over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meal Frequency

IronSlag

Newbies
What's your preferred meal frequency and why? Smaller but more frequent meals (e.g. 6 X 50g pro), or larger less frequent meals (e.g. 3 X 100g pro)? In your own opinion, which frequency do you feel better aids satiety?

Just interested in your take on this.

Including protein shakes, I do 7-11 meals a day :p

Much easier to have total control of my macros, plus my meals are high in nutrients which tend to be lower in calories so I need more of them.

Between 5-7 depending how my day is and what I did the day before. If I have a big killer leg workout on Saturday then Sunday I generally can eat 7 meals and be hungry. If I train arms on Sunday and work in the heat all day Monday I'll be lucky to get down 5.

If I'm not actually hungry I don't eat , you're not gonna get catabolic from skipping a couple meals

Ideally you should be eating every 3 hours of animal protein (digests slowly) so you get a steady release of aminos all day. Just my opinion. I think a study showed 25-30 g every 3 hours promotes 90% max muscle protein synthesis. 40-50 promotes 100% muscle protein synthesis. I think this is ideal. Every 3 hours having 30-50 g of animal protein with nutrient dense carbs, vegetables, and some healthy fats. I also like the idea of having 2 egg whites with animal protein. Creates a very nice amino acid profile. Also chia, hemp, and flax seeds with each meal. Maybe 1 tsp of healthy oil (olive or macadamia) for healthy fat. That is how you create anabolic environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally best is at least 6 real meals and 1 PWO. If you need to gain more then add more...

Two moderately large meals per day.Life is so much more enjoyable when you're not a slave to the meal clock or nutritional myths.

Two moderately large meals per day.Life is so much more enjoyable when you're not a slave to the meal clock or nutritional myths.

What I do now too. I have one or two snacks of protein shake and some peanuts mixed in there too.

Depends on your goals.

When I'm a slave to clock is when I grow the fastest. I can maintain on lower amounts of food or that intermittent fast but eating 6-7 times a day of clean animal protein and a starch it's almost like freaking magic for me.

It's derisively very very tough to maintain that eating lifestyle with an actual real life though.

5 meals. Sometimes 6. And a protein shake and veggie shake as well.

At this point it's become so routine. Sometimes I tell myself I'm going to skip a meal just for the hell of it. I make it about an hour and I start to get this horrible anxiety inside. Then it feels like the world is going to cave in on me and all the planets are going to fall out of orbit and baby puppies are going to spontaneously combust.

I obviously don't want that to happen so I eat the meal real quick and things are all good. 5 meals is a peice of cake. 7-8 is when it feels like a job, fuck that.

doesnt matter how often u eat. 2,3,10 times, it doesnt matter.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26024494

all u should do is, make it easy on yrself. u like to eat often do it. u dont....them dont. wont make a difference at all.

just science.

When you run gear it changes your ability of build muscle drastically. If you did this with people on a cycle the results may be different. Protein can’t be stored in the body, only as muscle. I think it’s important to consume protein every 3 hours to maximize muscle gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meal frequency has zero effect on metabolism.

The people who want you to eat 6-12 times per day are the ones selling the supplements and the food.

:lightbulb:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost