over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplementing with Collagen

trekrider215

Registered
Does anyone supplement with any Collagen products?
-Which products have you had success with, or feel are good quality.
-What dosage do you use.
-Do you think it's a sham? Supposedly there is skepticism about whether or not the collagen is simply getting destroyed through digestion too quickly for it to do anything.
-Have you seen actual results?

READING PAST THIS POINT ISNT NECESSARY

As we know from many many studies, almost all anabolic steroids inhibit collagen synthesis to some degree. Even steroids like "Nandrolone Decanoate" which everyone thinks reverses this effect, ALSO has studies showing it inhibits collagen synthesis. There was an article written that says steroids like deca, eq, anavar can increase collagen, but it doesn't cite any sources, and I still have yet to see a legit study that verifies this. Everyone on every forum has seen that article floating around and taken it's words as gold (probably because they simply want to believe it's true).

I ruptured my distal bicep tendon and torn rotator cuffs. I have many friends who have torn their pecs, triceps, and quad tendons right off the bone.

Collagen is like the glue that holds the body together. Ultimately the best thing is to take adequate time off cycle to let the body reset.

Still, I would like a little back up and was wondering if you AAS users think there is anything to taking Collagen? Sure it would nice to have healthier hair, skin, and nails, but to be honest i'm more concerned with keeping my tendons strapped down.

Do you guys think Collagen products can benefit us or is it more of a hoax?

Everyone should get it in some form.

I think Pitbulltank still has a product here.

Or Bonebroth is a good alt. sprouts and walmart Have it.

Ak

Great Lakes hydrolyzed collagen

Rhonda Patrick doesn't seem to think it's a scam, and I trust her. She recommends Hydrolyzed collagen powder by Great Lakes hydrolyzed collagen powder…..there seems to be some solid research behind it.

Can you tell any difference? It's probably not something you feel or see.

I use it as a supplement, add one scoop of a collagen peptide to my favorite whey or use it by itself. For me, I much prefer a collagen source over a milk source for myself. I feel like my body processes it better, retains nitrogen better... Its something to experiment with for yourself and see how that goes.
Don't target the added "ADDED" benefits marketed for collagen, if you do get them, then its a bonus. But as a source of protein, I like using it.

Rhonda Patrick doesn't seem to think it's a scam, and I trust her. She recommends Hydrolyzed collagen powder by Great Lakes hydrolyzed collagen powder…..there seems to be some solid research behind it.

I've just compared a bunch of brands. Looks pretty good based on my limited knowledge. Do you know what types of collagen The Greak Lakes brand contains? Like type 1,2, 3? It doesn't really say.

Is hydrolyzed Collagen just a mixture of all of them? I'm kind of confused. I was taking a brand from Youtheory, that had type 1 and 3, but they were tablets, and to get a decent dosage I would have had to eat like a dozen tablets, so the powder does look much more appealing.

Is there any effect of supplying with collagen? Collagen is just aminos like BCAA or EAA. If you take in enough protein anyway i see no benefit it supplying with another like collagen. The body breaks down collagen in the stomach anyway and use the aminos where its needed...

As I recall, you want at least 40mg of type II collagen daily.

I use the Great Lakes Collagen...you can get a hefty discount buying in bulk from their website. Been doing this for awhile now since I read one of DC's posts on the subject.....

Alot of the named supplements seem to alleviate pain in people....and this is coming from a guy who sells Cissus and glucosamine chrondroitin complexes.....so take it for its worth below.

The ONLY and I mean ONLY supplement Ive ever studied that actually has some science behind it that it can possibly regenerate cartilage is Hydrolyzed collagen type II.

You can study glucosamine/chron, cissus, H.Acid, and virtually every other compound all day long and you will see pain relief and keywords such as "building blocks of" but then look thru the studies and there is never any recoup of cartilage in any studies on people.

BIOCELL makes a pretty reknowned version.... and its sold by many companies including Jarrow Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care
Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

It has to be used for months and months at probably 1-2 grams a day (Ive seen many recommendations of 3 grams a day but god that gets expensive) to get any result but if you truly want to rebuild cartilage....thats about the only supplement shown out there that ACTUALLY can do it.

Another Option is eating the actual gelatin from great lakes Great Lakes Gelatin - Products

a third option is Pittbulls LBA's which also have type II hydrolyzed collagen in it also

People rave about hydro collagens effects on the skin (usually the other types outside of type II but type II has some properties also) but type II is the definitive type for joints. For pain relieve i would look into alot of the compounds stated. For getting to the actual fixing of the problem (loss of cartilage in knees / joints etc)....from what Ive studied and Ive studied a great deal on this front....hydrolyzed collagen type II is pretty much your only option.

Man im not that good of a salesman am I? Im recommending three companies outside of my own and not once am i recommending the two joint products that my company sells. It is what it is....I sleep well at night recommending what I think will work for the people reading my posts.

I use the Great Lakes Collagen...you can get a hefty discount buying in bulk from their website. Been doing this for awhile now since I read one of DC's posts on the subject.....

Alot of the named supplements seem to alleviate pain in people....and this is coming from a guy who sells Cissus and glucosamine chrondroitin complexes.....so take it for its worth below.

The ONLY and I mean ONLY supplement Ive ever studied that actually has some science behind it that it can possibly regenerate cartilage is Hydrolyzed collagen type II.

You can study glucosamine/chron, cissus, H.Acid, and virtually every other compound all day long and you will see pain relief and keywords such as "building blocks of" but then look thru the studies and there is never any recoup of cartilage in any studies on people.

BIOCELL makes a pretty reknowned version.... and its sold by many companies including Jarrow Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

It has to be used for months and months at probably 1-2 grams a day (Ive seen many recommendations of 3 grams a day but god that gets expensive) to get any result but if you truly want to rebuild cartilage....thats about the only supplement shown out there that ACTUALLY can do it.

Another Option is eating the actual gelatin from great lakes Great Lakes Gelatin - Products

a third option is Pittbulls LBA's which also have type II hydrolyzed collagen in it also

People rave about hydro collagens effects on the skin (usually the other types outside of type II but type II has some properties also) but type II is the definitive type for joints. For pain relieve i would look into alot of the compounds stated. For getting to the actual fixing of the problem (loss of cartilage in knees / joints etc)....from what Ive studied and Ive studied a great deal on this front....hydrolyzed collagen type II is pretty much your only option.

Man im not that good of a salesman am I? Im recommending three companies outside of my own and not once am i recommending the two joint products that my company sells. It is what it is....I sleep well at night recommending what I think will work for the people reading my posts.

Thank you for this. Do you know if the Great Lakes Hydrolysate Collagen is Type 2? I'm going to assume it is, because ya'll recommend it, but it literally doesn't say anywhere on the label or website which type it is. Is it because Collagen Hydrolysate by nature is always type 2?

I think i'm going to give the Great Lakes Collagen a try, and probably grab some of the Gelatin as well.

Last edited:
If it is solely joint issues, DC recommended using their Gelatin product, not the hydrolized Collagen. Their Collagen is Type 1 according to their customer service, although they will tell you that all types break down to their simplest form (Type 1) in order to be able to be digested....not sure if that is scientifically true.

I’m going to start making a bowl of sugar free jello each day. Good snack while dieting and good for connective tissue. Would Bill Cosby lie? 😂

If it is solely joint issues, DC recommended using their Gelatin product, not the hydrolized Collagen. Their Collagen is Type 1 according to their customer service, although they will tell you that all types break down to their simplest form (Type 1) in order to be able to be digested....not sure if that is scientifically true.

My biggest concern is connective tissue. Tendons and ligaments. To be honest Im interested in all the potential benefits. I went ahead and ordered a year supply of both the hydrolyzed collagen and the gelatin. We'll give it a go and see if it works.

Wow, you went and ordered a years worth right out of the gates. I hope it's great.

Wow, you went and ordered a years worth right out of the gates. I hope it's great.
LOL it wasn't that expensive. 130 bucks free shipped for 302 servings of the collagen. The gelatin was a little cheaper. Going to split it all with the gf, anyway. I hope it's good too lol

Last edited:
LOL it wasn't that expensive. 130 bucks free shipped for 302 servings of the collagen. The gelatin was a little cheaper. Going to split it all with the gf, anyway. I hope it's good too lol

I hope it works out well too. Keep me posted. There's seems to be some solid science behind it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear