe and effects on my cardiovascular system.

Higher dosages did seem to give me a euphora in the gym. Similar to slin before you go hypo haha. I could see how maybe this would combat lethargy on MK. It will go away eventually but it takes time.

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

The amounts used in these mice studies were very high doses. The equivalent of a grown man taking several grams a day....and not the mg amounts that bodybuilders are using GW in. Also, there is emerging research that GW as well as other PPAR's actually help reduce existing cancers

In contrast to the conflicting data on the role of PPARβ/δ in cancer prevention and enhancement, the evidence is more uniform and compelling in favour of a role for PPARγ in the treatment of lung cancer. In this regard, decreased expression of PPARγ has been associated with poor prognosis in lung cancer patients (Sasaki et al., 2002) and activating PPARγ by either endogenous or synthetic agonists was found to inhibit growth of human lung cancer cells (Tsubouchi et al., 2000). Transgenic mice that over‐expressed PPARγ in their lungs were less susceptible to the development of lung tumours (Bren‐Mattison et al., 2008). This receptor isotype may also mediate selective inhibition of invasive metastasis and activates pathways such as those involved in the anti‐tumour effect of prostacyclin (Nemenoff et al., 2008) and COX‐2 down‐regulation (Hazra et al., 2008), which promote a more differentiated epithelial phenotype (Bren‐Mattison et al., 2005).

I get what you're saying. Wanting to know if they compliment each other like a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

And here I get all technically n-stuff :D

Dunno, never mixed thee two.

I get what you're saying. Wanting to know if they compliment each other like a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

And here I get all technically n-stuff :D

Dunno, never mixed thee two.

Something I was going to mention, but saw you already had...
Far too many people use the word synergistic when they really mean a [positive] additive effect.

Far too many people use the word synergistic when they really mean a [positive] additive effect.

Guilty as charged :eek: lol

Yes, it gets thrown around very, very loosely.

Ross Erstling was notorious for blatantly misusing the term, synergistically. Then he went full blown vegan cuz the poor little fishies limbic system was compromised. They have feelings, don't cha know :D

Poor ole Ross, he was entertainment, for sure.

I'd rather try actual growth hormone with gw for a cut / recomp. MK-677 sends my appetite through the roof. No other compound has boosted my appetite to that degree.
Same here....no bloat, no lethargy, but I could eat 24/7 on this stuff!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner