YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lisinopril vs Telmisartan vs Carditone - Best BP Meds?

superbigd

Registered
Bros,
I checked my BP this morning a couple times and here was the readings:

123/79
129/81
134/81
132/74

What is everyone using for BP meds these days? I'm considering hopping on a supplement to help lower my BP (in addition to the cardio I have been doing for the past year - 3x a week).

I was scrolling through some old PM posts and some people raved about Telmisartan being the new wonder drug, then some saying that Lisinopril is better. Others vouched for the effectiveness of Carditone but said that it might cause depression in long term users...

Why Lisinopril over Telmisartan? And do you think my BP is high?

No and you shouldn't be taking any BP medicine with those readings. Just eat better and incorporate the right supplements.

No and you shouldn't be taking any BP medicine with those readings. Just eat better and incorporate the right supplements.

I agree, as long as they never get higher than that. If those are your measurements when on your highest doses and you think that is the peak then I wouldn't worry about it. I would just be worried if that is your BP when you are either off everything or on a low dose for you. Be sure to measure it when it should be at its worst, not best.

If your BP gets higher than that when on a big cycle then maybe something like lisinopril low dose to start. Youd need to keep track of your BP and if it drops too low when you get off the gear then you would want to wean off the lisinopril I guess otherwise it could drop too low and youd feel like crap. If it gets up around 140s/90s then I would see a doctor and have him get you on a script when it is going on.

Last edited:
I agree, as long as they never get higher than that. If those are your measurements when on your highest doses and you think that is the peak then I wouldn't worry about it. I would just be worried if that is your BP when you are either off everything or on a low dose for you. Be sure to measure it when it should be at its worst, not best.

If your BP gets higher than that when on a big cycle then maybe something like lisinopril low dose to start. Youd need to keep track of your BP and if it drops too low when you get off the gear then you would want to wean off the lisinopril I guess otherwise it could drop too low and youd feel like crap. If it gets up around 140s/90s then I would see a doctor and have him get you on a script when it is going on.

Thanks slice, pesty and Maldorf for your comments. I haven't been cycling for a couple years now, just TRT dose at 150mg/week. Being that I don't cycle should this BP be a concern?

x2

If that is the highest your bp gets you don't need medication. You take drugs when you need them. As Maldorf stated if it starts rising for whatever reason then medication would be needed. If you don't even use aas then added cardio and improvements in your diet should be plenty. Just adding there are some supplements that a good for overall health that could also help control/lower your bp but wouldn't be a concern for lowering it too much. 2 good examples would be ubiquinol and allicin. It could be worth adding 1 of those in if you don't already use them.

Last edited:
1. Telmisartan is better than Lisinopril
2. Carditone is bad for neurotransmitters in the brain
2. The BP target should be 115/75. A little Telmisartan will not tank your blood pressure to dangerous levels. It will only improve things that aren't much of a problem to begin with.

I see all good and no harm in adding 40mg Telmisartan, I consider it an anti aging drug more than a BP drug. Researched this enough to confidently state this, not to mention I've been taking it for a long time myself.

Last edited:
I get prescribed 5mg lisinopril my bp runs high without it. 150/85.

Seems to work.

2. The BP target should be 115/75. A little Telmisartan will not tank your blood pressure to dangerous levels. It will only improve things that aren't much of a problem to begin with.

I see all good and no harm in adding 40mg Telmisartan, I consider it an anti aging drug more than a BP drug. Researched this enough to confidently state this, not to mention I've been taking it for a long time myself.

Telmisartan has given me a weird side effect that in truth freaked me out. My brain chemistry has been messed up due to years of partying but carditone is fine with me but I realize for others it can cause side effects. I don't disagree with you but at his numbers I don't think either would be needed. Ubiquinol could shave off 5 points and that is a great supplement for 99%. Even ZMA pre bed with it's magnesium could help. Lot's of useful supps combined with more cardio and better eating could have him at optimal levels. Granted I don't know his diet but most including myself could always improve diet especially if they have 1 health parameter (bp) in mind.

Telmisartan has given me a weird side effect that in truth freaked me out. My brain chemistry has been messed up due to years of partying but carditone is fine with me but I realize for others it can cause side effects. I don't disagree with you but at his numbers I don't think either would be needed. Ubiquinol could shave off 5 points and that is a great supplement for 99%. Even ZMA pre bed with it's magnesium could help. Lot's of useful supps combined with more cardio and better eating could have him at optimal levels. Granted I don't know his diet but most including myself could always improve diet especially if they have 1 health parameter (bp) in mind.

Which side(s) did you get with Telmisartan? It's not very common so I'm kind of curious

Which side(s) did you get with Telmisartan? It's not very common so I'm kind of curious

Check out my thread I just started. Basically feeling like I am about to have a heart attack. Not even joking it's that bad I 100% know it's the telmisartan as I stopped and restarted months later at half the dose with the same side effect. Nothing has ever made me feel remotely like this. Just a weird sensation in my heart that comes throughout the day. I am gonna order carditone now and just use that. I also get fatigue on telmisartan but that was to be expected.

I do take coq10 but still feel like my BP runs a bit high. Stats are 5’11 @ 210lbs. Decided last May (2015) that being big and bulky was no longer appropriate so lost about 30lbs, as I was 240 at the time. I’m still trying to get down to under 200lb. I’m hoping if I lose more weight my BP will further improve

I do take coq10 but still feel like my BP runs a bit high. Stats are 5’11 @ 210lbs. Decided last May (2015) that being big and bulky was no longer appropriate so lost about 30lbs, as I was 240 at the time. I’m still trying to get down to under 200lb. I’m hoping if I lose more weight my BP will further improve

It will so that should be your main concern. Lose weight with a high nutrient dense but restricted calorie diet and your bp will likely come down even more.

Both ARB's and ACE Inhibitors are pro-life extension. So unless someone gets adverse effects from it, they should benefit. Most of the population should.

agreed with the above but the problem that is seen in the medical community is elevated levels of blood pressure through the world. Many do not watch there bp as they should and high blood pressure has shown to be a silent killer.

I would use the 'new'' Lisinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide blend it has just a small diuretic in it to help. Its the go to in updated medicine.

This was my thought as well, except I was going to see if they offer a 20mg tablet and rock with that.

This was my thought as well, except I was going to see if they offer a 20mg tablet and rock with that.

You could cut 40mg in half, but 40mg isn't a high dose. I think 40mg before bed will be a nice safe beneficial decision. I see my echocardiograms improve or stay the same and I am on 80mg. My BP is the same on both 40mg and 80mg.

You could cut 40mg in half, but 40mg isn't a high dose. I think 40mg before bed will be a nice safe beneficial decision. I see my echocardiograms improve or stay the same and I am on 80mg. My BP is the same on both 40mg and 80mg.

Yes if you are going to use it then 40mg would be a good dose... well as long as you don't respond like I do :eek: 40-80mg is very standard. I will add though from what what the guy has written with him losing weight I still don't think it's needed. But 40mg is not going to have your bp dangerously low or anything like that.

Your current BP is not something you need to worry about. That is all.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear