over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any camera gurus here?

Landmonster

Registered
This is slightly off topic, but probably relevant to many of us.

I'm in the market for a really high quality camera (for videos and still shots), that needs to be somewhat portable.

I've always known those huge DSLR cameras took amazing shots, but I've been resistant to dropping $1k on of them, and the idea of lugging around a giant camera bag is not very appealing. (even less so on a trip, where it might be a theft-target)

I'm not a pro photographer. This would be for vacations (like a beach, cruise ship etc), or in the gym, or general photo taking.

Is it worth buying a stand-alone camera these days over a high quality cell phone camera? (i.e., top end Galaxy or iPhone?)

I bought a middle of the road Nikon at Target for about $350 that has a nice lens on it. It isn't high end or anything near but it takes pictures a lot better than any phone on the market. There is no comparison. It also takes nice 1080 HD video too. I took it on vacation to Florida and was really happy with the footage and pictures I took. Easy to use for an idiot like me. It has a lot of features I don't use. I just point and shoot on auto. Buying something like that would be a good idea for you I think since it has features you can grow into and use later if you get more into photography. Mine has a lens that is fixed on it, but they sell some for about $100 more that have removable lenses so you can put other types on there. Not sure how much youre looking for.

So Im not knowledgeable about photography but thought you might like to hear my satisfaction of using a fairly simple and inexpensive Nikon camera. It is fairly large though and you will need to carry it in a bag.

Alfresco

Alfresco is one of our expert photographers on here. He takes awesome shots. Maybe he will chime in!

I bought a middle of the road Nikon at Target for about $350 that has a nice lens on it. It isn't high end or anything near but it takes pictures a lot better than any phone on the market. There is no comparison. It also takes nice 1080 HD video too. I took it on vacation to Florida and was really happy with the footage and pictures I took. Easy to use for an idiot like me. It has a lot of features I don't use. I just point and shoot on auto. Buying something like that would be a good idea for you I think since it has features you can grow into and use later if you get more into photography. Mine has a lens that is fixed on it, but they sell some for about $100 more that have removable lenses so you can put other types on there. Not sure how much youre looking for.

So Im not knowledgeable about photography but thought you might like to hear my satisfaction of using a fairly simple and inexpensive Nikon camera. It is fairly large though and you will need to carry it in a bag.

Model #? Is that DSLR?

Model #? Is that DSLR?

I have the Coolpix p530. I don't even know if they had DSLR back when I got it. Think I bought it about 4 years ago.

"COOLPIX P530: The new COOLPIX P530 also demonstrates the capabilities of NIKKOR optics through an astounding 42x optical zoom with a 24-1000mm range (35mm equivalent) and 84x Dynamic Fine Zoom* that gets the user even closer. This long-zoom offering affords the ability to capture subjects at otherwise unreachable distances in clear detail thanks to Lens Shift VR image stabilization, which helps minimize camera shake. At the core of the P530 is a 16.1-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor that delivers beautiful photos and Full HD 1080/60i videos. Whether a user is looking to grow their photography skills or wanting more control over every shot, the P530 includes full manual controls (P, S, A, M). To help frame stunning photos and HD videos, the COOLPIX P530 sports a 3.0-inch (7.5cm) LCD monitor and a built-in electronic viewfinder, while users can also share their creations with friends and family when connected to the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter."

Here it is for sale:

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPI...1526928927&sr=1-3&keywords=nikon+coolpix+p530
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/about-n...-Heart-of-Nikon's-Newest-COOLPIX-Cameras.html

Mirrorless camera's are common in the fitness industry and are very popular right now. Unless youre doing HD videos, its likely more than enough. I'd suggest a sony alpha, any model really, I just bought a used NEX 3L for $120 to pair with my Nikon DLSR.

Mirrorless camera's are common in the fitness industry and are very popular right now. Unless youre doing HD videos, its likely more than enough. I'd suggest a sony alpha, any model really, I just bought a used NEX 3L for $120 to pair with my Nikon DLSR.

Why are mirrorless cameras specifically popular for the fitness industry?

As opposed to a DSLR, or flagship cell phone? Just wondering honestly.

Why are mirrorless cameras specifically popular for the fitness industry?

As opposed to a DSLR, or flagship cell phone? Just wondering honestly.

Overkill, price, size, etc. The Mirrorless almost always have flipable screens so it's easy to record yourself, their 1/3rd of the weight, comparable quality, and half the price, and have interchangeable parts in which you can customize.

Not a Guru but . . .

I am a full-time professional freelance photographer; movie and TV stills and stock photography who
knows a little bit about photography, but even less about what is currently out there cameras wise.
Am not an equipment ‘geek’ so please bear this in mind.

I use a Canon IDX, 35mm, with L Series lenses. Probably more than you need but just a point of reference.

My wife, an excellent photographer, uses a Canon G7X. (I think there is a Mark II now.) It is a point-and-
shoot w/zoom. She has walked from Mexico to Canada with it around her neck. Under the ‘right
conditions’ its images can pass as professional 35mm quality. She also uses her smart phone (Apple iPhone)
and various ‘aps’ to very good effect.

I think the question that first comes to my mind is how and where will the images be used? If it’s just
for web use you can probably get away with a smart phone + aps but for prints, and this is just my
opinion, then you might need a dedicated point and shoot camera or DSLR. There are so of them many
out there now that I would not feel confidant or knowledgeable enough to recommend anything other
than what I have used. I don’t own a smart phone (my wife says I am too stupid for a smart phone)
but have seen what my wife can do with various aps and they look pretty good on the phone or
in an email but have never seen prints from her smart phone but have from her Canon G7X and they
are good.

I have never seen video from my camera (do not know how to do it) or from the G7X.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity