over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does cutting mess with anyone mentally

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who likes the cut look, but hates to see the scale slowly go down?
The leaner you are the bigger you look. Just hate when my clothes don't fit the same and that stupid scale. Anyone else hate this like I do?

Absolutely YES... :(

:p;)

I hate that scale slowly go down, but hate more when it does and I still see fat, tons of fat everywhere, lol.

The worst is that 5-6 week mark where you think you're skinny fat.

I actually feel sooo much better when I'm leaner. The amount of water I hold in the off season is literally painful. Back joints etc. Excess water is not good on your body.

Also I look almost like a half normal person when I'm cut down close to a show. Face is leaner body is smaller in clothes but I don't care about that. I love lifting up my shirt and blowing air out to see veins in my abs and my serratus muscle looking like teeth. I can breath better as well.

The ONLY thing that bothers me is how much strength I drop when cutting hard. I absolutely hate that shit. I like to put up big numbers, just for personal reasons I like heavy ass weight but as soon at that scale starts dropping so do my compound lifts.

Scale going down sucks but is part of the game imo so I do not really worry to much about that. Thing I can't stand is I become an emotional 8 year old girl.

i feel depressed when dieting whenever im outside of the gym.

i attribute it to poor sleep, 0 carbs, and very low fats.

im really happy and excited when im in the gym though, cuz when you diet the way i do, you have to crush the log books to hold onto mass.

Who likes the cut look, but hates to see the scale slowly go down?
The leaner you are the bigger you look. Just hate when my clothes don't fit the same and that stupid scale. Anyone else hate this like I do?

I love when my waist gets so small that the smallest notch on my belt is too big. :D
The scale can be tough to look at. But the reaction people give you more than makes up for it. Bodybuilding is an illusion.

i feel depressed when dieting whenever im outside of the gym.

i attribute it to poor sleep, 0 carbs, and very low fats.

im really happy and excited when im in the gym though, cuz when you diet the way i do, you have to crush the log books to hold onto mass.

You’re an animal sticking to your protocols from hell.
You get crazy shredded which has to fun!

Well stop weighing yourself all the time. I go monya without looking at a scale. Mirror and progress on weights is all you need.

I'm on a slow cut at the moment for a November show, been dropping a pound a week for the last 14 weeks. I'm actually enjoying seeing the scale weight go down since i'm still hitting pr's here and there. I believe JJ mentioned something about the last belt hole being still too big, yep, that's where i'm at. :D

My friend was telling me a story about his prep before, he was in his final 2 weeks and had just gotten home from work. The roommate had made fresh cookies and they were all laying on the counter cooling off. He walked up to them, looked at em all there, then slowly backed up and started crying.

I do have a major sweet tooth, and the sugar cravings do get to me at times at night, and i cave. I realize i gotta cut that out. Truth be told, i do feel better at this lighter weight though, currently 221.

When I'm cutting for a show, I think what messes with my mental state the most is wondering if there's more/other things I could be doing. That question drives me nuts more than anything else because I don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Patience and discipline are wonderful virtues.

Well stop weighing yourself all the time. I go monya without looking at a scale. Mirror and progress on weights is all you need.

Many times, your mind is going to fuck you, unless you take pictures you will not be able to evaluate the progress.

Your mind will tell you, "you're fat and you do not have time, needs to do 3 hours of cardio", or, "you already have it and still have 4 weeks for the show, let's eat more carbs".

i like the process, I hate the last 4 weeks. Only weeks where I’m grouchy.. the tren a kills my mood, cardio goes up and all these thoughts of “am I gonna be ready” haunts me...but this is my 5th show and it gets easier every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate becoming so socially isolated when hitting it hard. I'm an introvert by nature, which makes being social already taxing.
Than toss in caloric depreveation along with crushing lethargy after grueling workouts and it kills any little bit of motivation to get out mingle with others.

Also someone mentioned 8 year old emotional girl, which I can completely relate too. Low calorie, lower carbs, low serotonin, high cortisol, plus lack of sleep, and a whacked out CNS from stims to keep up the daily grind can make even the most level headed person look and feel crazy.

Last edited:
The worst thing to me was seeing my training weights go down, usually around week 10-12 of dieting. Doing DC I would just switch to significantly higher rep ranges to pretend it wasn't happening as bad as it was. lol. I would set a goal time of cutting rather than target weight, I believe it was Shelby who said something about not cutting for more than 16 weeks usually, but it was a pretty long time ago so I may be mistaken.

Of course once glycogen stores were replenished, water weight came back, and a few good sessions most of the strength bounced right back. But those 4-6 weeks just fucked with me mentally.

Dieting (and dieting harder even more so) causes serotonin levels to plummet, leaving you at risk for everything that follows out of that (feeling sad, mad, anxious, negative body image, ...)

The main reason (the other being to handle all the drugs' direct effects, think of what say Tren or Clen do to you and you can see the link to a serotonergic antidepressant) why many bodybuilders turn to serotonergic antidepressants when dieting or preparing for shows.

What obviously doesn't help is the low or even worse in this regard, no carb diets. Your brain needs carbs to synthesize serotonin, period. The more you eliminate them from your diet, the more you put yourself at risk for all of the above.

Not a fun truth to be aware of but the truth regardless.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear