over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gyms in LA and around

SephBB

Registered
Hi Lads

My girl and I are going to visit LA for 14 days, we are from Denmark.
I need some gym recommendations for our holiday, ofc we are going to visit Gols, but its damm expensive 100 dollar for a week :eek:

No worries dude. I'm an LA guy.

1. Golds - by far the best.
2. Metroflex Long Beach is pretty decent.
3. Powerhouse Gym Torrance is also worth visiting.

Those are the big 3...Golds being leaps and bounds better.

No worries dude. I'm an LA guy.

1. Golds - by far the best.
2. Metroflex Long Beach is pretty decent.
3. Powerhouse Gym Torrance is also worth visiting.

Those are the big 3...Golds being leaps and bounds better.

OP, first off, I hope you're getting a rental. LA is likely a lot bigger than you're thinking. I definitely vote for the first two mentioned..and then I'd say Zoo Culture in Woodland Hills. If you have the time to take a 2hr roadtrip, World Gym San Diego is my favorite gym in the USA.

Last edited:
OP, first off, I hope you're getting a rental. LA is likely a lot bigger than you're thinking. I definitely vote for the first two mentioned..and then I'd say Zoo Culture in Woodland Hills. If you have the time to take a 2hr roadtrip, World Gym San Diego is my favorite gym in the USA.

Ahhh World Gym in SD is amazzzzing.
Not a huge fan of Zoo Culture...too small and not enough equipment for me personally. Brad is a nice guy though.

Knight I appreciate your input, thank you!
Actually we are planning to stay for in LA for 5-8 days, then drive to San Diego, and stay for the last couple of days.

Can you or somebody else recommend some cheap rentals companys?

Ahhh World Gym in SD is amazzzzing.
Not a huge fan of Zoo Culture...too small and not enough equipment for me personally. Brad is a nice guy though.

that's surprising to hear about zoo culture... from some of the videos i've seen on youtube, it seems like they have just about EVERYTHING... tons of strongman equipment, belt squat machine, etc...

is that not the case? just curious

that's surprising to hear about zoo culture... from some of the videos i've seen on youtube, it seems like they have just about EVERYTHING... tons of strongman equipment, belt squat machine, etc...

is that not the case? just curious

muuuch smaller than what is shown. I get it though, he bought small warehouse property and is going to expand. Its ideal for PLing/Crossfit/Olympic lifting and maybe some strongman equipment (mayb 4-5 squat/clean platforms inside) but if you are a BBing dude, huge lack of equipment.

the BEST thing about Gold's is that if someone is using a leg press, there are 7 other unique and different leg presses to use. variety of equipment is my favorite.

Knight I appreciate your input, thank you!
Actually we are planning to stay for in LA for 5-8 days, then drive to San Diego, and stay for the last couple of days.

Can you or somebody else recommend some cheap rentals companys?

Bro! You are doing it right. LA for several and SD for 2-3 days is a great idea. Rentals I assume you are meaning cars...I always use priceline or orbitz or usually expedia and get it from the time I land to the time I fly out. It may end up being 40 to 50 per day but that beats uber or lyft or taxis everywhere.

The drive to San Diego is awesome. If you are in a rush take the freeway...but what I always love doing is (when in LA) drive north on the PCH to Point Mugu...stop and hike at Point Dume and go to the beach at Zuma which is right next to it. If you want a cool other place to hike down to...El Matador State Beach is amazing to walk down to from the PCH. Everything I have mentioned here can be done in 2 hrs.

When you're ready to go to San Diego, jump on the freeway and if you have time, get off at Seal Beach and drive the Pacific Coast Highway down through Huntington Beach(stop for coffee or ice cream), Newport Beach/Balboa Island, and stop again at Laguna Beach (Nick's is a great spot for a meal). Personally, I'd stay in Laguna for a day because it is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite places...keep in mind I am an east coast guy that is planning to live the rest of my life on the west coast soon...I am very familiar with it as I go out there a couple times a year. You will have to jump back on the highway around Dana Point and you can either take that into San Diego or you can go back to the coast along Carlsbad or Oceanside and cruise down as well. It's an absolutely beautiful drive, so if you can afford the time during the daylight...do it. A convertible will make it even better. San Diego...World Gym is a must and if you'd like to take the lady to a nice meal, take her to Duke's in La Jolla.

Last edited:
Bro! You are doing it right. LA for several and SD for 2-3 days is a great idea. Rentals I assume you are meaning cars...I always use priceline or orbitz or usually expedia and get it from the time I land to the time I fly out. It may end up being 40 to 50 per day but that beats uber or lyft or taxis everywhere.

The drive to San Diego is awesome. If you are in a rush take the freeway...but what I always love doing is (when in LA) drive north on the PCH to Point Mugu...stop and hike at Point Dume and go to the beach at Zuma which is right next to it. If you want a cool other place to hike down to...El Matador State Beach is amazing to walk down to from the PCH. Everything I have mentioned here can be done in 2 hrs.

When you're ready to go to San Diego, jump on the freeway and if you have time, get off at Seal Beach and drive the Pacific Coast Highway down through Huntington Beach(stop for coffee or ice cream), Newport Beach/Balboa Island, and stop again at Laguna Beach (Nick's is a great spot for a meal). Personally, I'd stay in Laguna for a day because it is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite places...keep in mind I am an east coast guy that is planning to live the rest of my life on the west coast soon...I am very familiar with it as I go out there a couple times a year. You will have to jump back on the highway around Dana Point and you can either take that into San Diego or you can go back to the coast along Carlsbad or Oceanside and cruise down as well. It's an absolutely beautiful drive, so if you can afford the time during the daylight...do it. A convertible will make it even better. San Diego...World Gym is a must and if you'd like to take the lady to a nice meal, take her to Duke's in La Jolla.
That's some great advice!

muuuch smaller than what is shown. I get it though, he bought small warehouse property and is going to expand. Its ideal for PLing/Crossfit/Olympic lifting and maybe some strongman equipment (mayb 4-5 squat/clean platforms inside) but if you are a BBing dude, huge lack of equipment.

the BEST thing about Gold's is that if someone is using a leg press, there are 7 other unique and different leg presses to use. variety of equipment is my favorite.
It looks definitely focused on powerlifting, crossfit type stuff. Compared to a big bbing gym it's not going to have a whole lot of machines. Has better bars, and some "functional" training stuff like prowlers. Has mostly elitefts equipment which is definitely not a bbing brand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner