YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Broke my nose from a fight, is it ok to do light training.

Musclebounddestiny

Newbies
Had a MMA fight and had my nose broken( I won). Is it ok to do light weightlifting? Or will this cause bleeding and make my nose worse. Am gonna try to see a doctor sometime this week. But what is your opinion should I be ok to train light? No fight training or martial arts for a while I know I’m just talking working out in general.

You definitely want to minimize the pressure in that region so I wouldn't do dead lifts, squats etc. Just more isolation moves initially.

I used to box and got a smashed nose, not a broken nose I was fine to train.

Ive also had a concussion being hit hard twice in the same fight being knocked out and trained fine. My low back was a little weak for a few days bc the pressure goes down your spine when hit on the button

only way to know is go and do it

Broken nose here three times. I would limit my lift to isolated, movements, nothing all out for a few weeks. Last time my nose was broke, the huge gauze strips they shoved into my sinuses for two weeks, dried out and attached to the skin, I wasn't using the mineral oil drops enough. When the doctor ripped them out, I almost bled to death. Nose wouldn't stop and I lost about a pint right there in his office. Horrible experience. People think a broken nose is no big deal because it's cartilage, but trust me, it can be. Best to take it easy a few weeks and let it heal right.

boy you're lucky you weren't fighting concreter

LEADER OF THE PACK!!!!

I feel like you know the answer already and really just wanna talk about the fight lol what happened? Somebody say you pour concrete like a girl? That usually does it I’ve heard

I don’t pour concrete bro. And no I just want a answer to my question lol... but I agree with most people here..... take it easy for a few weeks use light weight preferably 50 percent of my normal intensity and avoid the compound movements like squats and deadlifts. I am still going to see a doc later this week though.

I would describe Myself as A Cross between Hulk Hogan and Bruce Lee.
Unless you have a Gun you Loose!

As far as your Broken Nose, If you were to Pic a bone to break in the Entire Body that would be IT!

is this a serious question? a broken nose shouldn't stop anyone from doing anything lol and your a fucking mma fighter and your concerned about a wittle bwoken nose you poor thing give me a break dude

yes, OP.. what they say is true

your nose is fucked.. so training won't hurt it

however, after you get it fixed... you should take some time off lifting, because increasing your blood pressure (like during a lift) can cause issues with the repair..

then again, if you are going to keep fighting.. I don't see the point in sinking money into your fucked up face

You seriously shouldn't worry about fixing your snout until you feel sure that you are done getting it smashed. I had an uncanny knack for getting my twat sniffer broken when I was younger - and played ball with it that way a couple of times - so you will be fine.

The 1st time I broke my Nose I was about 13. Caught a shoulder right on the button playing weekend Warrior football.
Played a few more hours no problem. When I got home my Mom said your Nose is crooked! Walked right up and set it instantly....
I asked how's it Look and went about my Day....

The other 2 times were Obviously Fighting and the only bad part is keeping your Eyes from watering while you finish him Off!

Attachments

• thIRGWBJCO.jpg
    thIRGWBJCO.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 144

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member