over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Venison/Wild Game

moparfreak360

Registered
There are a few threads scattered around the forum but they are all short, in regards to how you eat your Wild Game. Lets start a thread with some recipes/Ideas for this stuff! Organ meat recipes included!

Sent from my XT1650 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Marinate some venison backstraps in apple CIDER, not juice, for 24 hours.
Wrap completely in bacon and cook on the grill over medium heat until the bacon is burned........

Eat!

I find lower temperatures work well as the fat content is lower and dries out much quicker at higher temperatures.

I find lower temperatures work well as the fat content is lower and dries out much quicker at higher temperatures.

Yes, most people overcook venison.

my amish guy does venison hot dogs and sausage it is incredible

my brother fishes all summer so we have a good trade off tuna/mahi/striper for venison and hog

I have been making some chilli that is grass fed beef and venison. I will post the recipe tomorrow but it is basically a tomato base with orange and red bell peppers and spices.

I top it with sea salt and Lousiana hot sauce. I stays good in the fridge for about 10 days and it is so easy to reheat for lunch.

Marinate some venison backstraps in apple CIDER, not juice, for 24 hours.
Wrap completely in bacon and cook on the grill over medium heat until the bacon is burned........

Eat!

was looking for something like this I have also read before on that..

is it apple cider or appla cider vinegar you speak about?

and it was recommended as a good way to tenderise the meat so to speak

I however also read that it does something to the proteins(denaturing them or something I am not sure of) but would like to hear what experts say about this.. very interested as I do have currently available to order very high quality deer and wild boar

was looking for something like this I have also read before on that..

is it apple cider or appla cider vinegar you speak about?

and it was recommended as a good way to tenderise the meat so to speak

I however also read that it does something to the proteins(denaturing them or something I am not sure of) but would like to hear what experts say about this.. very interested as I do have currently available to order very high quality deer and wild boar

Apple cider, not vinegar. It does make the meat very tender. I'm not aware of denaturing the protein or not.

When it comes to game I find that acidity and sweetness is the key.Hence...why venison is so good with like a cranberry sauce, or duck al orange. You need some acidity like a good chimichuri or vinaigrette or a fruit compote or something to help overcome the often very gamey flavor

Apple cider, not vinegar. It does make the meat very tender. I'm not aware of denaturing the protein or not.

Apple cider will not denature the protein. Marinate in in apple cider, some sliced onions, crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, along with some rosemary and parsley. Let sit overnight and grill to medium rare. Boil down the marinade a bit to cook off the raw meat juice and use as a drizzle on the finished product with some roasted carrots and shallots and you've got yourself a gourmet meal

Hopefully someone more experienced can chime in but I recently read about using milk to pull the smell out of fish. Buy marinating it, it does something to the smell. Some people, I am not one, but some dont like the game taste and smell of vension but for those this may be an option worth looking into. Elk and vension are some of the best meat you will ever have if prepared right. And the shit will make you grow like a weed.

Hopefully someone more experienced can chime in but I recently read about using milk to pull the smell out of fish. Buy marinating it, it does something to the smell. Some people, I am not one, but some dont like the game taste and smell of vension but for those this may be an option worth looking into. Elk and vension are some of the best meat you will ever have if prepared right. And the shit will make you grow like a weed.

Yes you can marinate in milk to remove some of the gaminess. It also tenderizes and adds moisture. I would recommend buttermilk...or if you don't want to buy that...add some white vinegar to regular milk and marinate in that

For venison....especially loin...moisture can be a problem. Couple ways to fix this. like to marinate and cut down into small medallions and sear at high heat...much like you would cook a scallop. This prevents it from over drying as it is not cooked for long. Also....let it come to room temperature before cooking. This reduces cooking time as well. I like cooking game in parchment paper or tin foil packets as well. This keeps moisture in during cooking also

Heavyhitter running a master chef class over here lol that’s awesome

For venison....especially loin...moisture can be a problem. Couple ways to fix this. like to marinate and cut down into small medallions and sear at high heat...much like you would cook a scallop. This prevents it from over drying as it is not cooked for long. Also....let it come to room temperature before cooking. This reduces cooking time as well. I like cooking game in parchment paper or tin foil packets as well. This keeps moisture in during cooking also

I agree with a couple things here, primarily the lack of fat creating a moisture issue, and the way it needs to be cooked.

If you don’t like your meat rare to medium rare, don’t bother with venison unless you’re using it in chili, or using some “wet heat” method of cooking, like pot roast or something. The venison “tenderloin” is the best cut for grilling, it’s very lean, but also quite flavorful. I like to slice the tenderloin into medallions as well (about 1-1/2 to 2” thick is best), rub them with fresh rosemary, brush them with Dijon mustard, and let them sit at room temp for an hour or so before grilling. Hit them with some course sea salt and cracked pepper, and grill over medium high to high heat til rare to medium rare, and you’re all set. You can always sous vide them at 125-129f for an hour or so, and then sear them off afterwards if you have a hard time cooking to temperature on a grill and always overcook everything, but it’s really an unnecessary step IMO. Overcooked venison sucks, it will be dry and chewy, but if you like your meat like that go ahead, don’t say I didn’t warn you though lol!

I don’t like cooking venison in foil, it steams it, and I don’t like steamed meat. Parchment paper and foil are good for certain types of fish though, so it’s not like I’m against that method entirely, I just don’t like cooking meat that way.

Another thing you can do with venison tenderloin is to make venison tartare. Coursely chop the tenderloin (raw of course), and mix with salt, pepper, capers (or caper berries), onions, a dash of Worcestershire, and top with a raw egg yolk. Serve with toast points or crackers if you’re too lazy to make toast lol, and eat that shit up!!! Yum!!! :D:D:headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
Actually did this tonight quick and easy this is how my grandma used to cook it when I was growing up and is still my favorite way. Season the steaks with season salt and pepper. Quick dip in plain flour. Get a skillet hot drop into skillet with a little oil. Turn heat down to medium and cook until medium rare. The flour adds a nice coating to the meat. Did this tonight and came out great!

The other way is to slice into thin strips, marinate, then cook like a stir fry. Or make into fajitas. Either way slicing thin and cooking fast over high heat keeps from over cooking and drying out

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws