over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best leg exercises for quad separation

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What are some of the best leg exercises to help bring more separation and striations to the quads.??

Aside from lower body fat , I'm prepping my buddy for a state show to hopefully qualify for Nationals ,he has good legs but we wanna bring better lines in with them.

This pic is last Thursday night before the show on Saturday , we decided to have him do the show as a warm up and to support to promoter. So we have three more weeks of Dieting to get him pulled in and better lines.

Attachments

• received_10215066932860969.jpeg
    received_10215066932860969.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,083
look pretty separated to me

separation AFAIK = huge muscles + low body fat

I have always liked squats with various leg placement when doing the exercise. Sets with wide stance, medium stance and narrow stance.

IMO, He looks good enough.

Once he gets a tan on he will look more "separated". I think just doing leg extensions and holding the top position at full contraction. Actually do an isometric contraction at full extension where he tightens the muscles as hard as he can. By changing the angle that the foot hits the pad you are able to shift focus to different quad muscles and get those to flare out more. Teaches more muscle control. He looks great now! I hope you post pictures when he is show ready.

front squats, frog stance hack squats

As someone before me said, other than it not being possible really, a good idea would be to switch up foot placement when doing quad movements. Spacing feet wider and closer together, pointing the toes outwards or inwards more and moving them up or down on the platform for hack squats/leg presses. Basically change up everything he has been doing so far that hasn't brought what you wanted.

He does look very good btw, especially his legs.

Is he doing everything he can/is prepared to do chemically to bring out more lines and striations?

is he doing everything he can/is prepared to do chemically to bring out more lines and striations?

Well I'm pretty conservative with what I suggest dose wise. For this show he was running 400mg test , 400mg mast per week and the last 10 days we added 50mg winstrol a day as well as 2iu HGH in the AM fasted and 2iu before Training in the evening. We didn't drop the GH this go around.
The next show we plan to pull the HGH out 10 days pre contest and we added 12.5mg Aromasin Monday.

So for the next show he'll have been on winstrol almost 6 weeks and an anti estrogen for 4 weeks and we are adding 30min cardio fasted in the AM after the HGH shot. We will probably pull the HGH again before the final week as it does make him hold some water sub-Q

He can definitely come down in body fat a bit , we were just wanting to bring some "wow" factor to his big legs

These two pics are from Friday night after weigh in (206) and after a few coats of tan but before cutting water.

Attachments

• 45686~2.jpeg
    45686~2.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 45687~2.jpeg
    45687~2.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 119
dude looks great

but he still has bf to lose...

so rejoice!

because while he looks great, he has the ability to easily look even better.

How come you didn’t use tren at all? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come you didn’t use tren at all? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wanted to try without it , he's used it in the past and didn't like the side effects.
I personally like a little tren during prep but he wanted to try without it.

dude looks great

but he still has bf to lose...

so rejoice!

because while he looks great, he has the ability to easily look even better.

I agree with this. Guys quads are huge, and looks like he's got some good shape and I can already see the separation. Get him down a couple more percent and I think his quads should look pretty nasty

adductor work with the femur slightly internally rotated and weights leg lifts (which most people do for abs) will help the help flexors and rectus femoris, gets you a little more development up near the top of the hip.

But for now just diet a couple more lbs off.

Dude looks crazy.

Add in an AI and a little tren would go along way.

I know everyone wants to be hardcore and say squats front squats Yadda Yadda but Leg extensions with full range of motion with very controlled reps. Like lock yourself in and squeeze the fucking shit out of the top for 3 seconds then slowly bring it down. Just look at guys with great quads doing leg extensions and how the fibers just dance while performing the rep. And there form is usually perfect too. Not the Branch Warren shit

Dude looks crazy.

Add in an AI and a little tren would go along way.

I know everyone wants to be hardcore and say squats front squats Yadda Yadda but Leg extensions with full range of motion with very controlled reps. Like lock yourself in and squeeze the fucking shit out of the top for 3 seconds then slowly bring it down. Just look at guys with great quads doing leg extensions and how the fibers just dance while performing the rep. And there form is usually perfect too. Not the Branch Warren shit

I was waiting for the first guy to write leg extensions. I have never got that lean but I agree with everything you stated. Leg extensions get a bad rep but nothing has worked better for me. Many don't focus and get that muscle connection you post about.

I was waiting for the first guy to write leg extensions. I have never got that lean but I agree with everything you stated. Leg extensions get a bad rep but nothing has worked better for me. Many don't focus and get that muscle connection you post about.

Exactly.. I used to think leg extensions were pussy. But the last time I got lean for a show I would do leg extensions and see my muscle fibers just twitch and dance so I started doing them on a regular basis. Man let me tell you, I know for sure I've gotten most of the mass on my quads from squats and leg presses and all that other shit but leg extensions have really brought out the sarcromer zipper look going up my quads when I flex them. And leg extensions have added a degree of development I wouldn't have had with just squats and presses.

I love taking a moderate to light weight and really focus on getting my brain like literally in my quads when I do the set. I turn my music off when doing these because it's not about power here. It's like your studying for your final exam to graduate college. That's how much you need to concentrate on these.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws