over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clothing, shirts you wear!

dale338

Registered
I know this has been discussed here before, as it’s got to be an issue for many of you. Properly fitting shirts is a pain in the ass for me. I’m 6’1” about 225, probably run 14-16% BF. Even at that, in most button-up dress shirts, I just look fat. They don’t fit right. So to counter this, I wear t-shirts 99% of the time. The only t-shirts that seem to really fit right are viewed as “douche” by the general public. Affliction, American fighter etc. and at age 50, getting too old to sportin those anyhow. The only reason I even wear them is because they tapper in and fit my build right in extra large. There’re not flared out at the waste like most large t-shirts. So I buy those. But I don’t always want to look like a MMA, douche. Lol. Any suggestion?

Years ago I went to the tailor and purchased a bunch of dress shirts and had them sized. But at $25 a pop, it adds up quick.

Last edited:
I've been using Untuckit.

Since I'm short....most shirts that fit me in the shoulders and stuff hang way too low and look frumpy.

With these, they are designed to be worn untucked. They look nice, wide selection, and fit great as they look like they were a tailored fit on me.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Since I'm short....most shirts that fit me in the shoulders and stuff hang way too low and look frumpy.

With these, they are designed to be worn untucked. They look nice, wide selection, and fit great as they look like they were a tailored fit on me.

I always wondered about untuckit being a short guy myself. Good to hear positive review from you. I'll have to check it out.

I've also been wondering about these. Saw their commercial, but was on the fence. I think you just made up my mind.

Best advice, get one shirt per month. Doesn't hit the bank as hard. Have you ever tried polyester polos?

I personally love the Carhartt dry-fit t-shirts. Super comfy , fit nicely and run from 20-30$ a pop. You can get them at Dick's sporting goods or other similar places. They have some nice button up aoso.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I get my Dress Shirts Fitted.
If not, I look like "Omar the Tent Maker" made them, sometimes I'll get them Tailored.
But I'm in Philly, so lots of Good Tailors that won't take you to the Poor House.

As for T-Shirts or Tank-Tops, I'm always on the Hunt for something different.
So sometimes it's Old Navy, or I just bought some that were On-Sale through Amazon ~ Hanes Fresh-IQ Comfort Soft.
Not looking to Pay alot for these, mostly get them when Sales are going on, as I go through them quickly.......................... JP

The only t-shirts that seem to really fit right are viewed as “douche” by the general public.
Is there a Kohls near you? They sell a plain t-shirt made by Urban Pipeline in about a dozen different colors and they fit well.

For work, I have several dry-fit type golf shirts. They're made by a company called PGA TOUR and it's their men's Performance Airflux Polo Shirt. Several sellers on eBay sell new ones.

For dress shirts, I buy Lands End tailored shirts.

If your talking about getting a good deal on like a polo dress shirt, sometimes TJ Maxx has them for like 20 dollars brand new. My girl has found me some really good deals.

In general for t shirts you want something with a side seam for taper rather than tubular knit construction. It's hard to have taper with tubular knit. Uniqlo is probably the best fit for short guys and next level for taller guys in the inexpensive price bracket.

In general I get my casual shirts hemmed a little, I think it's about $8 if I get 4-5 done at a time. It's worth it to have them hit at the midpoint between crotch and button and doesn't make you look as short/stocky. Again this is casual shirts. For dress shirts you will need custom or alterations.... alternatively just wear your jacket and leave it on. Jacket being tailored goes without saying.

I always wondered about untuckit being a short guy myself. Good to hear positive review from you. I'll have to check it out.
Yeah....I got quite a few different styles from them. Think I bought 2 to start with and see how they felt.

I really liked them, and had just been picking one up here and there if I see something I like on their email they send out.

I only wear solid color shirts from target

which happens to be where I get my shorts...

..which are also solid color

I'm tall, it's hard to find shirts that are long enough but that also aren't boxy and wide at the waist.

The old mossimo t shirts from target were nice but they quit making them.. Now I just do hanes tees and stretch them length wise and let them air dry.

Most dress shirts are fine, except a lot of express shirts, their XLs are like mediums.

The hanes brand 3 pack of shirts. White, gray or black. $10 for 3! I tried the urban pipeline ones from Kohl’s but they were too tight on my arms and I really don’t have that big of arms. I just hate tight fitting clothes.

I'm a lil shorter than you, i'm 5'9'', same weight (225), broad shoulders & 34'' inch waist. Just attended a wedding and needed a new dress shirt and pants. Ended up buying ALFANI shirt and slacks. Both fit really well. As for casual shirts, i've been wearing a lot of ROGUE AMERICAN APPAREL. It's a veteran owned company. Very soft fabric and they almost look tailored, due them tapering in at the waist. They have some pretty cool sayings/designs as well.

I'm a lil shorter than you, i'm 5'9'', same weight (225), broad shoulders & 34'' inch waist. Just attended a wedding and needed a new dress shirt and pants. Ended up buying ALFANI shirt and slacks. Both fit really well. As for casual shirts, i've been wearing a lot of ROGUE AMERICAN APPAREL. It's a veteran owned company. Very soft fabric and they almost look tailored, due them tapering in at the waist. They have some pretty cool sayings/designs as well.

This is the stuff I'm looking for. A little alternative, creative, not preppy, but not the Affliction, MMA stuff either. Most women find that stuff douche and they have told me so many times. LOL. But at the same time they don't care for the preppy, clean cut look either. So it's a balance. The Rogue American seem to fit that criteria. But for me, the fit is always the biggest issue. 99% of shirts that are bigger in the chest and shoulders do not tapper at the waist.

I only shop at a few places. Mainly because they have athletic fit and stretch clothes.
-mens Express for V necks and Ts. Dress shirts are athletic cut and stretchy.
-Buckle- Athletic cut and also stretch jeans
- Kohls- Most of my new dress shirts are from here. Slim/athletic cut, stretch material, flex neck, even stretchy ties. Cheap. Also buy Levis 541 athletic cut/stretch jeans here.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131