over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mk-677 this was news to me.

powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/advices-radio/id1104299645?mt=2&i=1000408724200

Not sure if the link will work. If it doesn’t u can find it at advice ration muscle minds with dr Scott. 59 minuets in.

Basically old studies that show the amount of Gh secreted on day 1 compared to day 7. Dosed at 25mg. By day 7 it was almost like it had stoped working. Igf remains elevated for some time after largely due to its nature to hold on longer after elevated. He mentioned that it might have a longer lasting effect at lower doses.

I personally don’t have much experience with it. I have ran it a few time for shot runs. It kill my blood glucose. Also I’m a bloated mess on it. I have never waited long enough for it to go away.

It would be interesting to see if there are studies out there that show how it working around one month marker. Or someone that has been using it alone for a while with igf3 test done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Studies show HGH output is highest for a week but hgh output is still half of that long term, and IGF1 keeps increasing even after one full year at 25mg per night.
I prefer 12.5mg per night. I run it for 2 months then take a month off. It makes me very full, my strength always jumps 20% and stays there, my joints and old injuries feel support. The lethargia is a bit rough. I’d say it’s the absolute best non-AAS product there is. The fullness is on par with dbol.

I just use it because it is anti catabolic and I need all the help I can get with what im doing to myself :eek:

I just use it because it is anti catabolic and I need all the help I can get with what im doing to myself :eek:
Same. I moved my dnp up to 400 for my last week and it's kicking my ass. The mk keeps me full and vascular

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

guess now is a good time to say that im using Mike Arnold's Mk677, and it delivers everything that it is supposed to

Studies show HGH output is highest for a week but hgh output is still half of that long term, and IGF1 keeps increasing even after one full year at 25mg per night.

I prefer 12.5mg per night. I run it for 2 months then take a month off. It makes me very full, my strength always jumps 20% and stays there, my joints and old injuries feel support. The lethargia is a bit rough. I’d say it’s the absolute best non-AAS product there is. The fullness is on par with dbol.

Nice I’m sure he would like to see the study

Nice I’m sure he would like to see the study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757071/

Here is a chart showing HGH and IGF1 at day #1, 6 months of 25mg MK-677, and 12 months of 25mg MK-677, and the HGH pulse timing release for a 24 hour period.

As you can see MK-677 keeps working just as well after 1 year. Be careful which “guru” you listen too because most don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground. Use pubmed.com to do your own research on various peptides, research liquids, etc.

Attachments

• 2684096E-2043-43BA-81DF-405239BBAF1B.jpeg
    2684096E-2043-43BA-81DF-405239BBAF1B.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Been using some local store bought MK a while and getting some of MAs asap!
I have had one guru say it does nothing and another doc/guru highly recommend it...love that :confused:

Been using some local store bought MK a while and getting some of MAs asap!
I have had one guru say it does nothing and another doc/guru highly recommend it...love that :confused:

Anyone stupid enough to say it doesn’t do anything obviously hasn’t used it.

every study i've seen didnt show performance to go down after time, so I see no reason to pulse it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/advices-radio/id1104299645?mt=2&i=1000408724200

Not sure if the link will work. If it doesn’t u can find it at advice ration muscle minds with dr Scott. 59 minuets in.

Basically old studies that show the amount of Gh secreted on day 1 compared to day 7. Dosed at 25mg. By day 7 it was almost like it had stoped working. Igf remains elevated for some time after largely due to its nature to hold on longer after elevated. He mentioned that it might have a longer lasting effect at lower doses.

I personally don’t have much experience with it. I have ran it a few time for shot runs. It kill my blood glucose. Also I’m a bloated mess on it. I have never waited long enough for it to go away.

It would be interesting to see if there are studies out there that show how it working around one month marker. Or someone that has been using it alone for a while with igf3 test done

I have a couple tests I can post. Low number is where I'm normally at. I've never went and specifically went to get labs for my igf, I've just added that panel in at random times out of curiosity. It's always been this area-within a few points.

I'm running 12.5 somatozine right now and decided to check igf levels after about a month. I'm assuming this is good? I really wouldn't know. Never really ventured outside of aas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trying to post pics. Baseline was 194. Raised level on the 12.5 mg was 249. I'll try and get my taptalk to work

Ah. I think I dont have enough posts. Shit. Will have to go spam it up somewhere lol

Ah. I think I dont have enough posts. Shit. Will have to go spam it up somewhere lol

The problem is tapatalk. You don’t need a certain number of posts to post a picture. Tapatalk sucks!

That's a good igf-1 raise BBsouth !

With the money I save not having to buy GH monthly, I have spent a small portion of the money buying top sirloin in bulk at costco (and put the rest of money in 401k) and cook on my electric grill (super easy clean up, just replace foil in round plate catch below the grill) at 450 degree F outside on porch, no mess like cooking/broil splatter in the oven. Electric grills are awesome, also throw in a foil pouch with water soaked mesquite chips with holes poked in the foil to give a smoke flavor to the steaks. Steak + eggs + salmon + metrx = great protein weekly.

I am still on the year-round targeted ketogenic diet (TKD, carbs kept to less than 25 grams daily) except on workout days when I consume 40 grams pre-workout (1 to 1.5 hour before) in the form of oatmeal (plus a few raisins) microwaved in milk. Then add a pre-cut up frozen bannana to my postworkout met-rx pure protein shake for some postworkout carbs, then of course back to keto diet for the rest of the day. Been loosing fat this way while adding muscle weekly. I also take 1 tablet of blood sugar support from arazos 20 minutes before meals, to keep insulin working effectively as mk677 and GH both will decrease your insulin sensitivity a bit.

Supplements daily:
* 50 grams met-rx pure protein plus,
* 25mg mk677 in morning + 50mcg (1/2 a huperzine tablet) + a formula which contains 200mg cdp choline + 100mg alpha gpc choline (this all helps keeps somatostatin low as GH works thru the choline system)
* 1 tablet arazo blood sugar support (glucose disposal agent) 20 minutes before meals, sometimes throw in additional chromium picolinate and vanadyl sulfate (reduces blood sugar 20%) or cinnamon supplement (reduces 25%).
* 3 grams HMB daily (buy in bulk powder form from bulksupplements, 6 months supply around 40 dollars)
* year round 200mg a week TRT cypionate + 1/4 mg arimidex with each of the twice weekly shots of 100mg.
* 5 grams creatine daily
* give blood every few months

workout schedule:
1st day: chest, triceps, shoulders [push]
2nd day: rest
3rd day: legs + abs
4rth day: rest
5th day: back, biceps, traps [pull]
Like Dan Duchaine once wrote in his book "Bodyopus" working out each bodypart just once a week is highly effective.

fun schedule for mental & spiritual health:
go to waterpark to go swimming at least once or twice a week = nature peace of mind
other days: walk dog in shaded park with river and clear streams and hundred year old trees = nature peace of mind
stay mindful spiritually

** I will back at the end of July with more followup bloodwork after being on MK677 for 4 months + spouse bloodwork upcoming.

Summary: 25mg mk677 daily in am with choline enhancers increased my igf-1 from 227 to 372 total in 2 weeks, increase of 145 points, which is very similar to 4iu of Chinese pharmacy grade GH which is used to treat dwarfism in China.

I have been on 25mg daily of mk677 for 2 months now, added 60 lbs to 20 rep squat in that time, and all upper body lifts went up around 5lbs weekly. Get about an added 20 to 25% increase in strength from it just like JohnJuanb1.

The study on older healthy adults shows the igf-1 levels continue to rise up to high at the 6 month period, then level around there and stay at that high 6 month elevation even at the 1 and 2 year mark. I will be conducting igf-1 bloodwork not only at 4 months, but also at each 1 year anniversary to chart my own as well.

Edited to add: you can control bloat pretty well by staying on a ketogenic diet like myself if need be, I'm on this diet year-round.

Last edited:
Johnjuanb1 said:
It makes me very full, my strength always jumps 20% and stays there, my joints and old injuries feel support.
Same here, good for strength and joints feel so much better.

This 2008 study below also confirms a 20% increase in strength:

University of Virginia Health System Study Shows New Drug
Increases Muscle Mass in Arms and Legs of Older Adults

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (November 4, 2008) - Researchers at the University of Virginia Health System report that a daily single oral dose of an investigational drug, MK-677, increased muscle mass in the arms and legs of healthy older adults without serious side effects, suggesting that it may prove safe and effective in reducing age-related frailty.

Published in the November 4, 2008 issue of Annals of Internal Medicine, the study showed that levels of growth hormone (GH) and of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF- I) in seniors who took MK-677 increased to those found in healthy young adults. The drug restored 20 percent of muscle mass loss associated with normal aging.

"Our study opens the door to the possibility of developing treatments that avert the frailty of aging," explains Dr. Michael O. Thorner, a nationally recognized researcher of growth hormone regulation and a professor of internal medicine and neurosurgery at UVA. "The search for anti-frailty medications has become increasingly important because the average American is expected to live into his or her 80s, and most seniors want to stay strong enough to remain independent as they age."

Funded by the National Institutes of Health, the two-year, double-blind, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover study involved 65 men and women ranging in age from 60 to 81.

The study drug, MK-677, mimics the action of ghrelin, a peptide that stimulates the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHSR). Drug developers are focusing on GHSR because it plays an important role in the regulation of growth hormone and appetite. They think it may prove to be an excellent treatment target for metabolic disorders such as those related to body weight and body composition.

According to Dr. Thorner, the UVA research was a "proof-of-concept" study that sets the stage for a larger and longer clinical trial to determine whether MK-677 is effective in people who are frail and to assess its long term safety

The Chapman et al. study showed pretty rapid desensitization after a week of dosing, but GH output was still elevated.

It seems like looking at other research that at 2 wk, 8wk, 6mo and 12mo that GH output is still elevated (without further desensitization) with 25mg daily dosing, and so is IGF-1, roughly to the same extent (~1.6-1.8fold increases).

I think the question on the podcast was about desensitization, which does seem to occur, but not entirely.

(Check out the table showing individual responses to low and high doses - another instance of a large degree of variability in response. :) )

-S

Chapman IM, Bach MA, Van Cauter E, et al. Stimulation of the growth hormone (GH)-insulin-like growth factor I axis by daily oral administration of a GH secretogogue (MK-677) in healthy elderly subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996;81(12):4249-4257.

Nass R, Pezzoli SS, Oliveri MC, et al. Effects of an Oral Ghrelin Mimetic on Body Composition and Clinical Outcomes in Healthy Older Adults: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Ann Intern Med. 2008;149(9):601-611.

Copinschi G, Van Onderbergen A, L'Hermite-Baleriaux M, et al. Effects of a 7-day treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone (GH) secretagogue, MK-677, on 24-hour GH profiles, insulin-like growth factor I, and adrenocortical function in normal young men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996;81(8):2776-2782.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.27.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.27.02 PM.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.30.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.30.08 PM.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.30.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.30.39 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 32

Here's the problem with that. IGF-1 levels only stay elevated for a couple weeks after GH levels stop being elevated. In other words, once GH is no longer elevated, IGF-1 levels go back down to normal after about 2 weeks.

However, all the studies show that IGF-1 levels not only remained elevated for an entire year, but they actually continued to INCREASE for an entire year. They were about 80-90% of the way there after one month...but continued to climb another 10-20% over the next 11 months.

Clearly, if MK-677 just stopped working and GH levels went back down to normal after one week, then it would be impossible for IGF-1 levels to remain elevated for a whole year...and continue going up during that time!

Furthermore, real life experience CLEARLY testifies against this new info presented in this thread, as it doesn't just "stop working" after a week. Most people continue to pack on the pounds for WEEKS after beginning use...and for most, the weight gain will continue at a slower rate for months.

If GH only stayed elevated for a week, that wouldn't happen. People wouldn't continue gaining weight AND lean mass (as the studies show, but I'll get to that in a minute). Rather, they would lose all the weight they gained within 3 weeks of use...because if there is no GH elevation after week one, there is no IGF-1 elevation after week 3, which means the person will lose everything by week 3. This does NOT happen--for anyone. People continue packing on size for the first few weeks at a rapid rate...and lean mass gain continues long-term (according to the studies and real-world experience).

Sorry, but to say it "stops" working after 1 week contradicts both every other study available (in regards to IGF-1 levels), as well as real-world experience.

Regarding the studies, studies show that people continue to gain lean mass on MK (as well as its sister drug, Anamorelin, which works the same way)...for at least a year.

If GH levels went back down to normal after one week, then all your weight gain would essentially be gone by week 3. In fact, most of it would be gone by week 2. Obviously, this didn't happen for you...or anyone else that uses it.

There are a TON of studies showing that it keeps working after a month. Virtually every study doe shows that IGF-1 level are not only still elevated after month one, but that they continue going up for a whole year. On top of that, most people that get labs on MK get them after about 30 days...and they are all showing large elevations in IGF-1. If GH was gone after 1 week, IGF-1 levels would be back to normal by that point. Both the studies and real world experience, both in terms of lab-work and personal experience, testify to the same thing--that it keeps working long long-term. Big Pharma would not release a "lean mass-building" drug if it stopped working after a week. Oh...on top of that, MK-677 is now back in development as a prescription drug (likely for the same reasons that Anamorelin was developed in Europe). Why would Big Pharma pick this up as a script drug if it didn't work longer than 7 days? They wouldn't. They know it works. WE know it works. And all the studies show it works. That's why MK-677 will soon become a script drug in the US as a lean-mass building/maintaining agent.

see bold above.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner