over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird Iron bloodwork again!

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I can’t figure out my iron values. I’m on TRT so I used to have to do frequent phlebotomies to get hemoglobin down but it tanked my ferritin in the past.
Stewie went in depth with me for reasonings in the thread below. I was doing too many phlebotomies.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...forum/134919-low-ferritin-common-aas-use.html

In the past my TIBC was high which indicated an iron deficiency but now I’m really confused because my TIBC, transferrin and total iron are normal but ferritin and transferrin saturation % are on the lower side.

It’s been about 6months since I did my last phlebotomy and I just got some blood work. My ferritin and transferrin saturation % are on the low-end yet my iron serum, transferrin and Iron Binding Capacity are normal.
Attached is my labs.

I knew my hemoglobin would be high so yesterday I did a phlebotomy but only 300 mL instead of 500 mL.

Attachments

• 2FB0A9DB-71AD-45FA-A52D-9B83EFFAF9A4.jpeg
    2FB0A9DB-71AD-45FA-A52D-9B83EFFAF9A4.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 54
  • D7751D6A-51DE-4431-B25D-82C4328593E2.jpeg
    D7751D6A-51DE-4431-B25D-82C4328593E2.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 47
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago and they ran test on me and said I had H-pylori bateria in intestines which was tanking my iron. Had to take bout 2 months worth of antibiotics to get rid of that crap so by all means wash your fruits and veggies well!!!! that’s what the dr told me anyway

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago and they ran test on me and said I had H-pylori bateria in intestines which was tanking my iron. Had to take bout 2 months worth of antibiotics to get rid of that crap so by all means wash your fruits and veggies well!!!! that’s what the dr told me anyway

Got tested for that and didn’t have it. I just don’t understand how it’s possible to have normal iron normal transferrin and normal tibc yet low ferritin and low transferrin saturation %

Yea that is odd. I’d give it a few weeks and do BLood work again if you can to see the comparison.

After seeing the grocery list of different supplement you posted the other day, it wouldn't surprise me if several of those supplements aren't impeding your Fe status. Curcumin being one of them.

Being on testosterone alone suppresses hepcidin, therefore will increase iron (Fe). Although there may be a tug-of-war with how efficiently your ferroportin is driving Fe into storage from some of the supplements? That's just a speculation on my behalf. I dunno for sure.

So I'd start with your supplement list and go through it to determine what may impair Fe.

Ferrous Sulfate was the only thing that ever helped raise my ferritin. Nothing else worked.

I also used to donate too much until I learned that it was unnecessary without high platelets, high fibrinogen, and blood clotting mutations. Wish I had known that before donating so much.

Ferrous Sulfate was the only thing that ever helped raise my ferritin. Nothing else worked.

I also used to donate too much until I learned that it was unnecessary without high platelets, high fibrinogen, and blood clotting mutations. Wish I had known that before donating so much.
Same here. Good post, Nothuman. I'm currently dealing with my numbers being tanked for the second time. The first time we treated it a little aggressively (and I added a low dose of anadrol and eq to my arsenal) and we ended up with a pretty high H & H. It's a tough situation. Now I've accepted that I just don't need to donate often, if at all. ONLY go on blood work, not on what forums say (You HAVE to donate every 8 weeks, blah, blah blah). Everyone reacts differently.

After seeing the grocery list of different supplement you posted the other day, it wouldn't surprise me if several of those supplements aren't impeding your Fe status. Curcumin being one of them.

Being on testosterone alone suppresses hepcidin, therefore will increase iron (Fe). Although there may be a tug-of-war with how efficiently your ferroportin is driving Fe into storage from some of the supplements? That's just a speculation on my behalf. I dunno for sure.

So I'd start with your supplement list and go through it to determine what may impair Fe.
Curcumin tanked my iron levels!

Same here. Good post, Nothuman. I'm currently dealing with my numbers being tanked for the second time. The first time we treated it a little aggressively (and I added a low dose of anadrol and eq to my arsenal) and we ended up with a pretty high H & H. It's a tough situation. Now I've accepted that I just don't need to donate often, if at all. ONLY go on blood work, not on what forums say (You HAVE to donate every 8 weeks, blah, blah blah). Everyone reacts differently.

Yup, the low ferritin and high H/H thing was making me a hypochondriac for no reason. I had every blood clotting test under the sun and I tested negative for every single one (factor V and all the others). I would donate blood and my H/H would just come back to what it was within a couple of weeks. Total waste of time and emotional energy. My Hematocrit stays at 54 now with my Hemoglobin 18.5 on TRT. Whatever, nothing I can do about it besides comes off testosterone, which would be the dumbest thing ever (despite what two fat idiot hematologists told me)

Last edited:

That's very interesting. Generally speaking, how did you feel during the time you had the H-pylori? Were you lethargic or did you even notice it? Was there any abdominal distension? Also, what antibiotics did they prescribe?

Thanks Stewie. Curcumin I rarely use so I’ll have to go through my 9000 supplements and see which impairs iron ;(

Do you happen to know why my saturation percent and ferritin are low yet my total iron, Transferrin and TIBC are normal? In the past my TIBC was high which you indicated could be an iron deficiency but this time it’s not so I’m super confused. Thanks

Did you ever get any stomach problems from ferrous sulfate? I'm borderline anemic

Never but I've heard people say they have. I just got lucky with that

Dammit I did a quick search and some of my favorite supplements inhibit iron

Ip6
Ala
Selenium
NAC
Milk thistle
Ecgc
quercetin
Grape seed extract
Mucuna pruiens
Pycnogenol
Chinese Skullcap
Pomegranate
Carnitine
Calcium
Zinc
Manganese
Magnesium
Vit A and E
Glutathione
SamE

I think he may have just posted a list of all the supplements that can potentially inhibit iron. I dont think hes necessarily taking all of those.

No, he actually takes those along with several others.

Yes my follow up is in 4 weeks with BP measurements.

In the past I was always on a base of 500mg/wk test 50mg/day proviron and would add something else. Usually primo or npp or Anavar. And a base of 4iu/day gh. Changes were I dropped to Trt(150-200mg/Test and 1.5-2iu GH/day. Was on Lisinopril and reduced training to higher reps. Phlebotomies used to be every month but it ranked my ferritin so after several trial and errors with multiple blood tests I found a phlebotomy every 3 months kept my hemoglobin in check without effecting iron/ferritin. Also a big one is I add 10g hydromax to my water and shot for 1.5 gallons per day. My hemoglobin can fluctuate from 16.5-19.5 just based of hydration alone.

My supplement regimen is a bit extreme but I feel it’s a good band aid over a bullet wound:

Turmeric 900mg(95% curcuminoids) 2x/day
Hawthorn berry 500mg 2x per day(jarrow)
Magnesium Glycinate 400mg(KAL) 400mg morning
magnesium l threonate Magtein 2010mg night
Fish oil 3G 2x daily(Nutrabio)
Krill oil 1g 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
Sytrinol 150mg 2x/day
Astaxanthin 4mg/day(vitaminshoppe)
Vitamin C complex 2g 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
VitE complex 400iu/day(solgar)
D3 10,000iu day(vitaminshoppe)
VitK(MK-7) 90mcg/day(jarrow)
Na-R(+)-ALA 200mg 2x/day(ast sports science)
NA-RALA 125mg 2x/day (doctors best)
ALCAR 500mg 2x/day
milk thistle 600mg(%80) (vitacost)
Liv 52 double strength 2 tabs/day(Himalaya)
Ubiquinol 200mg/day(jarrow)
MitoQ 10mg/day
PQQ 20mg/day(Jarrows)
Shilajit Fulvic Acid complex 250mg/day(jarrow)
Baby aspirin/day
Selenium 100mcg/day 3-4 days/wk
Citrus Bergamot 500mg/day(jarrow)
Nattokinase 2,000fu/day(Doctors Best)
Lumbrokinase 1,000fu/day(doctors best)
Arjuna 1 tab/day(Himalaya)
Feverfew 325mg 2x/day(NOW)
Pycnogenol 100mg 1-2x/day(vitamineshoppe)
Trans-Resvertrol 500mg 2x/day(Nutrabio)
Grape seed 100mg/day(%75)(vitaminshoppe)
Indoor-3-Carbinol 200mg 1x/day(NOW)
Green Tea Extract(%50 egcg) 500mg/day(Vitacost)
Boswellia 5-Loxin 150mg/day
CarotenAll 1 gel/day (jarrow)
5g D-Ribose powder 2-3x/day
Vinpocetine 10mg 1-2x/day(Source Naturals)
Siberian Eleuthero 500mg2x/day(.8%)(Bluebonnet)
Ginger root 550mg 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
Ginko Biloba 120mg(%24%) 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
Bromelain(500mg-2400 GDU/g) 2x/day(Now)
Allicin 650mg/day(vitaminshoppe)
NAC 600mg 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
Ip-6(3.2g ip6/880mg inositol) (Cell Forte)
Living Liquid 1oz/day(Viva Vitamins)
Methyl b-12 5000mcg/day(jarrow)
K1ngs Blood 3caps/day (Olympus Labs)
Semax intranasal 200mcg/day
D-Ribose powder 10g/day
VSL#3 probiotic 1/day
Orac-Energy greens
Miracle reds
Sacred 7 Mushroom powder
Niacinamide 500mg/day(nutrabio)
Tru Niagen 250mg 2x/day
Ceylon Cinnamon 500mg 1-2x/day(carlson Labs)
Ginkgo Bilboa 120mg 2x/day
NALT 350mg after adderall wears off
200mg L-Theanine 2-3x/day
Creatine Monohydrate 5-10g/day
KSM-66 300mg/night
CDP Choline 250mg/day(Jarrows)
Alpha GPC 150mg 2x/day
Chocamine 1g/day
Lions Maine 8:1 1g/day
Epicor 500mg/day
Pomella 200-300mg/day
Uridine 200mg 1-2x/day
Cyracos Lemon balm 600mg/night
300mcg Melatonin/night
Jiaogulan 2x/day
Ashitaba 500mg 2x/day
BenaGene 100mg/day
cytoastragalus 25mg/day
astragaloside iv 20% 200mg/day

Thanks Stewie. Curcumin I rarely use so I’ll have to go through my 9000 supplements and see which impairs iron ;(

Do you happen to know why my saturation percent and ferritin are low yet my total iron, Transferrin and TIBC are normal? In the past my TIBC was high which you indicated could be an iron deficiency but this time it’s not so I’m super confused. Thanks

I have to assume it's the interactions of the multitude of supplements you're taking. There may be some sort of hepcidin-ferroportin interaction that's not allowing transport of ferritin in storage. Or miniscule amounts only being able to uptake?

That's my best guess, I dunno?

Last edited:

So when healthy , nothing good comes from donating?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131