YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnesium/calcium to reduce high blood pressure?

I'm real confused at the moment.. I don't know if I'm running on lack of sleep or what.. I've heard Dr. Rand McClain say that he has many of his athletes take 2grams(2,000mg) Magnesium Glycinate with their biggest meal/dinner. This has always been mind blowing to me because with Doctor's Best tablets, that would be 20 of them daily at once. I briefly posed a question to Dr. McClain months ago and he said he likes to use a brand that has 300mg Magnesium Glycinate per capsule. When I went to go buy that product, they had reformulated it to only contain 125 or 150mg per capsule.

Regardless, this pic shows the back of Doctor's Best Magnesium Glycinate powder and it says each serving is 2g of Magnesium Glycinate. 2g of Mag Glycinate appears to be 200mg elemental magnesium.

So would him referring to his clients taking 2g be 10 scoops or 1 scoop? :confused:

Attachments

• 152611_2.jpg
    152611_2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 170
It's not the main ingredient in carditone. Rauvolfia is

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

carditone-60-tablets-by-ayush-herbs-extra4.jpg

Keep in mind that there are a lot of "knock offs" of Carditone.....It's one reason why Amazon pulled them last year although I don't know if they are selling again. I've used it before and immediately knew it wasn't right as my bp numbers changed in a matter of 2 days.

If I remember, I will post a pic of mine tomorrow. I buy directly from the Ayush (manufacture) site and they have warned of this in the past.

My label is completely different. But numbers came back in line as before as soon as I started these.

I think one of the only licensed distributor they have that they endorse is Vitamin Shoppe.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that there are a lot of "knock offs" of Carditone.....It's one reason why Amazon pulled them last year although I don't know if they are selling again. I've used it before and immediately knew it wasn't right as my bp numbers changed in a matter of 2 days.

If I remember, I will post a pic of mine tomorrow. I buy directly from the Ayush (manufacture) site and they have warned of this in the past.

My label is completely different. But numbers came back in line as before as soon as I started these.

I think one of the only licensed distributor they have that they endorse is Vitamin Shoppe.

That’s a screenshot off of google of the RUVED brand. Which is what I use and I buy mine from a brick and mortar supplement store.

That’s a screenshot off of google of the RUVED brand. Which is what I use and I buy mine from a brick and mortar supplement store.

rauvolfia is what bp drug reserpine comes from. thats why carditone works so well. the added magnesium is nice but isnt what is helping the bp

rauvolfia is what bp drug reserpine comes from. thats why carditone works so well. the added magnesium is nice but isnt what is helping the bp

Ok. I wouldn’t have a god damn clue either way. I only mentioned it because this thread is about magnesium and that’s what’s listed as the main ingredient in the Carditone I use.

Ok. I wouldn’t have a god damn clue either way. I only mentioned it because this thread is about magnesium and that’s what’s listed as the main ingredient in the Carditone I use.

its just good to know since reserpine has some side effects. i think carditone is one of the best health supplements a person on steroids could use. keeps bp under control and heart rate nice and low.

its just good to know since reserpine has some side effects. i think carditone is one of the best health supplements a person on steroids could use. keeps bp under control and heart rate nice and low.

Telmisartan and Nebivolol are better options than Carditone

Yeah....but what I was getting at is that there were some counterfeits going on with RUVED.....so not sure what gives with the label.

Mine comes directly from them out of Washington State I believe, and the ingredient label is completely different. I still need to snap a photo of it to post!

Yeah....but what I was getting at is that there were some counterfeits going on with RUVED.....so not sure what gives with the label.

Mine comes directly from them out of Washington State I believe, and the ingredient label is completely different. I still need to snap a photo of it to post!

I understand. I live in Washington state and buy mine at SuperSupplements.

Telmisartan and Nebivolol are better options than Carditone

Based on the numbers ive seen i somewhat disagree. I do take Telmisartan also. I have never used Nebivolol but I much prefer carditone to metoprolol. Everyone is different though. Drinking more water and doing more cardio has made a world of difference for my bp. Usually sitting 120/70s at 250 lb range

Last edited:
Based on the numbers ive seen i somewhat disagree. I do take Telmisartan also. I have never used Nebivolol but I much prefer carditone to metoprolol. Everyone is different though. Drinking more water and doing more cardio has made a world of difference for my bp. Usually sitting 120/70s at 250 lb range

Actually let me clarify that I find carditone to be more effective at reducing BP than Telmisartan. I just like the longevity and heart benefits of Telmisartan directly that carditone doesn't cause, not to mention carditone can harm neurotransmitters.

Actually let me clarify that I find carditone to be more effective at reducing BP than Telmisartan. I just like the longevity and heart benefits of Telmisartan directly that carditone doesn't cause, not to mention carditone can harm neurotransmitters.

I think taking time off of carditone is a good idea to allow the neurotransmitters to repair and replenish. Telmisartan plus carditone is a nice bp stack :headbang:

I think taking time off of carditone is a good idea to allow the neurotransmitters to repair and replenish. Telmisartan plus carditone is a nice bp stack :headbang:

Agreed. I used to do that but replaced carditone with nebivolol. I find the nebivolol lowers resting heart rate more than carditone and is great for prevention of any type of heart ailment

There is virtually no reason why anyone on this site shouldn't be using magnesium to begin with (unless they have a genetically normal/high level, which is less common than not).

As far as calcium goes, make sure you keep a close eye on your blood level of it since elevated calcium is dangerous.

This is the truth!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner