over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thanks for the support, and thoughts about massage

11sh11

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Wanted to thank everyone again for the support here on pm and for being featured. My town is mostly retirees, who pay people to do the hard stuff for them. So, Im pretty much on my own in my bodybuilding endeavors. Then to be a woman in this lifestyle, the group narrows even more. I appreciate being able to come here

So once Im past nationals, planning to do more travel work, getting my hands on more athletes and bodybuilders. I cant emphasize enough, the importance of doing more stretching, and also having more done than just stretching. I go around to different gyms and work, wish it was possible to ask where it would be best received. I go anywhere, and have seen how many still arent aware of or receiving the benefits of sports massage.

How many receive, and are you having success? Does your gym offer it?

youre looking super great there!
i didnt even realize it was you!
and i am totally jealous i can not find good sports message!!!!

keep up the great work sista!
very happy to see you doing well!
good luck in up coming show!
:headbang::love::headbang:

I travel ;)
It can be difficult to find someone technical.... anonymity on this site prevents networking, but Id love to be able to help more

Congrats, I'm pretty new here but you always leave good posts sharing reasonable knowledge.

Your nick is fucking weird. :D

Congrats on being Featured, looking Fantastic.
I've been a big proponent of Sports Massage, and Massage in General.

My Old Gym offered Sports Massage, my New Gym doesn't, but it's Not as Complete as my Old Gym.
Which also offered a Full Service Spa, as well as many different Modalities for Mind and Body.

So these days I use Groupon to find Local Massages at a reasonable price.
As I'm in a Large City, the choices are endless.......................... JP

First of all congrats! None of the gyms in my area offer in house massage but there are plenty of massage therapists that train in them. I try to get one every one to two months. I pay between $60-$80 an hour, but they come to my house with their own table.

First of all congrats! None of the gyms in my area offer in house massage but there are plenty of massage therapists that train in them. I try to get one every one to two months. I pay between $60-$80 an hour, but they come to my house with their own table.

I have in-home clients as well, but my rates are $100 + ... youre lucky to have those prices!

Send me a message sometime when you get a chance!

Massage is one major thing I think is missing from my lifestyle. Gyms around here do not offer in house massage, but I train in a garage dungeon. I can't afford to pay for a massage. My GF tries, but is not very good. Can you recommend any materials/media, devices/tools, or anything else I can't think of to help a regular person give better massages?

Wanted to thank everyone again for the support here on pm and for being featured. My town is mostly retirees, who pay people to do the hard stuff for them. So, Im pretty much on my own in my bodybuilding endeavors. Then to be a woman in this lifestyle, the group narrows even more. I appreciate being able to come here

So once Im past nationals, planning to do more travel work, getting my hands on more athletes and bodybuilders. I cant emphasize enough, the importance of doing more stretching, and also having more done than just stretching. I go around to different gyms and work, wish it was possible to ask where it would be best received. I go anywhere, and have seen how many still arent aware of or receiving the benefits of sports massage.

How many receive, and are you having success? Does your gym offer it?

I've asked a lot of people about what pre-hab work they do such as working the smaller muscles, stretching, and massage and most don't have any information or no resource to readily share or reference.

I've seen pros ask on other forums what type of content their fans would like to see and request this but I guess it isn't cool enough to warrant the views.

I wish there was a solid resource out there that said to prevent shoulder injury do this, to maintain a strong posterior chain and keep squatting and deadliftinng do that.

I've started deep tissue massages and I go to a sports rehab place back home but they are more used to dealing with athletes like football players, not people who spend their time in the gym. So whatever information you'd care to share I'd love to hear it or learn. Lifting is part of my life and not a phase. I want to still be lifting in my 70s.

Massage is one major thing I think is missing from my lifestyle. Gyms around here do not offer in house massage, but I train in a garage dungeon. I can't afford to pay for a massage. My GF tries, but is not very good. Can you recommend any materials/media, devices/tools, or anything else I can't think of to help a regular person give better massages?

You can get yourself a foam roller and a rumble roller... its a great place to start. There are also 'stick' rollers, that your gf can us on you. I also have a tool I use called a Hypervolt, which is a percussion tool.

Then, to have a few tools is one thing, but to actually use them is ideal ;)

I've asked a lot of people about what pre-hab work they do such as working the smaller muscles, stretching, and massage and most don't have any information or no resource to readily share or reference.

I've seen pros ask on other forums what type of content their fans would like to see and request this but I guess it isn't cool enough to warrant the views.

I wish there was a solid resource out there that said to prevent shoulder injury do this, to maintain a strong posterior chain and keep squatting and deadliftinng do that.

I've started deep tissue massages and I go to a sports rehab place back home but they are more used to dealing with athletes like football players, not people who spend their time in the gym. So whatever information you'd care to share I'd love to hear it or learn. Lifting is part of my life and not a phase. I want to still be lifting in my 70s.

You definietly have the right ideas. If someone is posting about a pain or injury, I do usually add a comment or two.

Heres something else to think about... I do deep tissue massage as well as train and corrextive exercise. So if you asked me how to prevent shoulder injury, Id first want to know what limitations you already have, if youre already experiencing something, and hows your posture. There are generalities that most would do well to pay attention to, but when I work with someone, its specific to that person. If you say youve had a rotator cuff tear and repair already, id make sure your pecs remain properly stretched out, and would suggest you not flat bench. Id show you some exercises to engage rhomboids.

Most people never stretch enough, and most people wait until theres a problem to get body work done. If you do those 2 things, you have a much better shot at staying injury free for longer

With some buddies once we went to an Asian Massage parlor! It was back when I was lifting pretty heavy and big. I ended up having two girls jumping on my back at the same time when I was lying down. It was nuts! I have to tell you though, it worked because I felt so much better afterwards. Then they offered a happy ending. Of course I didn't do that.

You definietly have the right ideas. If someone is posting about a pain or injury, I do usually add a comment or two.

Heres something else to think about... I do deep tissue massage as well as train and corrextive exercise. So if you asked me how to prevent shoulder injury, Id first want to know what limitations you already have, if youre already experiencing something, and hows your posture. There are generalities that most would do well to pay attention to, but when I work with someone, its specific to that person. If you say youve had a rotator cuff tear and repair already, id make sure your pecs remain properly stretched out, and would suggest you not flat bench. Id show you some exercises to engage rhomboids.

Most people never stretch enough, and most people wait until theres a problem to get body work done. If you do those 2 things, you have a much better shot at staying injury free for longer

I still have rotator cuff trouble in my left shoulder. What kind of stretches do you recommend? How about targeting the rotator cuff to strengthen it safely? I do an exercise where I lie down on my side and then raise the dumbbell up off my leg bringing it about halfway up, arm extended straight out. Keeping the dumbbell centered over my side. Seems like most of the stuff I know targets external rotation and not internal. External seems to be what hurts for me the most. If I stick with the exercising for awhile the pain gets better as I strengthen the muscle.

Length Tension Relationship

Aloha,

Great insights and points!

Whatever the activity, a balanced program is key for optimal function, performance, and sustainability....

The proper length tension relationship between the agonist and antagonist muscles, is vital for the three areas I mentioned above.

I agree that stretching is a key component, yet it also needs to be the correct type for the greatest benefits.

Another need is to 'decompress' the structures, using active and passive techniques.

A hui ho,
V

Last edited:
I still have rotator cuff trouble in my left shoulder. What kind of stretches do you recommend? How about targeting the rotator cuff to strengthen it safely? I do an exercise where I lie down on my side and then raise the dumbbell up off my leg bringing it about halfway up, arm extended straight out. Keeping the dumbbell centered over my side. Seems like most of the stuff I know targets external rotation and not internal. External seems to be what hurts for me the most. If I stick with the exercising for awhile the pain gets better as I strengthen the muscle.

Heres a link to an excellent article https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/rotator-cuff-and-shoulder-conditioning-program/

Also, to release a trigger point or adhesion, you can use a tennis ball. Leaning onto it, against the wall to target the atrachments on the humerus, or lying on it on your side(ish) to target the muscles themselves (teres, spinatus, sub-scap). A hard, rubber roller can target these areas also, but tennis ball is more precise

Heres a link to an excellent article https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/rotator-cuff-and-shoulder-conditioning-program/

Also, to release a trigger point or adhesion, you can use a tennis ball. Leaning onto it, against the wall to target the atrachments on the humerus, or lying on it on your side(ish) to target the muscles themselves (teres, spinatus, sub-scap). A hard, rubber roller can target these areas also, but tennis ball is more precise
Thanks, I will check out that site. I have a foam roller that I will try out. Right now my lower back is what gives me the most trouble. Doing decompression at the chiropractor's and on my inversion table helps.

Foundation Training

Aloha maldorf,

Passive decompression as with an inversion table, or done by machines can definitely create space between the vertebrae, hydrate and nourish the nucleus pulpous (disc), as well as allow the disc to realign with the vertebrae (not bulge), and with the spine.

IMHO, active decompression would be the next step. Non weight bearing to weight bearing would be the next sequence.

Foundation Training by Dr. Eric Goodman, addresses active decompression that is done with one's muscles. Cutting edge work!

A hui ho,
V

Last edited:
Aloha maldorf,

Passive decompression as with an inversion table, or done by machines can definitely create space between the vertebrae, hydrate and nourish the nucleus pulpous (disc), as well as allow the disc to realign with the vertebrae (not bulge), and with the spine.

IMHO, active decompression would be the next step. Non weight bearing to weight bearing would be the next sequence.

Foundation Training by Dr. Eric Goodman, addresses active decompression that is done with one's muscles. Cutting edge work!

A hui ho,
V

Much of my discomfort and pain comes from my sacrum, its down really low. It has been doing better since I started up exercising regularly and losing some bodyfat. I think having a bit of a belly throws off the center of gravity around the waist and puts stress on the low back doesn't it? The problem for me didn't really start until I had the heart attack and put on fat/stopped lifting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity