over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Partially Torn Bicep Tendon

Bigd50

Registered
After having an MRI I was diagnosed with a partially torn bicep tendon down towards the elbow area. The doctor is sending me to physical therapy and advised resting it and avoiding any further injury while it's healing. He claims it should heal on it's own over time, but surgery may be an option later if that doesn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this or information? Thanks

FYI. I did this at work, not in the gym.

I partial tore mine on the inside , Dr said it wasn't worth doing surgery as it may end up limiting my range of motion. I rehab it and now it's a little weaker than the right but significantly shorter.
Makes for a pretty crazy peak but it's very noticeable at 10-11% body fat , I'm sure it's gonna be way worse on stage.

Not biceps, but recently ruptured my triceps tendon at the olecranon insertion and basically tore apart the musculo-tendinous junction between the tendon and long triceps head.

The one caution I would share is that if you eventually require surgery, the scar tissue in there could cause some issues with reattachment. The longer you wait the harder it is to get in there and pull everything back together.

From your description, your rupture sounds like minimal partial thickness tear that could be just fine in time, if you give it time.

I completely ruptured my distal bicep tendon last October while deadlifting. Had surgery 10 days later. Took about 8 weeks before I really got my range of motion back. At around 16 weeks I was pretty good to go. With something like this recovery is definitely slower than most other injuries. I was squatting in my sling and able to do lower body throughout the entire recovery which made things a lot easier on me mentally.

I've done A LOT of research on this while I was healing up. Theres an entire forum dedicated to people who rupture their distal bicep tendon, lol.

From what i've read from peoples experiences, once it partially tears, the likelihood is much higher that it will eventually rupture completely because it never quite heals the way it should.

If I was you I wouldn't get surgery unless it completely tore either though. Do physical therapy, you'll probably do pretty good, although you may experience a bit of weakness in that arm.

Fwiw, I regained full range of motion and have full strength back. Took a little while for the injured arm to catch up on bicep and back movements. I was able to hit a deadlift PR about 17 weeks post surgery which made me pretty proud. Was kind of my way of saying fuck you bicep.

With something like this recovery is definitely slower than most other injuries.

My PT said the exact same thing today about this injury. A triceps tendon sucks, but at least you're allowed to begin straightening your arm. With a distal biceps tendon rupture, you're literally stuck doing nothing for 6 weeks.

As you mentioned, your legs will take a beating as you recoup.

Not biceps, but recently ruptured my triceps tendon at the olecranon insertion and basically tore apart the musculo-tendinous junction between the tendon and long triceps head.

The one caution I would share is that if you eventually require surgery, the scar tissue in there could cause some issues with reattachment. The longer you wait the harder it is to get in there and pull everything back together.

From your description, your rupture sounds like minimal partial thickness tear that could be just fine in time, if you give it time.

my buddy blew his tricep benching in a meet. this is like my biggest fear now because you can be doing everything perfect, and for reason at all it can simply blow.

how did you tear yours?

my buddy blew his tricep benching in a meet. this is like my biggest fear now because you can be doing everything perfect, and for reason at all it can simply blow.

how did you tear yours?

Hockey; tried to help an opposing player in to his bench (aka I tried to throw that mother fucker in to orbit for cross checking me in the neck). Felt like a massive cramp. Finished the game before I noticed the swelling at my elbow. Took about 4 days for it to actually start bruising. When it did, it turned black.

I ruptured (90%) a tricep tendon 11 years ago...did therapy for 9 months until the pain was too much...had reattachment surgery...took 9 months of nothing until I was able to lift again...bench went from 450 to 350 and has never gotten any better...tricep is not as big as before but I no longer have any pain...I suffered from tendonitis for 20 years until it finally tore......kvh

I partial tore mine on the inside , Dr said it wasn't worth doing surgery as it may end up limiting my range of motion. I rehab it and now it's a little weaker than the right but significantly shorter.

Makes for a pretty crazy peak but it's very noticeable at 10-11% body fat , I'm sure it's gonna be way worse on stage.

This exactly happened to me .. shorter as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what i've read from peoples experiences, once it partially tears, the likelihood is much higher that it will eventually rupture completely because it never quite heals the way it should.

This is my fear.

My left bi-cep tendon has been hurting for over 2 months. Gonna try some healing peps hoping they help. Mine won't be anywhere near as bad you everyone on this thread (no tear) but I haven't been able to do any pull ups or heavy bi-cep work without bad pain for ages.

You can see the difference here (when I was way fatter) it's the arm on the left (my right)

Attachments

• received_1256946104450237_2.jpeg
    received_1256946104450237_2.jpeg
    896.3 KB · Views: 4,600
Partially tore the Quad tendon, Dr braced it for 6 weeks and rehabbed. I later tore it complete about 2 years later (I fell). After years of elbow tendonitus I completely tore the tricep tendon, best surgery ever, 8 weeks locked up and good to go, its never bothered me since. Now rotator cuff surgery, that sucked for me, 5 months of nothing on the upper body.

After having an MRI I was diagnosed with a partially torn bicep tendon down towards the elbow area. The doctor is sending me to physical therapy and advised resting it and avoiding any further injury while it's healing. He claims it should heal on it's own over time, but surgery may be an option later if that doesn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this or information? Thanks

FYI. I did this at work, not in the gym.

What percentage is torn?

Bicep tear!

You can see the difference here (when I was way fatter) it's the arm on the left (my right)

Looks like my left. Peak more but way shorter and weak. My right tore in middle and noticeable split and almost non-existing bicep shape! Cramps up at anything over 8 reps @ 30 DB and its been years.

Wish I would have had insurance!

Maybe look into prolotherapy or PRP (platelet wish plasma injection. Both are regenerative injections that heal soft tissue. Also, proteolytic enzymes on an empty stomach for healing tendons and ligaments.

Try to get surgery bro!
You will tear it little by little until you get a full tear of the short or long head of the bicep. Your doc will then say the same thing "oh maybe you can rehab it" or some bullshit like that. And then you'll get muscle imbalances and you'll get problems with other parts like shoulders, elbow etc.

I completely ruptured my distal bicep tendon last October while deadlifting. Had surgery 10 days later. Took about 8 weeks before I really got my range of motion back. At around 16 weeks I was pretty good to go. With something like this recovery is definitely slower than most other injuries. I was squatting in my sling and able to do lower body throughout the entire recovery which made things a lot easier on me mentally.

I've done A LOT of research on this while I was healing up. Theres an entire forum dedicated to people who rupture their distal bicep tendon, lol.

If I was you I wouldn't get surgery unless it completely tore either though. Do physical therapy, you'll probably do pretty good, although you may experience a bit of weakness in that arm.

Fwiw, I regained full range of motion and have full strength back. Took a little while for the injured arm to catch up on bicep and back movements. I was able to hit a deadlift PR about 17 weeks post surgery which made me pretty proud. Was kind of my way of saying fuck you bicep.

What is this forum and are there any other injury information related on there? Not that I wish anyone to go and read that

What is this forum and are there any other injury information related on there? Not that I wish anyone to go and read that

**broken link removed**

I guess it's down now. I haven't been there in a few years. I met some good friends there in 2012 / 2013 when I was going through my surgeries.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws