over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jay versus Dennis Wolf-2008 Olympia

Dennis does look pretty damn good.
In my opinion the only thing he lacked was size compared to Jay.
Jay's conditioning was off obviously but as he started to pose you can see he started to tighten up.
With that being said I wonder if we can find some more footage??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Aloha PM,

Wolf took 4th. Jay got 2nd. These comparisons shots side by side-Wolf looks very sharp and full, IMHO.

https://youtu.be/UA-LrwjPntA

A hui ho,
V

Dennis does look pretty damn good.
In my opinion the only thing he lacked was size compared to Jay.
Jay's conditioning was off obviously but as he started to pose you can see he started to tighten up.
With that being said I wonder if we can find some more footage??

I was there in Vegas for this too...and it was very obvious. I thought Wolf could've won the show. He looked fucking tremendous. You won't find any footage of them posing next to each other because the judges wouldn't put them side by side....you can figure out why.

Dennis had been working with Milos.

Jay all day, his condition was good but he took too many diuretics and was flat. Even so, I think he was better than Dexter.

I was there in Vegas for this too...and it was very obvious. I thought Wolf could've won the show. He looked fucking tremendous. You won't find any footage of them posing next to each other because the judges wouldn't put them side by side....you can figure out why.

This is the feedback I was looking for.... It's awesome that you were there.... Pictures never do justice and I haven't been able to find any footage of them side by side...

Did Jay look more massive than Dennis in person??
In your opinion, who would have been your top 5 placings??

It sucks they wouldn't compare the two. I feel thats why bodybuilding looses viewers and fans. I would like to see a close match than have this stupid controversy without any comparisons.

Last edited:
Dennis looked way better all the way around, IMO. He's gotten the shaft so many times that it's sickening. I hate the politics and favoritism that's so predominant these days. Another reason why I think it's sucks so bad is because I met Dennis before and spoke to him briefly and he seemed to be a really nice guy. He wasn't one of those all too common, arrogant people that you can't stand talking to after the first 30 seconds of them opening their mouths. He seemed very humble, very nice, and really didn't mind talking or taking time for a quick picture with me either. I hope one day the BS stops and he gets awarded the true placings that he deserves.

Here is a side by side pic, think this is from the right contest.

Attachments

• thMD57XUFW.jpg
    thMD57XUFW.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 188
Dennis looks better to me in that video, except for maybe from the back. Results. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Mr._Olympia Dennis' score was nowhere near as good as Jay's either. I don't know how that happened.
That's strange that you say that about his back. I felt like he looked way better in the back double bicep shot than Jay did. I guess we just appreciate different things.

That's strange that you say that about his back. I felt like he looked way better in the back double bicep shot than Jay did. I guess we just appreciate different things.

I was looking more at the back lat spread. Jay has another degree of thickness there but is too smooth from water retention it seems. They say as the night wore on Jay looked better and better. I still agree that Dennis shouldn't have placed 4th. Phil Heath beat him out too, not sure how he looked compared.

Prize Money difference

Wow, look at the difference in prize money between the two. Jay got nearly 2x as much as Dennis did. Wana get really sad, look at the Ms. Olympia prize money!

2008 Olympia Prize Money Breakdown Assumed

I was looking more at the back lat spread. Jay has another degree of thickness there but is too smooth from water retention it seems. They say as the night wore on Jay looked better and better. I still agree that Dennis shouldn't have placed 4th. Phil Heath beat him out too, not sure how he looked compared.
Yeah, his back is extremely thick. I guess what impressed me most about Dennis was his conditioning. He has the size, proportions, and definition that should have him placing higher and placing there more consistently.
It may just be my opinion, but it's more likely shared by plenty of others.

Last edited:
Dennis looked great! Sadly his best days are behind him..:(

I remember when Jay placed 6th in 2013 and that was ridiculous. Ramy came 8th that year and was miles better than Jay that day. It was the year he messed up a shot in his arm. The side by side pics/vids of him and Jay were obvious to anyone. We all know there is politics but that is one that sticks out. Obviously the guys missing out on the top place unfairly are what are remembered more and there have been quite a few were the champion seemed to get a 10 point head start before judging had started.

So why is Jay at a higher political pedigree than others? What is making him place higher? Is it the fact he has been around forever? Because he was picked up by Weider at a young age? GFP? Anyone know?

I remember when Jay placed 6th in 2013 and that was ridiculous. Ramy came 8th that year and was miles better than Jay that day. It was the year he messed up a shot in his arm. The side by side pics/vids of him and Jay were obvious to anyone. We all know there is politics but that is one that sticks out. Obviously the guys missing out on the top place unfairly are what are remembered more and there have been quite a few were the champion seemed to get a 10 point head start before judging had started.

Warren also beat Ramy, haha.

And Dexter has got a lot of gifts in the last few years.

If I'm not mistaken, 2008 was the first year he worked with Chad Nichols. He worked with Milos in 2007 (the year he took 5th place at the O' and everyone took notice), but then he switched to Chad in 2008 and moved up one place to 4th. His conditioning improved DRAMATICALLY from 2007 to 2008.

However, when he worked with Chad for the 2nd time in 2009 he was so off that he got like 15th place or something like that. He looked 6 weeks out when he walked onstage in 09'.

He dropped Chad after that and started working with an unknown (inexperienced) European guy. That year he came into the 2010 NY Pro so flat and small that he placed 3rd place, with Hidetada coming in 1st. That showing was BY FAR the worst look he ever displayed onstage, aside from Maybe the 09' Olympia, but the two looks were so contrasting that it is hard to say which was worse. At the 2009 Olympia he was massive, but horribly out of shape, while at the 2010 NY Pro he was ripped, but very flat and small.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws