over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting study on calorie cycling

cracker backer

Registered
Verified Customer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28925405/

Nice study. 2 weeks of hard calorie restriction, then 2 weeks of maintenance calories. Repeat cycles until goal is reached.

Thinking maybe you could take this approach and really hit the various fat loss agents hard (DNP? Clen? T3? Etc) for the 2 week restriction. Come off them for the 2 weeks maintenance. Back on for the next 2 weeks of restriction? Might give something like this a try...

it can work but switching back and forth bulk / cut so soon there is a lot of overlap to adjust to each goal . usually better to focus on gaining or cutting for several weeks imo

it can work but switching back and forth bulk / cut so soon there is a lot of overlap to adjust to each goal . usually better to focus on gaining or cutting for several weeks imo

Agree, alternating cutting/bulking in 2 week increments might not be optimal (any old guys like me remember from the 90's Bill Phillips "ABCDE" diet from muscle media 2000?? What a disaster that was!)

But in this case they weren't really "bulking" in the alternate 2 weeks. Just returning to maintenance level calories for 2 weeks, not surplus calls. then going back to 2 more weeks of 30-35% deficit. Giving the metabolism a "break" of sorts, rather than just going week after week of large calorie deficit. It would definitely be important to recalculate and adjust maintenance cals as weight drops, otherwise you would potentially be going back and forth with "cutting/bulking"

The concept of calorie cycling works great. Look up the anabolic burst cycling diet. They actually took bloods daily for 2 weeks of high cal then 2 weeks of low cal. High call (coming from a low cal state) spiked test, gh, igf, etc... the body went very anabolic and all that slowed at 2 weeks. The body adjusts to change very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28925405/

Nice study. 2 weeks of hard calorie restriction, then 2 weeks of maintenance calories. Repeat cycles until goal is reached.

Thinking maybe you could take this approach and really hit the various fat loss agents hard (DNP? Clen? T3? Etc) for the 2 week restriction. Come off them for the 2 weeks maintenance. Back on for the next 2 weeks of restriction? Might give something like this a try...

The concept of calorie cycling works great. Look up the anabolic burst cycling diet. They actually took bloods daily for 2 weeks of high cal then 2 weeks of low cal. High call (coming from a low cal state) spiked test, gh, igf, etc... the body went very anabolic and all that slowed at 2 weeks. The body adjusts to change very quickly.

yea, i remember reading about it back in the day. there were a few articles over at t-mag, I think they called it the "ABCDE Diet" or something like that..

[lang=nl]Check out Scott Abel's 'Cycle Diet'. It's basically (fairly hard) dieting until you are in 'supercompensation mode', then a full day of eating anything you want is added each week. It's a lot more fun than this intermittent diet and trust me, it works wonders. After a while you actually can't believe stuffing yourself with crap for an entire day each week leads to more fat loss over the long run as compared to not doing the food party day.

The major player behind this is Leptin as you probably now.[/lang]

[lang=nl]

That's interesting, I would expect the body to be very anabolic during a bulking phase right after a cutting phase and be very lypolitic during a cutting phase right after a bulking phase. I wouldn't expect it to stop being so after 2 weeks already but I can't say it surprises me...

We all remember the first time we 'bulked up' probably, you get massive gains in the beginning but quite soon already start to gain mostly fat.[/lang]

yea, i remember reading about it back in the day. there were a few articles over at t-mag, I think they called it the "ABCDE Diet" or something like that..

This is different though. That ABCDE or anabolic burst diet was 2 weeks of low calorie followed by 2 weeks of overeating or bulking. This study went from a big deficit back to only maintenance calories. They weren't trying to gain weight the 2 maintenance calorie weeks. This study's goal was prolonged fat loss with alternating low calorie weeks with maintenance calorie weeks. Not fat loss and muscle gain

This is different though. That ABCDE or anabolic burst diet was 2 weeks of low calorie followed by 2 weeks of overeating or bulking. This study went from a big deficit back to only maintenance calories. They weren't trying to gain weight the 2 maintenance calorie weeks. This study's goal was prolonged fat loss with alternating low calorie weeks with maintenance calorie weeks. Not fat loss and muscle gain

It`s the same concept but in the other direction. It`s about not allowing the body to adjust and adapt.

I'm going to be trying this. With psmf at the cutting portion.

I'm curious if anyone has done something like this using:

-Trt test always
-During the bulking phase, base compounds (esterless test, nandrolone, tren and an oral). Would be cool to use them in a transdermal form to cut down on injection volume too.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws